Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A warning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A warning...

All powergamers, grinders, and griefers are going to be dealt with in the harshest manner possible. We have many good friendly roleplayers here who in some cases can't even get on the server because it's full. We will not hesitate to ban people who decide not to roleplay, or who insist on griefing, farming, and otherwise violating all the rules we have set in place. For the people who are making an honest effort to roleplay, you are the victims in this scenario and have no worries. If the habit of these kinds of people continue we will be forced to put in an application policy.

If you see someone who is blatantly violating the rules with no care or consideration for anyone else, report it in the help forum with a screenshot. If it isn't reported and you guys get frustrated, there is nothing we can to do help you.

Thanks.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Also, we have lowered experience gain to 0% once you are over your limit. We have also shortened the "Window" of allowance for grinding.

If you start to recieve 0 experience this is why.

Comment

I get in the game early in the mornings and almost all the PCs I've encountered are willing to roleplay. I guess the grinders get on later in the day.
      Live each day as if it's your last, for one day it shall be

Comment

Well, I have yet to experience any such players. Of course, I have yet to venture outside the trusted goblin cave and it's surroundings. I'm guessing the powergamers quickly leave this area?

In any case, I couldn't agree more with Saulus on this matter. Grinding, griefing, the like, does not belong on Sundren.

Comment

No diggity.

I've experienced such problems on almost every RP server I've played on thus far. I'm glad you guys are making such efforts to stop that behavior and promote good RP!
          On all those other servers I have never reported those things, and you made a good point. Not reporting it is ruining your own experience as much as it is for these false RPGers to do it in the first place. So report I shall with pride!

Comment

Thanks guys! Im tired of the yarg fighters/paladins killing the entire goblin nation while SOME ppl are trying to RP before getting there.

PS: Cant wait for the side quests

Comment

well the problem with this rule is that its subjective.
              whos to say what grinding is.. Personally i dont really know what that is, nor what farming is. I received 0 exp but I was talk in character with a group of my self darkblade and some horned guy. We'd be attacked we kill it get no exp. thats fine but you cant just say your a grinder your banned, or your moving to fast so I place 12 deadly level traps around you for punishment for going into a goblin gave alone. Your punishment is being defeated and loosing your exp and gold. Not some on the fly dm's idea of punishment. I know its your sandbox your rules but In my opinion its unfair and not needed.
              The game is new and the still in beta and not every area is in and the quest as well but to gain exp besides rp is killing monsters. A dm cant be every where. I rped 3 out of 4 hours and didnt receive and exp as i wasnt being watched. Dm's will watch those they favor or who they think is a problem. If your in the median your most likely not being watched and havent gotten any rp based exp. So overall you need to be a little more subjective about the server. We as players are what drives the server and the game and the more your comedown on players for minor infractions the more you'll slowly poison your self.
              Angrim Thundergut: The Incredible Bulk

The Hint Banality

FINISH HIM!

^, >, >, V, X

Screen goes dark

Large red hand smashes opponent to chunky salsa

Banality!

Comment

Originally posted by Priest of Asmodeus View Post
                whos to say what grinding is.. Personally i dont really know what that is, nor what farming is. I received 0 exp but I was talk in character with a group of my self darkblade and some horned guy. We'd be attacked we kill it get no exp. thats fine but you cant just say your a grinder your banned, or your moving to fast so I place 12 deadly level traps around you for punishment for going into a goblin gave alone. Your punishment is being defeated and loosing your exp and gold. Not some on the fly dm's idea of punishment. I know its your sandbox your rules but In my opinion its unfair and not needed.
                The game is new and the still in beta and not every area is in and the quest as well but to gain exp besides rp is killing monsters. A dm cant be every where. I rped 3 out of 4 hours and didnt receive and exp as i wasnt being watched. Dm's will watch those they favor or who they think is a problem. If your in the median your most likely not being watched and havent gotten any rp based exp. So overall you need to be a little more subjective about the server. We as players are what drives the server and the game and the more your comedown on players for minor infractions the more you'll slowly poison your self.
                It's very obvious to us who's causing problems and who isn't once we take a good look. We do our best and if some people leave because they don't feel that's good enough then that's their choice. We all do this in our free time and work tirelessly to try to provide a fun server for people to play on. We don't get paid, on the contrary we also spend money as well as our time to keep this running. Some people seem to forget that.
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Well GBX and I (Caleb) talked about this last night, I'm at level 5 right now and the biggest problem I've seen happening since the Wipe is groups of 10+ people raiding the goblins for xp and loot its more people than enemies so I usually leave those areas and me and my party go do something else like explore the forest or Sestra. I myself RP alot but I still like to fight and I always do so with a party and while RPing, according to What GBX told me I am lvling too fast and I understand that but its not like I'm doing it on purpose, besides I know people that are still level 3 due to ECL penalties and they grind alot more than me. What I usually do is go to Port Avanthyr and see if there is someone there that I know we talk for some time and goof of sometimes (super goblin team) but we cant do that forever its a game after all, so we decide to "stretch out a bit" and go to the forest or the hills to get some action. So lvling up fast isnt what I try to do I try to be an all around player. I am from Portugal and I have to stay up late to get the chance to be in some DM quests so most of the time I have nothing else to do than go kill something. I think that a quest system would really benefit everyone at this point.

Keep up the good work.
                  Jonathan Portnoy - A pirate's life fer me ARRR
                  Caleb Norte - The Green Half-Orc
                  Ego Trip - Wizard Spectacularrr

Comment

Originally posted by Priest of Asmodeus View Post
                    You know how people people got hit with traps from me? 3 since server opened... You know how many were soloing? 0, I got complaints "This guy isn't trying to RP, can you do something?" So I checked into it. They wound up out.

