Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Class Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Class Details

Ice Fury of Auril
    (PRESTIGE CLASS: This class is not available at character creation and must be unlocked by meeting special requirements, listed below.)

Icefuries are the servants of Auril, commanding the essence of winter at her bequest. Wielding ice and storm as their weapons, the sight of one of these fearsome champions is enough to inspire obeisance and servitude in those who live in the domain of the Cold Goddess.
    These champions of ice and winter wander the frozen lands, expanding the domain of their Goddess. Often alone for months, they are skilled in surviving on their own in a harsh and unforgiving environment.

Requirements:
    Feats: Toughness
    Skills: Survival 8 ranks.
    Spellcasting: Able to cast 4th-level divine spells.
    Special: Must worship Auril as a deity.
    Special: An Icefury may not wear heavy armor.
    Class Features:

- Hit Die: d8
    - Base Attack Bonus: High.
    - High Saves: Fortitude and Will.
    - Weapon Proficiencies: An Icefury gains no new weapon proficiencies.
    - Armor Proficiencies: An Icefury gains no new armor proficiencies.
    - Skill Points: 3 + Int Modifier.
    - Class Skills: Concentration, Craft Armor, Craft Weapon, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Lore, Survival and Spellcraft.
    - Spells per Day/Spells Known: When a new Icefury level is gained (except 1st and 5th level), the character gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as though he had gained a level in whatever divine spellcasting class gave him access to 4th-level divine spells. If the character has more than one applicable divine spellcasting class, he must pick one to improve.

- Auril's Whisper: At 1st level, a servant of Auril may draw upon the power of the Cold Goddess to emanate a permanent aura. The aura extends 15ft and affects all enemies that enter it as with the Slow spell. Enemies may attempt a save to avoid the effect. The slow effect lasts for 3 rounds.

- Auril's Blessing: At 2nd level, an Icefury is blessed by Auril's element. This gives the Icefury cold resistance 10, but also increases fire damage taken by 5%.

- Icing Touch: At 3rd level, the Icefury's attacks are strenghtened by Auril's might. Every attack deals an extra 1d4 cold damage. At level 6 this damage increases to 1d8 and at level 9 increases to 1d12.

- Auril's Wind: At level 5, the Icefury's connection with his deity deepens, and the strength of his aura increases. In addition to slowing enemies, the aura now deals 1d6 cold damage per 5 character levels the Icefury has.

- Auril's Greater Blessing: At 6th level, Auril's element becomes more strongly infused in the Icefury. He gains cold resistance 15, but suffers an extra 15% damage from fire attacks. This replaces Auril's Boon.

- Auril's Kiss: At 10th level, Auril blesses the Icefury with a kiss, completing the elemental infusion. The Icefury gains immunity to cold damage, but takes an extra 25% damage from fire attacks. This replaces Auril's Blessing.

- Auril's Breath: Upon reaching level 10, the aura that surrounds the Icefury becomes a symbol of Auril's icing breath. In addition to slowing and damaging enemies, it now also reduces their AC and attack bonus by 2 as well as reducing their saves versus cold by 3. Enemies are allowed a save to avoid this effect. It lasts for 3 rounds.

Dreadmaster
    (PRESTIGE CLASS: This class is not available at character creation and must be unlocked by meeting special requirements, listed below.)

Requirements:
    Feats: Skill Focus(Intimidate), Negotiator.
    Skills: Diplomacy 5 ranks, Intimidate 5 ranks.
    Base Attack Bonus: +4
    Spellcasting: Able to cast 3rd-level divine spells.
    Special: Must worship Bane as a deity.

Class Features:
    - Hit Die: d8
    - Base Attack Bonus: Medium.
    - High Saves: Fortitude and Will.
    - Weapon Proficiencies: A Dreadmaster gains no new weapon proficiencies.
    - Armor Proficiencies: A Dreadmaster gains no new armor proficiencies.
    - Skill Points: 2 + Int Modifier.
    - Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Craft Armor, Craft Weapon, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Lore and Spellcraft.
    - Spells per Day/Spells Known: When a new Dreadmaster level is gained the character gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as though he had gained a level in whatever divine spellcasting class gave him access to 3rd-level divine spells. If the character has more than one applicable divine spellcasting class, he must pick one to improve.

