Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Notes - Nov. 13th, 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not getting the mirakus post error now, Just moving awfully slow.
    River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

archive is broken locking at the extraction 5.56mb
      Ghal Narish, Battle-Mage
      Faucon De'Ombre
      , Triadic Knight

Ulriel Gabrieth, Devout of Lathander
      Noril De'nor, Archer ...
      Liem Ashcroft, Miner, Smith, and Weaponsmaster

Comment

Okay, boys and girls. We have a temporary fix in place.

Click me.

We're going to use dropbox to host hotfixes when we're having issues with the NWN updater. The information is:

email: lotus@sundren.org
        password: sundren

Download the file in the provided link. Open up My Documents --> Neverwinter Nights 2 --> Modules --> Sundren. FIND and DELETE the file {06} mirakus_post.trx (and {06} mirakus_post.trx.lzma, if it's there). Drop this new file into that folder. Your Sundren update will now complete.

This dropbox is not for your use, so don't post stuff to it. Or else.

Comment

Worked like a charm. Thank you!
          River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

Comment

Thank you for the file link!

And thank you staff for the Skullcleaver Bunker changes!

Comment

Originally posted by sonuvalich View Post
              Munchkiny question: if we humans choose a +2 stat boost to Int, will we get retroactive skillpoints?
              I also have this question!

Awesome work, Sundren Staff. Thank you.

Comment

Just a heads-up: the server is treating the new subraces as invalid modifications and booting/eating the characters, so any attempt to make a new PC with these subraces will fail. We'll get it fixed asap.

Comment

The new Argyle area is very nice! I was pleasantly surprised that it doesn't have any spawns, not sure if that is the intent or if it is just unfinished. Anyway, nice to have another uninhabited area to carry out secret meetings/ambushes/battles etc

I don't know if it's just me but the area in Mirakus post where the Exigo merchants are is non-traversable. I downloaded the Mirakus file via Lotus's dropbox link.

Wow, and those race changes are great! I'm not sure how my character is going to get fixed since they got a +2 Int boost but no extra skill points. Will talk to a DM about it ingame I guess.
                  UTC+8
                  Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                  Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

You'll receive the skill points the next time you level up.

Comment

To qoute from Calvin and Hobbes:
                      This is so exciting I have to go to the bathroom!
                      Going on what Thaelis said, We get the ability change to the specific ability changed? I can't really use +2 int as an elven ranger that much, but I can't get a +1 bonus to my dexterity instead? I know it's cheesy, but these things do make a difference when you assign and plan abilities at character creation.
                      My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                      Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Originally posted by thaelis View Post
                        The new Argyle area is very nice! I was pleasantly surprised that it doesn't have any spawns, not sure if that is the intent or if it is just unfinished. Anyway, nice to have another uninhabited area to carry out secret meetings/ambushes/battles etc
                        *Proceeds to have fun in her new scheming point.*
                        Characters:

Elizabeth Brooks
                        Human Cleric of Tyr, Initiate of the Just
                        Vivian Shadechild
                        Wanderer of Innocence and Hugs

Useful Information for Casters:
                        Sundren Spell Costs | Custom Sundren Spells

Comment

The int and skill bonus thing is just a case of speaking to a DM.

The non human skill bonuses are racial and not interchangeable unless stated in the op, only humans get the ability to assign their +2 as they wish.
                          It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                          Sydney Smith.

Comment

A quick log in determined that my +2 int had happened automatically - which is pretty nice! I had imagined that all present characters would need to bug a dm, nice one!

And the shrine to Sehanine moonbow is in! Huzzah! Now I'm only waiting for Rangers to get access to her as a deity, so I can pray at the site too!

The non human skill bonuses are racial and not interchangeable unless stated in the op
                            these things do make a difference when you assign and plan abilities at character creation.
                            So I'm stuck with way too many skill points and intelligence, when I could have had 12 charisma instead of 10 fx? or 19 dexterity instead of 18 presently? That does put a damper on my enthusiasm.
                            My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                            Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Originally posted by Farmboy2003 View Post
                              To qoute from Calvin and Hobbes: Going on what Thaelis said, We get the ability change to the specific ability changed? I can't really use +2 int as an elven ranger that much, but I can't get a +1 bonus to my dexterity instead? I know it's cheesy, but these things do make a difference when you assign and plan abilities at character creation.
                              Check the Wiki mate, the races have all been Pathfinderized. Both Gold elves and Moon Elves can be decent wizards now as they both get the +2 Int (thank the Seldarine). Humans are the only race which can choose their +2 ability boost. In exchange, non-humans have any choice of favoured class, same as Humans.

What you might find weird is that Gold elves have +2 Int/Wis -2 Con instead of their usual +2 Dex/Int -2 Con in Pathfinder. I think a better approach might have been to scrap their keen senses (+2 Spot/Listen/Search) and give them a +2 bonus to Spellcraft/Concentration/Know:Arcana instead.
                              UTC+8
                              Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                              Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Half elves are also able to assign their +2 wherever they wish. Which is nice.
                                River Swift

Comment

Working...
                                X