Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portal Pass/Identification Papers: Overview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguethree View Post
    To access the city as a full citizen, you must have both Citizen Identification papers and a Citizen Portal Pass.
    NEW Citizen Identification papers and Citizen Portal Pass.
    Cheers,
    Dave
    ================
    Tery Mard

Comment

Originally posted by caterpillar View Post
      Originally posted by ManUtd4Ever View Post
      Simply walk into 7th Legion HQ at the Gate. On your left standing next to the small podium stand is Aenator Kuan. Once you begin speaking with him he will say it will take two weeks to process your papers. Select the dialog choice (paraphrasing) that is crazy... You will have the option of executing a bribe, etc. of 10 gp to get your refugee's status. Once you get to the Portal, speak to the Yellow Texted Toon on your right and she will allow you to pass.
      Yep, as I wrote .. this works for the refuge papers, but not for the papers with citizenship.
      It's possible to sneak in once per day by posing as a refugee. The dialog makes it clear that you're entering as a refugee. This is not a bug.

I have added in another way for people with merchant and citizenship papers to enter the city. It will be in the next update.

Comment

Originally posted by Poltergeist View Post
        I have added in another way for people with merchant and citizenship papers to enter the city. It will be in the next update.
        Does this mean with papers that existed before today? If not, I suggest that people who went through the process of getting papers, doing everything asked of them, some more than once, be grandfathered with new free papers.

If this is not to be the case, then I suggest the question of balance between fairness and playability and the paranoia aspect needs to be revisited.
        Cheers,
        Dave
        ================
        Tery Mard

Comment

Does this mean with papers that existed before today? If not, I suggest that people who went through the process of getting papers, doing everything asked of them, some more than once, be grandfathered with new free papers.
          This is what we've been doing. Send a tell to Dain Tornbrook, Emiliana Blackwell, or a DM in game. I've already helped a bunch of people with this.
          Originally posted by Cornuto
          Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Dain still has to give Adeodatus his free pass btw. We'll sort it IG.
            Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
            "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Yes, of course we'll swap out people's old papers with new ones.
              Originally posted by Saulus
              Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Fritz View Post

If this is not to be the case, then I suggest the question of balance between fairness and playability and the paranoia aspect needs to be revisited.
                I'm sorry if this wasn't clear, but yes. Everyone with an old pass/paper can get new ones for free.

The bugs with the old system were due to the way that the items were created behind the scenes, which necessitated these new items with an entirely different underlying mechanic.

It looks the same from the player side, but scripting wise it's totally different.

Seek out a DM ingame, or anyone with a Legion or Issuing Pass, and they can get you sorted.

Comment

I get it ... so I need a citizenship papers and pass ... again I feel the frustration. No NPC mentions how to obtain the pass ... okay. I paid for the citizenship papers and can't enter the city I paid taxes for ... great! In the name of paranoia ... but heya! I am here to help some merchant to bring some crates in ... and enter the city without the pass. I am not the brightest I know, but this I realy don't get. In my little brain, this lacks logic and where is the strict security suddenly gone? Because ... whoever pays for the citizenship or claims being one and is not notoriously know banite, will obtain it. Nobody gives her pass? Bribe them for refuge papers ... free access up there granted. Refugeees are OK, citizens ... nooo ... get your pass. Pick up a crate and help some guy to bring it up ... again ... totally okay you can go up he vouched for you.

Please create some poster in the game to explain all of this for the PC's and NPC's and how to get all the need papers. Or make NPC who will answer curious PC like me about it. I was in the game today for 3 hours and all the new ... two ... guys who logged in asked me through tell, how to enter the city. They were confused as I am. I read the wiki, I read the beggining of this topic, but still can't get it.
                  Kili - mercenary of the Blackwood Company
                  Sile - impoverished free merchant, looking for her own happiness
                  Lindi - wandering bard and actress

Comment

Originally posted by Poltergeist View Post
                    I'm sorry if this wasn't clear, but yes. Everyone with an old pass/paper can get new ones for free.
                    Thanks, Poltergeist and r3. No it wasn't clear. All that was ever said was that new papers were needed. I'm not the only one who didn't understand, either. I know of one person who bought passes twice and now thought they needed to buy another set.
                    Cheers,
                    Dave
                    ================
                    Tery Mard

Comment

I second caterpillars motion to have an explaining npc ig to help.further understanding. Even tough my english is rather good the explanation above is hard to understand if english is not your first language. As a social educator I also have to point out the greater understanding gathered from knowledge aquired in a narrative pretext ie in game
                      My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                      Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Concerns heard, the staff is talking over how to simply the entire system and make it much more intuitive.

Stay tuned.
                        Originally posted by Saulus
                        Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

We've heard everyone's suggestions and the system will be changed at the next update. My initial post has been updated to reflect the changes that will be made.

The short of it is that all citizens now have free access to the city. Noncitizens do not. Refugees may enter once per day.

As an aside, documents made since the first post will still be valid. Old, old documents will still require replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by roguethree View Post
                            This is what we've been doing. Send a tell to Dain Tornbrook, Emiliana Blackwell, or a DM in game. I've already helped a bunch of people with this.
                            I am at work-related training this week & do not have a laptop with me. Please spam Dain with requests until I get home Friday night

Comment

Changes are now live. Please test them when you can and provide feedback.

Comment

Working...
                              X