Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick response.

Originally posted by DeathRose52 View Post
    Might i ask a quick question, If say i have an item that isnt around much and it seem suited best for another character i have. Would it be simply ok if i said "sold it" to a npc vendor then came back with the other character and bought it off the vendor?
    Originally posted by Machiavelli View Post
    Think of it this way: Unless the items have gone through the hands of a DM on the road to reaching your new character, the rule has been broken.
    Either items are in the stores or available in drops (in which case they're likely to be in the stores anyway). The only circumstances where I can see this being relevant is if the item is a custom one handed out by a DM, in which case it's like selling our christmas present to you; we don't like that, and custom items are given to particular characters for a reason!
    I got one leg missin'
    How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
    Meet the Feebles

Comment

I think he is talking about some of the rare randomly generated items. I have bought a few that some people have sold to the various stores. Usually, if I find one that I can't use, I post on the Exigo Trading forum and sell it to another character for more than what any merchant will give for it.
      sigpic
      Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

Using the floor or another player to mule items over to another is against the rules.
        If you sell it IC to a PC, then another of your PCs buy it IC then it could get slightly complicated. Any OCC involved in the transition "I'm guna log on my other char, can you sell it to him?" is muling obviously.
        Originally posted by Lollercide
        Not even Ilmater would suffer Dune and Mach's wrath for us.

Comment

I think that any transfer of items between characters played by the same player is muling no matter what.
          James Leith - Gone home to the Isles
          Iefan Gwyllym - Newly arrived!

Comment

/agree Gator. To keep it simple, refer to the post I've now made twice! Here it is again . This is to avoid any ambiguity in the rule.

Think of it this way: Unless the items have gone through the hands of a DM on the road to reaching your new character, the rule has been broken.
            I got one leg missin'
            How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
            Meet the Feebles

Comment

*Bump for relevance.*

Take heed of the wise words of Machiavelli, they are a rare thing to behold.
              Originally posted by Saulus
              Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

I cant believe people actually do this, I remember it happening like two years ago but I havnt heard of something like this happening since!

*edit* Just a qq about looting! If you see someone pick something up (Dead enemy, barrel ~ whatever) and then you later notice it is sold into a faction store does that give you IC grounds to assume they are working for that faction?
                Originally posted by roguethree
                If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                X