You know how many people were banned for grinding since the server wipe? 0

You know who I ran the most events for yesterday and handed out the most experience to? New players who had about 3000 experience that I never saw before. It's hard to say I favor someone I never met. I also jumped around giving 200 exp to anyone I saw sitting about, taking time to RP. Maybe you didn't get it in the dungeon?

Honestly? I won't start events from within the middle of a dungeon often. And it's difficult to start events in the middle of a crowd of 12 players. I look for players who are wandering about and draw them into things.

I defined what powerlevelling was. Saying "Who knows what grinding is?". I wrote out what it is.

http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=402

So, I'd like to know how people have 1400 exp / hour of online time if they weren't breaking those listed rules?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Osadam View Post
                      Well GBX and I (Caleb) talked about this last night, I'm at level 5 right now and the biggest problem I've seen happening since the Wipe is groups of 10+ people raiding the goblins for xp and loot its more people than enemies so I usually leave those areas and me and my party go do something else like explore the forest or Sestra. I myself RP alot but I still like to fight and I always do so with a party and while RPing, according to What GBX told me I am lvling too fast and I understand that but its not like I'm doing it on purpose, besides I know people that are still level 3 due to ECL penalties and they grind alot more than me. What I usually do is go to Port Avanthyr and see if there is someone there that I know we talk for some time and goof of sometimes (super goblin team) but we cant do that forever its a game after all, so we decide to "stretch out a bit" and go to the forest or the hills to get some action. So lvling up fast isnt what I try to do I try to be an all around player. I am from Portugal and I have to stay up late to get the chance to be in some DM quests so most of the time I have nothing else to do than go kill something. I think that a quest system would really benefit everyone at this point.

Keep up the good work.
                      I don't actually look at "Levels", I look at experience. What I said was "You were spending too much time in the Goblins and should move along". Reasons being so others can have a chance as well as your experience rate versus your play time was pretty high.

For example, I have seen players since wipe with online times of 28 hours. They have 13000 experience. Your online times was about... 12 hours with the same experience. Which do you think is spending more time in the hostile areas for experience?

This is why I urged you on. Did I ban you? Or put traps in your way? Or accuse you of powerlevelling? No. I simply asked if you would take some time off since people with only 3000 experience were trying to see the goblin caves for the first time as well.

And I likely won't be banning people for repeatedly trying to gain experience, since we got a bit harsher on the rate (now goes down to 0xp) so people will stop themselves in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
                        I don't actually look at "Levels", I look at experience. What I said was "You were spending too much time in the Goblins and should move along". Reasons being so others can have a chance as well as your experience rate versus your play time was pretty high.

For example, I have seen players since wipe with online times of 28 hours. They have 13000 experience. Your online times was about... 12 hours with the same experience. Which do you think is spending more time in the hostile areas for experience?

This is why I urged you on. Did I ban you? Or put traps in your way? Or accuse you of powerlevelling? No. I simply asked if you would take some time off since people with only 3000 experience were trying to see the goblin caves for the first time as well.

And I likely won't be banning people for repeatedly trying to gain experience, since we got a bit harsher on the rate (now goes down to 0xp) so people will stop themselves in the end.
                        I never accused you of doing such things, I said I understood what you told me, and I am completely on your side, I was just trying to tell you what I usually do. Sorry if I passed the wrong message. I help out new players aswell when I can if they need healing or something I always try to help.
                        I think that your new solution is going to work great actually, but if possible you should do the same thing to loot, no loot for grinders.

Keep up the good work
                        Jonathan Portnoy - A pirate's life fer me ARRR
                        Caleb Norte - The Green Half-Orc
                        Ego Trip - Wizard Spectacularrr

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus Mursadus View Post
                          It's very obvious to us who's causing problems and who isn't once we take a good look. We do our best and if some people leave because they don't feel that's good enough then that's their choice. We all do this in our free time and work tirelessly to try to provide a fun server for people to play on. We don't get paid, on the contrary we also spend money as well as our time to keep this running. Some people seem to forget that.
                          I understand that full well, trust me. What I have been saying is that in my experience is that a server starts to fall apart dude to very common things. To tell you the truth this is by far one of the best nwn1//nwn2
                          servers i've been on. Having worked on Animation and game project in lead positions I have seen the same problems there as well as servers for nwn1.
                          I've seen a great server go from good to bad in less than a year due to these pit falls. I think you all are doing a good job, I just dont want to see it fall due to shifting to far in one way. That has killed multitude of servers that and the belief that we dont have to change and we dont have to listen to our player base.
                          Angrim Thundergut: The Incredible Bulk

The Hint Banality

FINISH HIM!

^, >, >, V, X

Screen goes dark

Large red hand smashes opponent to chunky salsa

Banality!

Comment

Of course Asmodeus, but smiting powergamers around really isn't much roleplayers dislike Plus the DM's are perfectly able of listning to the reasons of a yet unproven guilt before acting, it's not a free for all ban fest I take it
                            Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Originally posted by Clutch View Post
                              Of course Asmodeus, but smiting powergamers around really isn't much roleplayers dislike Plus the DM's are perfectly able of listning to the reasons of a yet unproven guilt before acting, it's not a free for all ban fest I take it
                              Precisely.

And Lord Os. I know you weren't accusing me, the reply was mostly for the accusers who think I'm just banning on whims.

Comment

Working...
                              X