Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roleplaying experience...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read the OP.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Groovy!
      Thain

Astin

Dergil

Comment

It was a joke, thought i'd mix up the opinions a little. Every post needs a naysayer. Good idea, truly.

Comment

When I logged in an PM'd GBX saying that I was back and 30 exp popped up I thought it was because he liked me = (
          ~Lyonette L'cyr (Rook)-- Deader than Malaclypse

~Megandlla Uyth 'Llar -- In a land Far Far away!

~Emilee Mistwalker -- A Female Sigrun? Pfft, far cooler--.... eh.... Hated!!

Comment

Haha. Well it is working now.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

What is the proper way to speak that will be identified as RP? Does it have to be with quotations (" "), or something else?

Comment

It really is a good idea, especially now that I know what it is.

Heh was confused when the server was restarted for it.
                Names Taallic.

Only time can save the world now.
                Immortality is your last hope.
                For my existence to be true, Hell's Fire must burn hotter than Heaven's Cold Gates can stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Leevoth View Post
                  What is the proper way to speak that will be identified as RP? Does it have to be with quotations (" "), or something else?
                  It differs by player. If you use " marks for dialog, then you typically don't do anything for action (and sometimes include a dialog tag)

If you use * marks for action, then you typically don't do anything for dialog.

I beileve the latter is more common.

OOC conversation, to the extent necessary, is generally set off by (( or // marks before and/or after the OOC text.

Comment

Very cool idea.
                    Nizzarr Blastkiln - Hat tipper extrodinaire!

Comment

I luvs it. Expect to see Sigrun talking to many random imaginary forest creatures during my daily Viridale Forest patrols
                      ~ Sigrun Hael - Ranger of the Viridale

~ Aoden Haven - Former Swordcaptain

Comment

Originally posted by Fajitaduke View Post
                        It differs by player. If you use " marks for dialog, then you typically don't do anything for action (and sometimes include a dialog tag)

If you use * marks for action, then you typically don't do anything for dialog.

I beileve the latter is more common.

OOC conversation, to the extent necessary, is generally set off by (( or // marks before and/or after the OOC text.
                        I think he means how will the system pick up that you are RPing, will using quotes be counted and such like.

Oh great idea btw, I might finally level!
                        Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkeh View Post
                          I think he means how will the system pick up that you are RPing, will using quotes be counted and such like.

Oh great idea btw, I might finally level!
                          Oh, right... *faceplant* I'm an idiot.

Comment

Hmm...
                            After all your points about auto-xp giving being a bad idea, you have this?
                            To be honest, this doesn't really affect me because I'm a hardcore grinder through and through, but...
                            I don't know, just doesn't seem right, people getting xp for roleplaying!
                            (I will let you decide whether I'm being sarcastic or not )
                            Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Originally posted by rustediron View Post
                              Hmm...
                              After all your points about auto-xp giving being a bad idea, you have this?
                              To be honest, this doesn't really affect me because I'm a hardcore grinder through and through, but...
                              I don't know, just doesn't seem right, people getting xp for roleplaying!
                              (I will let you decide whether I'm being sarcastic or not )
                              Don't let me decide, seriously don't let me decide. People tend to say I got an itchy ban finger.

(I'll let you decide if I'm being sarcastic when you can't get on sundren )

Comment

We're not going to give out the details of the system, suffice it to say, if you gain experience in combat, you won't be getting RP exp for awhile. And those not RP'ing won't either.

Comment

Working...
                                X