Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A warning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually very happy to hear about the script giving zero xp after a cutoff; sometimes killing goblins becomes part of the RP or just happens because you're RPing with people near a spawn point and they respawn. If someone's getting zero xp after so many goblins then they're obviously not killing them for the xp gain... although I suppose people can potentially farm for item drops still at that point...
    PC - Corwin Eska'las (Sun Elf pursuing the dream of becoming a Bladesinger)

Alt PC - Brevin Smoothands (meticulously groomed half orc bard swashbuckler... sort of... sings great, less fighting)

Comment

But farming isn't allowed either.

Comment

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents for what they worth. I (Zefzen Oakstaff) have spent the majority of my time online in the goblin area. But for all of my hours I only had level 5 before the wipe and I'm now level 4 post beta. I enjoy hanging out there because frankly there are not yet that many hostile areas out there, and new players are drawn there like moth's to a flame. So I'd say if you want to meet new players....... thats the place to be. Not because of grinding, just because thats where everyone eventually goes. I've tried to RP a great deal, but most often the conversation leads to.........
        "So good traveler where you headed?"
        "Well good sir! I'm gonna go kick me some goblin butt. Wanna come?"

Then this turns into a snowball effect because you now run into 10 people on the way to the cave......... and by the time you get there you have a party of 10, which is much harder to keep organized, because at least a few of them, though they may be good roleplayers, will be the impatient type and want to RUSH RUSH RUSH. Then RPing becomes Grinding because everyone else is just tying to keep up with their party.
        *phew*
        With all that said I would have to say I think the probem will sort itself out when there are more areas to explore. With the server population being one of the most impressive I've seen for NWN, (there are 38 online as I type this) I think it becomes hard for players not to constanly stumble into eachother. Dont get me wrong. I believe in Quality over Quantity, so by all means Sundren Staff, please take your time and make the future areas as wonderful and impressive as the ones we already have. But I'm afraid to say that untill there are more areas...... or an aplication process is done to thin the players out, this will continue to be a problem.

One other thought. If you have a problem with the way a DM handles a situation..... I'd take it up with them Via a one on one chat or E-mail to the Sundren staff, not on the forum. I dont say this to insult anyone, its just that I used to play on a very good sever that will remain unnammed. But on that sever's forum the amount of mudd slung against the DM's was enough to make me think the whole server was nothing but a bunch of whinny immature kids, so I left. Which is what a player should do if they have a probem with a server. Complaining wont do you any good, its not your server, they are big chief and you are one feather, so you wont win. But trust me, I really dont think they are out to get us. It just not an easy job and everyone makes mistakes from time to time.
        A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
        -William Shakespeare

Comment

No one ever said the beta was over.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

My bad. Post char Wipe I mean
            A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
            -William Shakespeare

Comment

O_O... the beta isnt over?

Comment

No it's now undeadsteak, the last wipe was to cleant he slate and make sure all the starting areas and item drop rates were bugless and fairly distributed.

Unless I'm mistaken the actual ending of beta and the character wipe is this Friday See you at level three ^_^.

*rolls bluff check*
                Current Characters: n/a

Old Characters: Kai Nightwind; Ivtanier Silvermoon

Comment

You know how many zones we're still adding? If we ended the beta at the wipe, we'd have been prematuer.

Comment

What...? We're losing our characters again?

I can't wait for the update in a few weeks. Harder Forest go!

Comment

We aren't wiping characters again

Comment

I'd have to turn into THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH. :O?!

Danke.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlett View Post
                          I'd have to turn into THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH. :O?!

Danke.
                          Oh, I meant we are DEFINITELY wiping your characters

Comment

It's ok Scarlet, as long as we coordinate together we can take him.

You tank GBX, and I'll flank him for -2AC and sneak attacks.

And if we can get a barbarian to chain knockdown him even better...

Contrary to popular belief, DM's are NOT invincible, they can be cut and killed just like the rest of us, it just... takes a little longer is all... *nods sagely*
                            Current Characters: n/a

Old Characters: Kai Nightwind; Ivtanier Silvermoon

Comment

Originally posted by Arckeya View Post
                              No it's now undeadsteak, the last wipe was to cleant he slate and make sure all the starting areas and item drop rates were bugless and fairly distributed.

Unless I'm mistaken the actual ending of beta and the character wipe is this Friday See you at level three ^_^.

*rolls bluff check*

omg... you.. almost.. killed me.. until.. i read the other posts.. and then quoted you and saw the bluff roll O_o!

Comment

While i would love to leave the monster spawn areas an just RP i have no where to go being a drow... I avoid cities like the plague and the only place underground is the goblin cave. Currently im forced to be in areas where creatures spawn. *sighs* i cant wait till we have mor dongeons to hang out in... maby an underground town. *shrugs* well enough with my bitching about being a drow. continue
                                Lady Isiovien, Drow (retired)

Esiela, Tiefling Wizard

Comment

Working...
                                X