Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Complete - New Death System Active

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Complete - New Death System Active

• Raise Dead, Ressurrection, and taking a body to the temple to be ressed will incur an experience hit. The loss will be in this order from greatest to least: Temple Res -> Raise Dead -> Ressurrection
    • Experience hit can de-level people.
    • Raise Dead Requires 10 Diamonds to function
    • Ressurrection Requires 8 Diamonds to function
    • Carrying a Corpse Requires 15 Diamonds to function
    • Diamonds for sale in Temple of Triumverate and Helm (More coming)
    • Respawning will now require a Signus item. This is essentially a "Get out of death free" item. If you burn a Signus, you will recieve no penalty. DMs may reward them to players. Past that, we are discussing methods of awarding them.
    • New players start with three Signus items (Since it's harsh to watch newbies die) or people who are 5 levels or lower.
    • DMs will still be able to ressurrect/raise dead without incurring a penalty to the player (They are free to impose one though afterwards )
    • Players entering the game after server reboot will get Etherealness for 60 seconds. This should give time to exit hostile areas if there was an unforeseen crash.

Todo:
    • Temples will all be verified as valid ressurrection points (Yes, even the Maskarrans)
    • Decide how diamonds will go into loot tables

I liked
    "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

I was told, while on the server, that with this new system, it is possible to become permadead. Is this true?
      Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Think of it like comic books. Is it technically possible? Probably. Is really likely? Probably not.

Just a players opinion.
        Names Taallic.

Only time can save the world now.
        Immortality is your last hope.
        For my existence to be true, Hell's Fire must burn hotter than Heaven's Cold Gates can stand.

Comment

actually thinkin in comic book terms, you'd die, then at some crazy moment all of a sudden you'd be back alive.

I read alot of comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Scavar View Post
            Think of it like comic books. Is it technically possible? Probably. Is really likely? Probably not.

Just a players opinion.
            ...So, how is it technically possible?
            Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Comment

Originally posted by Kangleton View Post
              ...So, how is it technically possible?
              Well if you have no Signus items, die out in the middle of nowhere and have pissed off all DM's so they wont raise you, then their is a good possibility you wont be comming back. Otherwise you should be fine.
              Active Characters:
              Tassafina Lightleaf - A little sneaky but not as sneaky as Ithil

Silivren Anar
              Merka Gillina

Hideing outs:
              Alyssa Swiftwing - Priestess of Yondalla
              Ravenne Naur'Loki - Roar!

Comment

Oh... I thought you could still respawn no matter what, and just take the experience hit, but a Signus item averted the penalty. I guess I misunderstood.

Wow, permadeath being possible... thats harsh.

Comment

Permadeath is still kinda confusing... Can you respawn without using a Sigma Stone? It seems wierd to be able to respawn with no penalty, but no other option outside of being ressurected/raised....

Comment

cant respawn without a stone.

Comment

use them wisely, as in DONT F*CKIN DIE! you get three to start, seriously, dont use them, ever, make that your goal on the server or something. That way you'll always have three so theres no worry of permadeath, right?

Comment

basicallly, below lev 9 you're invulnerble, and no-one risks anything past lev 15... so if you happened to be in between those when this came into effect, you're basically screwed

Not that I'm complaining, all my Alts are =< lev 7
                        Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Working...
                        X