Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Changes - March 20, 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RynebowBright View Post
    I suppose so, but I still think people get their panties way too bunched up about loot. If you are having fun, who cares? If you are not, then play with someone else. It's just like when we were little and in the sandbox... Don't play with the people that throw sand, and just cry a bit when your friend throws sand at you until he says sorry.
    Ryne is new. She doesn't realize some people can't even afford the healing they use to get through dungeons

Comment

too big of a deal being madea bout loot here, but really, i like the "gold on kill" thing, only because it makes it so I doint have to run to all the enemies searchuing through their pockets in hoipes that the other people in the area havent gotten to them first.

Combat looting is very OOC, there is no wayt NOT to notice the barbarian putting his axe down and carefully searching the bandit for any valuables he may or may not have. Having to compete for loot takes the fun out of everything, though I disagree that loot is out of character. It should be dealt with and divided in character. A public message would be alright, such as "Halfling is looting bandit archer" or in the case of valuable items "Halfling has looted a *vague item description here*"

Clearly grabbing a magical greatsword is not going to go unnoticed, though, there are skills to do this. People who decide to steal loot should suffer in character consequence's for their actions, such as being labelled as a thief, unreliable and so on. Someone who stops fighting to search for valuables in combat is not to be trusted, not necessarily acting out of character.
      Faerayorn Zargoth II - Nobleman, wizard and swordsman

Deth'amaendul Amastacia - Halberd weilding sun elven, sun elf hating warrior.

Comment

I just had a thought now...
        The system gives gold when you kill something, if I got it right. Like, just when you kill and for whom did the killing. What will happen to people who play more "support team" characters, who don't fly into the fray to hack at stuff because they would be killed? :/

Comment

I've seen this method used before, from what I understand, it hits the party with gold.

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
            Ryne is new. She doesn't realize some people can't even afford the healing they use to get through dungeons
            Yes, Ryne is new. But she does have a bit of experience with NW2 in general. She just looks at things a bit differntly.

Ok, enough third person. It hurts my head. Anyway, I'm odd cause I don't get all worked up about loot. The way I see it, if you need that much magical healing to go through an area, either it is too far above your level or you don't have a big enough party. And yes, I know I am very odd in my casual views about loot and things. I'm very ood in a lot of ways, though, so I'm rather used to it.

Like I said, if you want to play with someone that will let you take just about all the loot, look me up in game. I currently play Sidda Tyr-something (horrible at names, even my own PCs), Veria Alowyn and Merigold...
            From humble beginnings to tales of great
            It is yours to discover, your blood written fate...

Comment

I really like this, actually. There are a myriad of character concepts whose way of getting money is not or should not be snagging loot from dead bandits. These characters really should have income from steady employment, or a per-head bounty, or something like that.

Now, a little bit easier to RP that out. ^_^ May have to poke back into one or two of my abandoned ideas.
              Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
              Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

I like the idea if it splits the gold amongst party members. I am curious to see how this will deal with items though.

Does this mean no gold will drop at all from kills now?

The messaging idea about looting bodies is fine with me. It is a shame it has to come to this, as it does remove some interesting RP possibilities for rogues who can pocket small items and such, and evil characters teaming with a good aligned party, but I understand that it is the greater good at issue here.

As usual, it's the fact that OOC feelings get bent by the bad acts of a few. This is the reason why I don't PP, why I don't engage in PvP (as much as I can avoid it within character) and why I try not to care much about loot. Those things are the main causes of OOC conflicts between players that I have seen too much of and want to avoid.

ANyway, nice to see tweaks and stuff to promptly address issues as they come up. You folks really deserve credit for working hard to make this a solid place to play. I feel lucky to have found it.
                sigpic
                How to Save $$ at Christmas

Fingal Haller - dwarven scout, locksmith and mercenary
                Reuel - Human (absent-minded) Wizard
                Rudash - Orc-blooded lad with a chip on his shoulder

Comment

I hate to say it, but WOW's method of dealing with loot and parties and stuff is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Arienna View Post
                    I hate to say it, but WOW's method of dealing with loot and parties and stuff is good.
                    *PDF slaps Arienna with a players handbook for mentionning WoW*

Comment

Hrmmm....
                      Gold thing is interesting...
                      Rest Fixed? I didn't know it was broken, but okay...
                      Kill range increased, 'kay...
                      Cleanup script, cool...
                      ...Rock?...
                      Character(s)
                      >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
                      ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

Originally posted by Arienna View Post

Acutally, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Abyss View Post
                          Hrmmm....
                          Gold thing is interesting...
                          Rest Fixed? I didn't know it was broken, but okay...
                          Kill range increased, 'kay...
                          Cleanup script, cool...
                          ...Rock?...
                          I think he is reffering to the rock which was located in Aquor. I walked by the rock, clicked it and nothing happened. Always wondered why there was a useless rock there.
                          Garok Merain

Comment

Yeah always wondered about that rock... I started bashing it once too so it would reveal the meaning of life to me >_>
                            Retired.

Comment

*Knows all about the rock and the secrets it holds*

Comment

Originally posted by grumblecake View Post
                                *Knows all about the rock and the secrets it holds*
                                I want to see a bluff check for that one.....
                                Thom Grinwell: A man lost in the world and inside his own mind.
                                ------------------------------------------------
                                Avatar is a pretty good indication of what Thom looks like on a bad day.

Comment

Working...
                                X