Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Notes - January 24, 2011

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never had to drink 5 moderate cure potions and 3 cure serious wound potions just to make it to the world transition exit in a three person group to die. Yes I was using a cold iron weapon, had two mages buffing, and dealing 20-60 damage a spell. Am I just THAT lucky?

Comment

It got a huge buff. My level 19 paladin with a +4, cold iron, +4d6 versus evil/undead sword and 46 ac has trouble with him now.
      "Was I your knight in shining armor? The apple of your eye? Or just a step, another step to climb?"

Comment

Originally posted by Swipht View Post
        I've never had to drink 5 moderate cure potions and 3 cure serious wound potions just to make it to the world transition exit in a three person group to die. Yes I was using a cold iron weapon, had two mages buffing, and dealing 20-60 damage a spell. Am I just THAT lucky?

Damn. You're lucky.
        "Sir, we're surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction."

Comment

He's now the gateway to the upcoming epic level content. The lesson here is: if I can't beat up the doorman, should I really be f'ing around here?

Its not like he spawns randomly while you're picking flowers. You have to kill three minibosses and actively seek him out. If he's too strong, don't try to fight him.
          Originally posted by Saulus
          Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Catastrophe View Post
            I witnessed a group of two just today run Argyle and do fine. The only one that got a boost was the Emissary of Orcus.
            Originally posted by GodBeastX
            Area/Creature Changes
            - Argyle Keep Wizard tower has been remapped and a group of wizards added to the tower, "The Astral Reach".
            - New event to allow players to enter the abyss added to Wizard Tower roof.
            - Emissary of Orcus recieved a buff, more changes coming soon.
            - Temple of Kelemvor removed from Sestra, replaced with a Graveyard and Mausoleum, interior coming soon.
            - Optimized some placeables in Sestra, more to come in the future.
            Originally posted by DM Cornuto View Post
            He's now the gateway to the upcoming epic level content. The lesson here is: if I can't beat up the doorman, should I really be f'ing around here?

Its not like he spawns randomly while you're picking flowers. You have to kill three minibosses and actively seek him out. If he's too strong, don't try to fight him.
            Hey thanks for sharing and denying. . . Like I'm the idiot that's trying to fight him at lvl 5. . . If a lvl 19 with +4 equipment can barely do it what do you expect a lvl 15 who's struggling with equipment and isn't a power build to do? Where does it say warning only lvl 19 +4 gear should attempt? Where does the word epic appear? This server's messed up. . . Have fun, I'm out.

Comment

Hey thanks for sharing and denying. . . Like I'm the idiot that's trying to fight him at lvl 5. . . If a lvl 19 with +4 equipment can barely do it what do you expect a lvl 15 who's struggling with equipment and isn't a power build to do? This server's messed up. . . Have fun, I'm out.
              Sorry we can't live up to your expectations... fuckin' christ.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Where does the word epic appear?
                ...?

There was a giant thread about it: http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16228

Originally posted by GodBeastX
                We put in our first epic area (but the area is bugged and needs some work of course), but we're looking at inventing an epic progression system for people level 20+ where they can gain HIGH RISK experience. The idea is, you risk your life in epic confrontations to progress beyond level 20 instead of the current method of progression past level 20.

The Rewards for these confrontations will be extraordinary, such as epic items, and of course experience. But your character may end it's career or seriously hamper it's career.

What I want to know is people's opinions of how they'd like a system like this to function. If you could, say, get +5 items and go beyond level 20 and such from risking yourself to either a permadeath or something very close, would this be worth it?

This is a discussion on the matter. We have other epic locations planned, and I wanted some feedback on how players felt about it.
                Nothing in the area changed except for the final boss, and the boss now drops a quest item that lets you access the Abyss. Like I said he's basically the doorway to the Epic Level content on the server so he's meant to challenge people pushing the boundaries of level 20. You can kill everything in the area the same as you could before with the exception of the final boss. If he's too difficult, don't attack him...
                Originally posted by Saulus
                Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Where does it say that the emissary is the doorway to epic level content and should only be attempted by epic level characters? Show me that quote I want to see it, or is that in yet another thread? The fact that it's two different threads shows your lack insight to how people are going to put two and two together.

Comment

Argyle keep. . . The demon after the three mausoleums. Used to be able to run that with two people, now not even with three. Monsters are buffed, and magic items are nerfed means the only thing that works in sundren are power builds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tissue
                    Originally posted by ThePaganKing
                    So, the roguethree bootlickers strike again.

Comment

Our usernames are entirely too similar.

Swipht IS NOT Sypthe.

Just making sure. Someone mistook me for you already.
                      Johanna Patson:"Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare."
                      (Original quote by Dale Carnegie)
                      Krystl - Undefeatable

Ranahlee: Perpetually Perplexed.

Sylvain Enoic: Young paladin of Tyr.
                      ---------
                      Stalking on the mountains, clutching a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Sypthe! And they give a vengeful bellow:"I'm going to hump you so thoroughly, you will drink poison and piss honey!"

Comment

Pretendy.

Fun.

Time.

Games.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen View Post
                          Pretendy.

Fun.

Time.

Games.
                          I really really wish I could agree with you Kaizen. . . I do. Where's the fun in getting your ass handed to you all day? I understand a challenge don't get me wrong. Banging your head on a brick wall isn't fun.

Comment

Ok bye.
                            Originally posted by Satoshi
                            Boobs > You. Cornuto: 0 Cat: 1
                            Originally posted by Cornuto
                            Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Originally posted by swipht View Post
                              i really really wish i could agree with you kaizen. . . I do. Where's the fun in getting your ass handed to you all day? I understand a challenge don't get me wrong. Banging your head on a brick wall isn't fun.

Pretendy. Fun. Time. Games.

Comment

Ok, time to quit poking at things methinks. Thread closed.
                                Originally posted by Satoshi
                                Boobs > You. Cornuto: 0 Cat: 1
                                Originally posted by Cornuto
                                Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Working...
                                X