Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update - Somemonth, Someday, SomeYear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rhifox View Post
    Has happened. I sold my soul for level 16 prior to the new max. Now that the max is 15 and I no longer have said level, I demand a refund.
    Refund? You got your level. Should have specified how long... god Devil contracts rock!

We usually refrain from giving whole levels, but it does happen, especially if RP is of epic proportions. Or sometimes when people have characters who never grind that are great RP'ers, I'll hand a level to them for trying an alternate approach.

Comment

Seems quite reasonable. I have a snowballs chance in hell for that, yay
      Names Taallic.

Only time can save the world now.
      Immortality is your last hope.
      For my existence to be true, Hell's Fire must burn hotter than Heaven's Cold Gates can stand.

Comment

Well then, sometimes you'll be able to seize an opportunity, like when Echelon bountied Kaldaris for 1000 exp on DM shout. (I was having a hard time controlling my character because I was laughing so hard)

Sigrun ran right across the crossroads to Kaldaris. *he whistles while sharpening his axes, then looks up to Kaldaris with a smile and winks*
        ~ Sigrun Hael - Ranger of the Viridale

~ Aoden Haven - Former Swordcaptain

Comment

Hello. Maybe not the best first posting, but I want to point out that it should not be level 15; either 14 or 16. Main reason is the balance between sorcerer and wizard. As most people will be stuck at level 15 for a long(er) time, wizards will get their level 8 spells pretty easy in comparison to sorcerer.

I play a multiclass wizard myself, so I doesnt really affect me. Sorcerers are already a good deal worse (enginewise), no need to make them even less attractive.
          "Computer games don't affect kids negatively; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc. 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Inconsiderable View Post
            Hello. Maybe not the best first posting, but I want to point out that it should not be level 15; either 14 or 16. Main reason is the balance between sorcerer and wizard. As most people will be stuck at level 15 for a long(er) time, wizards will get their level 8 spells pretty easy in comparison to sorcerer.

I play a multiclass wizard myself, so I doesnt really affect me. Sorcerers are already a good deal worse (enginewise), no need to make them even less attractive.
            Once someone gets to level 7 spells, they're still uber-powered in Sundren terms. I played the same wizard for 3 months and that's the most he ever got to (and was one of the more powerful characters on the server at the time), I'd say that was still a pretty nasty level of spellcasting power (certainly the highest I've ever had in a videogame since playing the original gold-box stuff back in the 80s )! A level 15 sorcerer will still be significantly more powerful than alot of other level 15 type things. I'm pretty sure most people who pick sorcerer do so as a style/character type choice anyways!

Oh yeah, and welcome to Sundren! Hope you have fun here
            I got one leg missin'
            How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
            Meet the Feebles

Comment

It should be 15 cuz that's what we made it

Anyway, gotta post a new news post on a discussion.

Comment

Level 8 spells are not particularly great, at least not in noticeable amounts. When I did have level 8 spells before the new max level, I generally filled them up with more level 7 spells instead of level 8 spells (Silenced Finger of Deaths, Extended Ethereal Jaunts, Extended Mordenkainen's Swords, etc).
                -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

Originally posted by Rhifox View Post
                  Level 8 spells are not particularly great, at least not in noticeable amounts. When I did have level 8 spells before the new max level, I generally filled them up with more level 7 spells instead of level 8 spells (Silenced Finger of Deaths, Extended Ethereal Jaunts, Extended Mordenkainen's Swords, etc).
                  Ya, level 7 spells are rockin'. I gotta say the level 8 spell list never looked too impressive (or so I keep telling myself).

But on topic; pretty much any level 15 character is going to be pretty rockin' in some way. Even if that is just ultra-sneakiness, being super persuasive, intimidating, or generally having nifty skills. Anyways, a character's raw power level (such as which spells they can cast)becomes largely irrelevant once they hit the level cap, as all your xp will be coming from rp. The trick, or so I would imagine, is to be good at RPing the sort of thing/person/whatever that your character has ended up becoming as a result of their progression in personality and class type powers in order to reach that point.
                  I got one leg missin'
                  How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                  Meet the Feebles

Comment

Working...
                  X