Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muling

It has come to my attention that multiple players have been muling, despite the fact that we have a clearly written rule against it. Seeing as people are deciding to ignore this rule, I must assume that whatever means of reprimand we are using is not effective enough.

In the future, new characters caught muling will simply be deleted. If subsequent instances of muling are found, then there will be a one week ban on your account. We are generally good at giving people warnings but it seems most users are oblivious to the fact that we do not allow this.

In the future before playing please read and understand our rules, it's all we ask when you play (for free).

Thanks
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

I'd like to tack on the addendum that, if players choose to "remake" a character (meaning start over but keep their names), they are not entitled to mule items over to the new PC. I hope that helps clarify--giving items to remade characters is still considered muling and is against the rules.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Comment

Do people actually do this on our server? Honestly my characters are normally scrounging for cash as it is and can't really afford not to sell anything they find that they can't use. I figured muling would have went away with Diablo 2, but there are people who mule in WoW too. I'm just surprised that people actually do this on our server.
      Akodo
      Rhime - or is he?

Comment

I know this is a bit off topic.. but I played a tiefling rogue on Arelith for NWN1.. I was 'stalking' someone in sneak and witnessed him start muling.

So I waited till he dropped everything and logged, picked it all up and threw it in the nearest trash can. I then sent a 'tell' which stated what remnants of his items could be seen littered about the trash.
        "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."
        Laric Frashul - Healer Priest of Ilmater

Comment

I have 4 characters in total... and they are from the same clan stronghold and 2 of them are Blooded brothers also. one of them is a main character of mine and I often log off with all four of them in the same place assuming they meet there all the time to talk and drink.

Ive been playing for about 6 months now and I find this server to be verry well maintained and all. So I was wondering if I were playing against the game rules as to often having my main character helping my new dwarven clansmen equip themselves.

as for the Stonefist's storyline im working on it alot.. and roleplay it also... Grimlock a level 11 character of the clan and Blood brother of my main character died in combat and I think it makes the story of the stonefist more exciting for me and for sundren players also.

Now if its still against the rules I am sincerely sorry about this muling business ( if it is muling I was doing ) and I shall stop doing it.

Comment

Well the definition under our rules is transferring items from one character to another (that you both own), no matter what the circumstances this is not allowed. It's pretty clearcut, if you are doing this, it's against the rule.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Allright I shall stop doing so from now on. Thnaks for letting me know more about the matter :P

Comment

If a player feels as though the transferring of items is called for, such as in the case of remaking the exact same character with a different name, title, or spelling (perhaps to fix an error), then can he or she appeal to a DM to supervise and allow the "muling"?

Like, when one of the DM's permanently turned Ion into a dwarf by mistake... would Ion be able to ask "I wanna remake this character and have all the items transferred to the new version, so can you permit this"?
                Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

A DM will tell you when it's warranted, people should never just assume it's okay.

George Carlin

Comment

Yes. I was forced to remake a cleric because his domains did not match his god, and thus the DM took all of his stuff and then gave it back to the new version of him.
                    Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
                    Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
                    Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

Think of it this way: Unless the items have gone through the hands of a DM on the road to reaching your new character, the rule has been broken.
                      I got one leg missin'
                      How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                      Meet the Feebles

Comment

Might i ask a quick question, If say i have an item that isnt around much and it seem suited best for another character i have. Would it be simply ok if i said "sold it" to a npc vendor then came back with the other character and bought it off the vendor?
                        Currents:
                        Nothing yet.

Forgottens, as time has slip, so have they.
                        Varnz Fury - Born again Druid
                        Luke Harper - Seadog of the Sea.

Comment

In that case I don't think it would be considered muling, but then again you are probably gonna pay an arm and a leg to buy it back from the vendor since they jack the price up. This is just my opinion though.
                          Akodo
                          Rhime - or is he?

Comment

What if you sold it to another player IC, then your other character bought it from them IC? The other player could totally charge you more for it. I'm kinda guessing the answer to this is no. People could just have an arrangement where they promise to always sell at cost to each other and that would be the same as muling maybe.

There is another way to solve the problem of having items that your character can't use. Rather than sell it at the store, why not sell it or even just give it to random noobs? Then you get love love all around, and who knows but maybe your new character will enjoy the benefits of sharing too!

Careful of course, you don't want to overpower the little buggers with godlike weapons! Pardon me if this goes off topic. I just thought it might be helpful to express alternatives.
                            Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
                            Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
                            Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

Well this explains alot. I was recently questioned by a DM over how my character (my only character) acquired all the items he did. I was really wondering what was up since everything I have I earned (the Forest of Eternal Night is really a peaceful place...lol). Now I know...when someone breaks the rules it affects us all.
                              James Leith - Gone home to the Isles
                              Iefan Gwyllym - Newly arrived!

Comment

Working...
                              X