- Dominating Aura: At 1st level, a Dreadmaster emanates a persistent aura. This has two effects. First, the Dreadmaster becomes immune to fear. The aura itself extends 20ft and affects all enemies that enter it with a -4 penalty to save vs fear. At levels 3, 5, 7 and 9 the reach of this aura extends by 10ft.

- Insidious Insight: At 2nd level, the Dreadmaster is experienced in dealing with others. He gains a +2 circumstance bonus to diplomacy and gather information.

- Summon Cohort: At 3rd level, the Dreadmaster can summon his followers to him. The summoning lasts for 1 hour per Dreadmaster level plus 1 hour per 3 non-Dreadmaster level. As the Dreadmaster gains levels, his summoned followers improve. At 6th and 8th level, the Dreadmaster can summon an additional type of creature to his side.

- Rodcraft: At 4th level, the Dreadmaster becomes more attuned to symbols of power as tools of dominance and subjugation. He gains Craft Wand as a bonus feat.

- Fanatical Loyalty: At 5th level, the Dreadmasters influence over his followers is so strong that he can ask them to die for him. When Fanatical Loyalty is cast on a Dreadmasters follower, the follower will take all the damage dealt to the Dreadmaster. This effect lasts for 1 round per character level or until the follower dies. The Dreadmaster may use this ability once per day at 5th level, and twice per day at 7th level.

- Special Cohort: At 8th level, the Dreadmaster attains a special cohort. This follower does not count toward the summon limit. As the Dreadmaster gains power, so does his cohort. At 10th level, the Dreadmaster may summon a different follower.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Reserved.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Oh. My. God.

Those sound awesome! I want to have an Ice Fury now!
      Your friendly neighborhood drunk

Comment

Dreadmaster PRC sounds fascinating..such a class can only help to bolster the evil aligned characters on the server and serve as a foundation for a more organized front. Although I think they will have to find a gathering place other than the Exigo to formulate their plots.
        Cadmus of Helm - Priest of The Vigilant One, watcher of the coming darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmus Runesmith View Post
          Dreadmaster PRC sounds fascinating..such a class can only help to bolster the evil aligned characters on the server and serve as a foundation for a more organized front. Although I think they will have to find a gathering place other than the Exigo to formulate their plots.
          There's a lot hidden on Sundren for a reason.

Also the Ice Fury of Auril well definetly feel at home when Sundren's nothern winter expanse gets its due attention.

George Carlin

Comment

I am sure you have spent a lot of time about the ballance. But the first thing that came into my mind when i read the description of the Ice Fury of Auril was "holy shit". It seems to be overpowered to me so i hope it will be handled like the storm lord so that you can take it only after a IC event

Comment

Originally posted by Maevan2 View Post
              I am sure you have spent a lot of time about the ballance. But the first thing that came into my mind when i read the description of the Ice Fury of Auril was "holy shit". It seems to be overpowered to me so i hope it will be handled like the storm lord so that you can take it only after a IC event
              That's a given, and yes... we did spend a significant amount of time considering balance.

George Carlin

Comment

Wow. Both are pretty terrifying. I'd like to see what the Thayan Knight is like.

Comment

I think I'm going to start setting up a character to be a future Ice Fury now. I was wanting to make an evil character anyways.

Comment

^^and i'm sure about 50 others will join you

Ademant - Genasi with tainted blood
                    Raggard Haffee - Wild Dwarven Druid

Comment

I'm sure they will. But I will be the first! *evil laugh*

Comment

Oh dear lord.

*prepares firebrand, fireball, flame weapon, flame arrow, scorching ray...*

Comment

Well, since they're mainly Druids, they'll all have Energy Immunity: Fire as a spell...
                          Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Anyone who wants to be an ice fury must pay me 100.00 USD on paypal, kthxbai.

j/k, obv.
                            "How did you get into the press box?"

"I walk with boldness and authority wherever I go...it works sometimes."

Comment

Yeah the only weakness is the fire, but as Kang said . . .Fire Prot, Resist Elements, Fire immunity . . . tons of spells to cover it.
                              Current Player Of: Aden Astartes, Orren Baneshollow, Amnius, Kord Illumen and Lotho

Comment

Working...
                              X