Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Things to Kill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
    Every dungeon I design gets harder the deeper you go in. It's just a natural expectation for me.
    As it should be.

I was referring to a means in which high level characters can by-pass the low-level areas in the dungeon. (perhaps a key they found) That way you can have an area that can be fun for all levels.

Also it may aid in RP; pushing different characters together. Not looking for upper level chars helping lower level ones just to mix some things up a bit. Perhaps finding mentors? "Hey your pretty good with that sword. Had you thought about joining Red Blades?"...
    Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
    Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
    Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
    Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

Some people have mentioned difficulty surviving solo with a PC not really good at solo adventure.

DnD was created with a balanced party in mind. However, one way of encouraging classes such as rogues or bards would be to weight a spawn script for the new area with a "weakbuild-ness" modifier to PC CR. This could just affect what spawns, not xp earnt for killing.

Example: >2 level of bard OR rogue = -1 to PC CR for purposes of calculating spawns

Comment

Is that even possible, Intrepid? Sounds like the scripting would be a severe pain in the bum.
        Active

Inactive

Cazen - A guy who "knows a guy..."
        - Nights in Neverwinter (Cazen History)
        - Back on the Street

Thrice-Cursed Ruslan - An outcast among outcasts
        - Tales of a Foolish Brother (Ruslan History)

Comment

Dungeons full of mobs that are pretty much high level Barbarians that also cast Mords Disjunction.
          Running across the mountains, attacking with an oversized scalpel, cometh Helga Great-Wyrm! And she gives a mighty bellow:
          "Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! You are made of meat and I am very hungry!"

Comment

I chose 13-14, but it's 8-14 really.
            A lot of PCs in that range go to the lizardfolk cave, but now everyone is "oh noes, don't kill the friendly slitherscales!" IC. That's an IC problem, but it removes an area to kill stuff for some players.
            Raman Aseph - Runescarred Berserker
            http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Raman_Aseph

Comment

As one of the leading members of the Corps, Cybil discourages people from running off killing the slitherscale; she's never said they were friendly . She looks at it this way, since the people of Sestra and the farmers are her primary responsibility, that adventurers go in, cause havoc, and walk away thinking they've done a good job, when in reality, it causes the Neutral Slitherscale to get mad, and strike back (at the nearest thing), bringing the cycle around. And the Naga are about the same level as the Slitherscale, go smack them around!
              Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
              Cybil Gelley (Retired)
              Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Well the most popular level range is the approximate target of our newest zone, which some of you have had the chance to journey to.

I'm still working out the specifics but expect to have a certain service available in Port Avanthyr without DM intervention... for a price. (Not prostitutes).
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

7-8 Level gap would be nice.

Comment

i'm a little disappointed that there will be no prostitutes. so unrealistic.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

Working...
                    X