Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Updater Build / Sundren Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Updater Build / Sundren Update

Please head over to downloads and grab the new updater build. This one is self updating and you will no longer have to manually download new versions of the updater (of course you still have to run the updater manually in order to get Sundren updates).
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Ummm, I installed windows installer 3.1 and .net framework 3.5. when I hit install and try to open/run the file it tells me there is an error attempting to install the sundren updater. I'm a bit confused to the whole thing too.
    Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
    "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

If you are using it in firefox give it a shot in IE. Basically it will auto install everything you need for the updater and set you up. You can then run it normally. It's designed to be painless and effortless.

It worked fine for me but if there are any bugs we'll get them patched up.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Nope, IE didn't work, and what does the launch link do? and do you need to install these things in a certain order?
        Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
        "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

The Launch link will only work in IE. The Install button should work from any browser.

You do not need to install Windows Installer 3.1 or .Net 3.5 yourself, Setup.exe will do this if you are missing them.

Gamling: Can you provide the exact error message or screen-shot it for me. Thanks.

Comment

Ok

An error occurred downloading the following resource:
            http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=97964

Date: 4/12/2008 6:49:51 PM

See the setup log file located at 'C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD12.tmp\inst all.log' for more information.

Thats when I click install/run

Adeodatus Exitium -

Comment

Originally posted by Gamling View Post
              Ok

An error occurred downloading the following resource:
              http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=97964

Date: 4/12/2008 6:49:51 PM

See the setup log file located at 'C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD12.tmp\inst all.log' for more information.
              Seems like an error downloading the .Net framework. Either try downloading and installing the file from that link, or PM me the contents of the log file.

Comment

I'm having the same problem as Gamling
                "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Is there any way we can just get all the files and manually install it?

Adeodatus Exitium -

Comment

The updater installed and seemed to work really well for me this morning, but now it won't download the new Sundren_v.38.hak. I ran it about ten times, and every time it said it downloaded something, but I still can't log in. Do I have to restart the computer or something?..

*Edit* No, restarting doesn't work..

Comment

Originally posted by steel505 View Post
                      The updater installed and seemed to work really well for me this morning, but now it won't download the new Sundren_v.38.hak. I ran it about ten times, and every time it said it downloaded something, but I still can't log in. Do I have to restart the computer or something?..

This morning? The new version was only posted at 6PM EST (GMT-5, which was six hours ago). Did you run a .msi or a .exe to install it?

Comment

"Unable to satisfy all prerequisites for Sundren Updater. Setup cannot continue until all system components have been successfully installed."

I'm guessing your updater doesn't like windows 2000?

EDIT: Looked at the details, it says
                        Prerequisite check for system component .NET Framework 3.5 failed with the following error message:
                        "Installation of the .NET Framework 3.5 requires Windows XP SP2, Windows 2003 SP1, Windows Vista, or later. Contact your application vendor."

No 3.5 NET framework for windows 2000. Does this mean I'll have to get a friend to upload over new haks to me now?
                        "Mad" Jack Flynn - "Godless wanderer"

Comment

Well, that's what I have, and it has been giving me guff all day, and still is. The worst part about this is that I can't even get on the sundren server.
                          Last edited by Gamling; 04-13-2008, 12:14 PM.

Adeodatus Exitium -

Comment

I seem to have the same problem as Gamling. Running Vista here.

Comment

Originally posted by steel505 View Post

Same problem here.... this hak file simply is not there, and the mod won't load.

I installed the updater yesterday (saturday afternoon GMT), ran it, and was able to log in fine.

This morning I got the message this hak is missing, so ran the updater again, it said it was done, but the game gave me the same error... And sure enough, this hak is nowhere to be found (I ran a file search)
                              Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
                              Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
                              Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
                              Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
                              Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

Working...
                              X