Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Class Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow thats a really interesting PRC!!!

I already have a character that I have been roleplaying as priest of Auril. He will definately have to consider this new prestige class.
    I have yet to meet another follower of Auril and I thought it would make alot of interesting roleplaying opportunities.

Comment

Whoa.

If this means more banites, I believe I shall be logging on again. I just wish I was a Divine caster >_<

Comment

Really nice PrC ideas =D
        I wonder how that'll balance out.. I feel sorry for any lowbies who walk past an Ice Fury Aura.

One question I have about that Aura, would Freedom of Movement cancel out the slowing part of it? I think it should otherwise people who can't make the save could be reeeaaallly screwed.

Comment

Doesn't Freedom of Movement always cancel out slow? I don't think you will have to make that save if you that spell on you.
          Your friendly neighborhood drunk

Comment

Freedom of Movement + Resistance to Cold = Dead Ice Fury
            Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

I keep laughing because people keep saying "Oh noes not Icefury!" ... Umm... how about a sorcerer with a few fireballs handy? Ouch.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Yeah, Kangleton's suggestion + Saulus' suggestion = dead crispy fried Ice fury. I still want to make one despite this. The RP that would go along with them sounds too good to pass up

Comment

Heh, if I were an Ice Fury, I would just prepare an Immunity to Fire spell, which lasts 24 hours...

So...

Yeah.
                  Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Comment

....which in turn is subject to any kind of dispel magic.
                    Characters:
                    Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                    Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Well, no, that isn't true. Dispel works on a set grouping of rules, and at a certain point, a caster can actually become indespellable. I'm pretty sure a Mord's dispel always works, but I don't know anyone with ninth level spells.

Comment

Well, when all else fails, bring in the guy with the biggest weapon.

Comment

Word, I agree
                          Characters:
                          Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                          Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                          If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

As far as I know, immunity to [element] only gives 100% immunity in NWN 2, so you'd still be vulnerable after the extra -%. Also, an Icefury would get the immunity spell 2 levels later than a pure druid/cleric.

And no one is ever immune to greater dispels until well into epic levels.

Comment

Hmm ... I think there is too much focus on Ice Fury's vulnerability to fire as the way of fighting him (or her) ... if your enemy is allergic to nuts you can still use a baseball bat if he (she) keeps his (her ... but that's unlikely an option if it's a she) mouth closed and you cannot kill him (well ... or her) stuffing with peanut butter ... LOL
                              KociPazur
                              sigpic

Comment

and if you forget about betting all on fire than Ice Fury says "What was that?" after being critted with sneak attack of a poisoned dagger ... on knocked down and kicked on the ribs with a conventional heavy boot... or shot with Greater Isaacs ... or whatever else than hurts creatures immune to fire damage ... and these words will be already spoken in The Forest of Eternal Night if you do a good job... but I agree that making it more difficult to protect Ice Fury from fire would add some spice to the class and make more sense that I agree with.
                                KociPazur
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X