Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Dungeon Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerRPing - prepare for whining.

Comment

, RPing is easier XP, yeah. Killing monsters gets old in aw hile, but i'd atleast like to go through that dungeon once. Can't wait till quests.. Easy xp + Fun.

And damn, if its going to be hard for the 15's N 16's... "D, Make huge groups of ten like I did long time ago for Ogres.

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli View Post
        Sometime next year I should have a character capable of checking it out

Ha me too, wanna make a date for next summer to check this place out?

(not a 'date' date mind you, theres no need for flowers)
        Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

I haven't even seen everything there is to see now...I suppose I will by the time this is out*giggles*
          Names Taallic.

Only time can save the world now.
          Immortality is your last hope.
          For my existence to be true, Hell's Fire must burn hotter than Heaven's Cold Gates can stand.

Comment

This sounds like a good project I look forward, at some point, to venturing through it, I'm assuming that this isn't the multi-server application Atari is rigging togather. Is there any news on that? and if so will this be part of it?

Comment

As usual, well done and I look forward to the new challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by Mot Dab View Post
                This sounds like a good project I look forward, at some point, to venturing through it, I'm assuming that this isn't the multi-server application Atari is rigging togather. Is there any news on that? and if so will this be part of it?
                What are you talking about?

Comment

lol Alright well I was talking to one of the DMs on this server about a month ago when I joined and I was told that Atari was looking at allowing Servers to be linked togather creating a much bigger server(obvously). Reason for doing so was that NWN2 servers only allows for 2 GB of RAM which isn't a whole lot when the outdoor areas use 10-20 MB.... (also was told that Sundren server was using 1.2GB of RAM at the time) allowing multiple servers to be linked togather would expand beyong the 2 GB of RAM thus expanding the amount of explorable areas........
                  Simply what I was told... now Im asking to find out more about it... when it seems there isn't anymore to it lol sorry for the confusion

(new Information...)
                  Okay well after making myself look stupid I have used google to prove that I could not find anything on what I have just talked about... I guess I shouldn't believe everything I hear XD

Comment

It's a built in function of NWN1 servers that got bugged in NWN2. Obsidian is looking into it.

Right now Sundren gets to about 1.2 gigs of ram usage in heavy user scenarios, so we havn't capped yet. Once we get close to 2 gigs though, we'll need to have the linked servers, so we can run 2 at once, even if on the same box.

Comment

Sorted
                      "We are what we think.
                      All that we are arises with our thoughts.
                      With our thoughts, we make our world"

Comment

Originally posted by Rhifox View Post
                        Nah. Dungeon crawling is boring. RP exp is the way to go.

Three days ago I would have disagreed with you, Rhifox. But I actually got my first DM-awarded XP, and that was more satisfying to me than fighting monsters.
                        Trent Galley- Former member of Thayan cartel "Shadowmasters"
                        Justano Cain- Classic farmboy turned adventurer

Comment

Originally posted by Rhifox View Post
                          Nah. Dungeon crawling is boring. RP exp is the way to go.
                          Let me see.... Josephine frostwhisper with 18 days of online time *gets out his calculator*. That makes 77,760xp from the auto xp thingy!
                          I got one leg missin'
                          How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                          Meet the Feebles

Comment

Pure goodness =)

Comment

Remember the XP rewards from RPing doesn't function when you idle.
                              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5293
                                Sunder me? Sunder you!

Comment

Working...
                                X