Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to level 20?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to level 20?

How long do you think it should take to reach 20?
    Two Months
    15.79%
    Four Months
    27.82%
    Six Months
    33.08%
    Eight Months to a Year
    23.31%

Personally, I am in no hurry to get to level 20, though getting the special abilities tied to my class in themselves is something that's rather fun.

The biggest incentive I've had so far to pursue an advancing carreer so far... are the other rather strong characters on the server against which Maia may or may not have to fight. For Maia, as a character, I come at odds with more than a few characters ~_~;
    Maia Nanethiel ~ Moon Elf Female Ranger

Comment

Six months seems fine to me.. It is a long, LONG time of gameplay for an active player, and it makes best sense IC. From Zero to Hero in a huff was never my thing.

Comment

6 Months seems to long IRL.

4 Months seems fine.
        "Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man."
        - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Six months for the win. What a lot ofn people don't get is 2 months until 20, or even 4, wont compensate for all the events or quests and other things that are being added to a BETA PW. It's not even near finished yet, theres still countless things the staff want to/may add. If we're all level 20 when they add stuff, it won't really help when they need to spawn mobs or give out items if we're decked out enough to not even need them from level 20 glory.

Time should balance with experience, events, and how they plan out in the ever changing world.

Comment

two months, it doesnt take too long to level, espicially with these dm events out here. you get LOTs of xp.

Comment

Originally posted by undeadsteak View Post
              two months, it doesnt take too long to level, espicially with these dm events out here. you get LOTs of xp.
              Not how it WILL take, how long it SHOULD take.

Comment

I say half a year. You'll always get those weeks when you either cant play or dont feel like playing. Six months seems like a decent amount of time to grin...I mean participate in the multitude of DM events and reach such a lvl.
                What I wanna know if there'll be any content thought about for lvl 20 ppl. Maybe being written in the history, or some important job like Army captain or head of library, ???

Comment

oh.. 6 months, then.

Comment

I don't care. I don't notice if or when I level. I just came to RP.
                    Alena Xaran - Cleric of Lliira

Comment

I actually say two months. This is probably because I'm a busy person and don't have a lot of time to sit down and roleplay for hours on end, so it usually takes me a *LOT* longer to level. It's frustrating to be stuck on low-level quests and areas for months and months.
                      Character(s)
                      >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
                      ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

It SHOULD take the average, NON ECL character about four months.

This weeds out the less-than-dedicated, the raw powergamers (no instant gratification...HA!), and almost forces character development (gasp!).

ECL characters.....it will naturally be longer because the exp curve simply doesn't take that into consideration (nor should it...you're an ECL for a reason...it's just going to be harder).
                        Don't run...you'll only die tired.

Comment

Alright, I'm getting, from the votes, it's too short. I will tweak the cutoff.

For those who say "I don't have time and it'll take me longer than 2 months anyway", that's the point of the exp system, to give bonuses to people who aren't pushing it.

Comment

I just wish I had the time to be on and actually participate in events and interact with DMs. I think Fubar has received 100 roleplaying exp...

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
                            "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
                            Eldraxus Tzyvioq
                            Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

Good game Kaldaris. :x

Comment

Working...
                              X