Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Updater Build / Sundren Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have missed it... but is there any way to have the updater download the files to the games Dir instead of the My Documents? I run my game from a different drive and space is alyway an issue in the System Drive for me... I end up copying them manually
    Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
    Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
    Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
    Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
    Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

Originally posted by Verrath View Post
      I may have missed it... but is there any way to have the updater download the files to the games Dir instead of the My Documents? I run my game from a different drive and space is alyway an issue in the System Drive for me... I end up copying them manually
      The NWN2 directory system isn't completely documented but we put all our files in MyDocuments for a reason. They won't work anywhere else. Please don't ever move them.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Verrath View Post
        Change the default directory for your MyDocuments location. You'll have to move your current one, but that's easy. Just copy-paste it to where you want it. Then...
        • Copy the new location of your MyDocuments folder to your clipboard. Ctrl+C, if you don't know.
        • Click Start, then right-click on "My Documents", then click on properties
        • Click in the "target" box, then paste (Ctrl+V) the location your copied earlier in there.
        • You can also click "move" to manually search for the folder you copied, or do some registry editing I can't remember how to do atm.

Comment

That's odd... they run fine after I move them to their corresponding folders in the game dir... I've done this since I first installed NWN2 and have never had any crashing or other issues. The only time it causes trouble is if I do it with the game running.

I'll look into moving the My Docs folder too though - not that it matters really, as I never use it for... storing Documents
          Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
          Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
          Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
          Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
          Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

Well if anyone knows how NWN2 finds your home directory... Is there an environment variable? Or you could try using "net user [USERNAME] /homedir:[DIRECTORY YOU USE]"

Not sure about that though, I think that might only be for when you're managing a network.

Copying into the NWN2 directory just isn't good practice, though you could argue, I guess, it works. And it shouldn't cause any problems - as long as you know what you're overwriting, otherwise you'll have to reinstall + redownload everything if you mess up.
            Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Working...
            X