Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cause = Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had alot of gems,i was holding them for three characters in fact.
    "Feel the fervor growing,but the hate is stronger.My heart was whole with you,but the pain was mine."

Comment

Darcane... that sucks man. If that was the case, I guess it was one good thief which makes the stolen items IG valid. But it still sucks. But if it helps you feel any better, I just lost an adamantine acid scimitar when my inventory was full and I dropped it without knowing when I unequipped it. I lost other things too that was my favorite. :P
      characters:
      Jos'iah Ithildurin - Semper, a guardian of Haldemar. "One should always be faithful"
      Elijah - Warrior Mage and Legionairre of Sundren. "My axe and my magic will cleave you!"
      Duskthorne - Bounty Hunter. "Every land needs a masked man to do the dirty work for them" (personal heroes: The Knight of the Flying Rodent and The Monk of the Arachnid Order)

Comment

I don't think anyone quite understands why this is happening.
        First off, the gems/crafting metals were not Dar'Kana's because he would have bought all his gems back as well when he bought the mithral from the store.

Yes, I know who the player's that bought up all the gems/metals in the store are.

Crafting and Gem drops have been lowered server wide. I'm not punishing the server, I'm correcting an imbalance.

When there is too much money in the economy, the government quits printing money until it can dispose of enough (or at least they used to until the last 20 years).

There is a single player, and I know who it is, that now holds more gems then you can imagine. As long as that player holds those gems, the economy is tilted. Eventually, when the player runs out of all the gems, then maybe we'll think about restoring the drop rates.

Sundren is listed as a LOW magic world for a reason. We're going to keep it that way. Right now, with all the crafting gems in circulation from this, I would call us a medium to high magic world.

If someone showed up and hacked in a billion gold and handed it out to people, you can be sure that the price of items server wide would increase to match it.

I know a lot of you are going to be upset over this, and thats fine, but I'll be frank with you. If I don't do this, I guarantee you a item and gold wipe minimum, if not a vault wipe.

Either I correct this this way or I let Saulus correct it another way.

Comment

*shudders at any thought of any kind of server wipe*

Man, who has these gems? And how'd s/he get it?

*begins to stalk the enchanters that make money off of this stuff*
          characters:
          Jos'iah Ithildurin - Semper, a guardian of Haldemar. "One should always be faithful"
          Elijah - Warrior Mage and Legionairre of Sundren. "My axe and my magic will cleave you!"
          Duskthorne - Bounty Hunter. "Every land needs a masked man to do the dirty work for them" (personal heroes: The Knight of the Flying Rodent and The Monk of the Arachnid Order)

Comment

Well, I'm just hoping whoever's got the gems is honorable enough to cough them up or toss them in the trash, so things can get back to normal. I don't care so much, because I don't do much crafting, but I know a lot of people that do. So, ball's in their court. We'll see how things go down.
            Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
            "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
            UTC -4

Comment

One thing I do not follow: If the gems were by hacking/accident flooded to the server, they shouldn't be there right?

So my question is: Why should the person who happened to be quick enough to snatch them all to now keep them and now punish everyone else?
              Why not instead take the fairest action: remove the gems from the person, return his gold and let things run normal?

This is very unfair for a large group of people and quite frankly it's extremely discouraging for me to anymore play my low level PC because I am not getting any gems when there's one gem sultan out there who wrongfully received a massive hoard to now control them fully.

Don't let players control big decisions that affect whole community, it will not end up well.

Cer'wyïl Durothil - Mix-breed noble elf
              Tredonael - The shapeshifter
              Glagnur Frostfury - The arctic dwarf barbarian
              Calewyn Gil'Fang - Wood elven archer
              Jaegor Ursablad - The wychlaran knight from Rashemen

Comment

It's ok, Bane has a way of figuring these things out.

Did I say Bane?

I meant Sean....
                Yup, I put a signature in..

Comment

Originally posted by MithrilBlade View Post
                  One thing I do not follow: If the gems were by hacking/accident flooded to the server, they shouldn't be there right?

So my question is: Why should the person who happened to be quick enough to snatch them all to now keep them and now punish everyone else?
                  Why not instead take the fairest action: remove the gems from the person, return his gold and let things run normal?

This is very unfair for a large group of people and quite frankly it's extremely discouraging for me to anymore play my low level PC because I am not getting any gems when there's one gem sultan out there who wrongfully received a massive hoard to now control them fully.

Don't let players control big decisions that affect whole community, it will not end up well.
                  The only way I can guarantee I get every gem and material that went out, and is spreading rapidly thruout the ranks, is a vault wipe. If you don't want that, sit back and relax.

It's my decision. You want to blame someone, come after me.

Comment

Damn,this is really bogus!! At least you know who has them.So when they are finally dwindling away , you will know.
                    "Feel the fervor growing,but the hate is stronger.My heart was whole with you,but the pain was mine."

Comment

Why not have the shop keep drunkingly blabbing in an Inn on how this rich individual bought up all his gems...and now word spreads through the underworld..

Just a suggestion.
                      Rellik Nightstalker - Wood elf ranger
                      Kennison Harper - Traveller

Comment

Hey Sean, am I the one with the crap-ton of gems?

...I certainly hope nobody has more than me. I would be alarmed.
                        ---

To Mold a Mind:

"Her body will be fortified, her mind will be taken and reforged, and her heart shall be sworn only to uphold that which I demand. And as for her soul, well - she can have that back when she's dead."

Comment

Working...
                        X