Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Changes - March 20, 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Changes - March 20, 2007

* After speaking with the DM team, kills now give gold on death. Higher level enemies give more coins. Coins are regulated by your experience modifier as well. 100% gives full amount of coins, etc.

* Rest is fixed

* Range for kills upped from 25 yards to 40 yards. Hopefully this will help people who like long distance killing.

* Cleanup script will fire but skip loot bags, I need to find the tag of the lootbags and item type to clean them up. So tomarrow night probably. However, we have trash barrels all over the world. Pick up your garbage.

* The mysterious rock has been hidden If you know the rock I'm talking about then hit me up if you don't find it.

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
    *After speaking with the DM team, kills now give gold on death. Higher level enemies give more coins. Coins are regulated by your experience modifier as well. 100% gives full amount of coins, etc.

Terrific. Now gold grinding has forced the DM's hand. Again, it's a shame this was needed. There is no reason why the gold drops should have any relationship to the mystical curve. On the plus side, more people to RP with. I'll see you all in game <3.
    Perigo Teal, Rogue Assassin.
    Genji, The happy go lucky Gnome.
    Giladel of the house of Ravencrest.

IT GOES 40 MINUTES, but not seconds. Draw off by the pillar of fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Tratz View Post
      Terrific. Now gold grinding has forced the DM's hand. Again, it's a shame this was needed. There is no reason why the gold drops should have any relationship to the mystical curve. On the plus side, more people to RP with. I'll see you all in game <3.
      Actually, in theory, people should wind up with more coins after this change than before. It's more Ninjas have forced our hands in this case. I have played on alot of servers, and I have no idea why Sundren is the only one people can't agree to a method of loot distribution that works

Also, I didn't want people grinding out their XP then sitting and grinding coins after.

Comment

It was the aspect of grinding gold that I was sorry for =D! And yes, down with Ninja looting. I didn't really think of it from that perspective, but now that you mention it, I can't count how many times someone has walked by and picked up my loot after a fight has pulled my party and I away from the spot we started fighting in. This is irritating as all heck. I've always taken a deep breath and let it go. However, as usual, the DM community wins again. Thanks for the additional imput, it put my mind at ease.
        Perigo Teal, Rogue Assassin.
        Genji, The happy go lucky Gnome.
        Giladel of the house of Ravencrest.

IT GOES 40 MINUTES, but not seconds. Draw off by the pillar of fail!

Comment

People can still ninja items though, sounds like.
          PC - Corwin Eska'las (Sun Elf pursuing the dream of becoming a Bladesinger)

Alt PC - Brevin Smoothands (meticulously groomed half orc bard swashbuckler... sort of... sings great, less fighting)

Comment

We'll be fixing that too I'm sure, some sort of message system for loot when people pick items up. Transmittable to the entire party.
            "Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man."
            - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I really hadn't realized this was still a problem; I'm guessing it happens with new players/lower lvl PCs in Sharahan Hills...
              PC - Corwin Eska'las (Sun Elf pursuing the dream of becoming a Bladesinger)

Alt PC - Brevin Smoothands (meticulously groomed half orc bard swashbuckler... sort of... sings great, less fighting)

Comment

You'll have to make it open to everyone Because, what if the ninja looter isn't in the party? I've played on a NWN server that did just that, when you picked an item it would send a green-texted message to everyone near about it.

Comment

That's sad if we really need to babysit players like that.

I guess all the loot-mongers can come play with me. I don't really care what my PCs get for loot as long as I have enough to get by. I may ask about something if I am looking for an item in particular or an upgrade, but other then that.. *shrugs* There seems to be more then enough loot on the server for everyone to get a bit without having to script the server to tattle on each other.
                  From humble beginnings to tales of great
                  It is yours to discover, your blood written fate...

Comment

??

Does that mean that there are no more weapons or healing kits, etc. in the drops, or does this mean that they can still appear, but there will always be gold?

Pycroft Aura
                    Ewan Rice

Comment

We'll see about the public message radii.

The problem is-- It's not even the problem players at times. It can be the good players who feel particularly greedy one day and don't tell their party about that enchanted greatsword he or she just picked up.
                      "Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man."
                      - Bertrand Russell

Comment

But how in the world can your RP that? I can understand getting the anouncement and saying your PC saw the other PC pick up something big if you are near them. But what about small items? Or if you are not close enough to see the PC doing the looting?

I think the loot anouncement thing invites a lot of metagaming and I would be a bit sad to see it here. That's just mho, though. Players figure out quickly enough who it's not fun to play with because they do that sort of thing. And if it is just a good player feeling greedy one day, well...I'm not going to hold it against them if it is a rare thing and fits thier PC's nature. I would feel icky doing it myself, but if they are cool with it I'm not going to freak out on them for it. It's just a game, I'd rather have great RP then worry about how much stuff my PC gets.

Comment

That's easy to explain, Ryne

Clicker

"Treasure is an OOC part of a PW server. The items given are only there to help players progress and may not be a truely realistic acquisition at all times. As such, acquiring of these items must follow rules that are ordained OOC. All players who participate in a run of a dungeon are entitled to an equal reward from the items dropped by creatures killed or chests opened. Period. We hope players can settle disputes peacefully. If multiple people want the same treasure, try rolling dice over it, or finding a cooperative way to distribute. If you wind up selling an item, divide coins equally."

Loot is not supposed to be IC

Comment

I suppose so, but I still think people get their panties way too bunched up about loot. If you are having fun, who cares? If you are not, then play with someone else. It's just like when we were little and in the sandbox... Don't play with the people that throw sand, and just cry a bit when your friend throws sand at you until he says sorry.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I agree with ya that it should be the best. But I think if this kind of harsh measure is being taken, people have had bad problems with someone sneaking around and just taking their hard-earned loot or rushing to take good loot and then logging off to don't deal with it :/ Sad, but it can happen... even good players can do it sometimes, like Kal mentioned. It takes just a single idiot to ruin the fun of a bunch of people, and sometimes it's an uninvited idiot too

Comment

Working...
                              X