Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Notes - March 21st, 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're going to find a lot of bards and EK's and arcane archers that would disagree vehemently with you. Just because a feat isn't meant for pure casters, doesn't mean it's a waste of a feat.

Comment

Originally posted by Poltergeist View Post
      You're going to find a lot of bards and EK's and arcane archers that would disagree vehemently with you. Just because a feat isn't meant for pure casters, doesn't mean it's a waste of a feat.
      I am looking at it from a casters perspective, having 2 attacks that rarely hit isnt that good, however +5 damage when you have 4-5 attacks is 20-25 damage, which is pretty decent for a free move. Perhaps i should have said it is a waste for myself, being a pure caster.

Tas Krita- Thayan
      Ashen - MoMF

Comment

Originally posted by KingArthur View Post
        I am looking at it from a casters perspective, having 2 attacks that rarely hit isnt that good, however +5 damage when you have 4-5 attacks is 20-25 damage, which is pretty decent for a free move. Perhaps i should have said it is a waste for myself, being a pure caster.
        Yeah, any feat that lets you squeeze out some extra damage is worth it, even if its every 10th round. Especially if you're a Dex-based EK, this feat would almost be a must-have.
        UTC+8
        Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
        Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Is Dark Strike supposed to add Divine or Magical damage. I haven't gotten the feat yet, but I've heard it is giving magical from another player.

Comment

It would be nice if it were divine, or negative. But damage bonuses vs alignment or race are always magical. That wasn't the case in NWN1, but Obsidian.

Comment

The description says vs all foes?

Comment

I've made a 3rd level bard that use arcane strike. It's a nice instant feat, but you have to remember to re-target foes.

It seems to me though, that the Attack bonus doesn't work. My bard gets a +1 magical damage, but no bonus to attack. But I'm not sure due as to how inspire courage works here. Inspire courage are meant to supply bludgeoning damage, but nwn2 faultily makes it magical damage, but has this been fixed on sundren? If not, then arcane strike does NOT stack with inspire courage....
                My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Arcane Strike does not give an attack bonus, just magical damage. It is stacking correctly.

Comment

Farm - note that the description doesn't match the feat right now. There is a bit in there about attack and damage bonus, as well as it being 9 seconds. Both are false, and I think it will be replaced on next update if I saw correctly.
                    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
                    -Bill Maher

Comment

You're right both of you. You know, sometimes you just need to write things down to get a better understanding of them. Sorry to bother you.
                      My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                      Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

An update that came after this one disabled Aura of Justice. I suspect it disabled other class changes as well.
                        Originally posted by Cornuto
                        Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

On the plus side, new dwarf PC's are now 200% beardier than previous dwarf PC's.

Comment

Originally posted by Poltergeist View Post
                            On the plus side, new dwarf PC's are now 200% beardier than previous dwarf PC's.
                            *blinks and tries to make a new PC*

Oh yeah, and this is true LITERALLY. They've put in the extra beards!

By Moradin's Hammer, why wasn't this in the Patch Notes?

New Dwarven PC's, GO!

Comment

Probably to avoid a Skyrim joke.
                              But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
                              - Nessa

Comment

Why do you insist on encouraging the dwarves?!?!?!
                                "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
                                -Bill Maher

Comment

Working...
                                X