Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcomming Changes - Spells, Evil, and You

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You assume everyone will listen to what said person has to say, but that will not be the case everytime. To say something like "I know he is evil, i can feel his aura" is ridiculous and kinda OOC. First, There is no proof other than a spell (which is just bad RP). Second, if said PC was a respectable member of Society and lawful they wouldn't be so eager to Slander someone without real proof cause behavior like that makes that person look foolish both IC and OOC. Most Players here can spot foolish behavior and will simply choose to ignore the "fanatic with no proof" or "be cautious" depending on the maturity level of all the players involved, which seems to be fairly high amongst the community.

Also getting penalized first cause of ignorance is not a good way to start off with a new player and its not constructive. I think you feel that this is all canon to you because you one of the regulars on the server and clearly on the forum. The community has to be constructive in preventing these things not waiting for them to happen and doing nothing until it becomes a problem.

Comment

well, if a paladdin accused of somone being evil, yes, everyone would listen to the paladin, reespectable member or not. paladins are big, and people look up to them...

Comment

Why does everyone think a Paladin is Stupid and ignorant?? I dunno, so far every post about them seems to underestimate their intelligence or something? A lawful Paladin would absolutely NOT accuse anyone of anything without proof... Hence "LAWFUL GOOD". I think you know this Steak, yer just trying to argue for arguements sake.

Better yet, think of it as a Modern Day Lie detector Test the police and other law enforcement agencies use. They cannot use the results alone to utterly prosecute someone, but it does give the law enforcement agency suspicion which leads to an investigation and the appropriate protocols to obtain "EVIDENCE".

Comment

Proof that their evil is enough proof to acuse them of being evil, obviously. Detect evil finds out if they're evil. So why would a paladin not accuse them? And yay, your reputation is ruined because of that. Which is why some penalty should be neccessary so people are careful before they just go "Detect Evil!"

Comment

that doesn't make any sense at all proof that their evil because they are evil? Your gonna need a better arguement than that and if thats how you think a paladin is supposed to be played.... good luck.

No wonder everyone chastizes and hates on paladins here ... this is the exact attitude and play style that people rebel against. You just illustrated in your own words the stereotypical "fanatic zealot" that almost half the DM team is trying to correct.

Paladin Sir Goodly: "He's Evil, cause I know he's Evil!!" *towards a man buying clothing in a shop*
            LN Politician: "Are ye sure Sir Goodly?" "Do you have any proof of such?"
            Paladin Sir Goodly: "Proof, I feel it! that is all the proof I need!"
            LN Politician: *quirks an Eyebrow* "You...feel it?*in disbelief* "I see a man buying pantaloons with money from his own pocket and so far obeying the laws"
            Paladin Sir Goodly: eeeeEEVIL!!
            LN Politican: "ok...." *distances himself frem the paladin"

Comment

Obviously its not going to go like that. The paladin would say he detects evil from him, and most people listen to paladins. Every commoner thinks paladins are there to protect them, they're holy, and the such. Why would somone chose not to believe such a divine good being? They're not going to throw the person in jail, but obviously the person would be watched carefully..

Comment

Paladin Sir Goodly: "He's Evil, cause I know he's Evil!!" *towards a man buying clothing in a shop*
                LN Politician: "Are ye sure Sir Goodly?" "Do you have any proof of such?"
                Paladin Sir Goodly: "Proof, I feel it! that is all the proof I need!"
                LN Politician: *quirks an Eyebrow* "You...feel it?*in disbelief* "I see a man buying pantaloons with money from his own pocket and so far obeying the laws"
                Paladin Sir Goodly: eeeeEEVIL!!
                LN Politican: "ok...." *distances himself frem the paladin"
                Yeeaaahhh... Paladins are pure defenders of all that is good and just, not only are you overdoing the whole idea of a paladin being good to a point where it seems as though you're calling them stupid, but a paladin is a defender of law as well as good, and thus, said politician would still have tonnes of reason to watch said evil person, as undeadsteak put...
                Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Closing this thread as this topic has more or less changed to Detect Alignment debate.

If you wish to continue discussion on this subject, please do in this renamed thread, here:

http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4578
                  The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                  X