Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cause = Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cause = Effect

Cause:
    1. Someone went and dumped a ton of gems and crafting materials into a store. More then they could ever possibly acquire in the three months since the crafting wipe.
    2. Players greedily bought up all the items and never thought to tell a DM or Developer about it.

Effect:
    1. Rarity of crafting gems and materials just took a sharp increase to a rediculous level.

Summary:
    1. If you see something too good to be true, it probably is.
    2. Ask a DM if something seems funky.
    3. New scripts are going in to track these things now. I will PERM BAN the first person I catch, no matter who it is, to make an example of how serious this is.

Meaning you changed the drop % of crafting materials I take it

Sad panda.

Such is life though.
    Yup, I put a signature in..

Comment

I will state that the 'impact assessment' of things like this are what we use to determine in the future about whether or not we would have a servervault wipe after a beta... However that is not the main topic of this thread. This is a warning.

And as people should know (and people who can no longer read this) we take our warnings seriously.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Is it possible that a bunch of noobs just dumped them there without knowing?
        Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
        Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
        Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

Originally posted by nickbeat View Post
          Originally posted by sharringtonm
          Cause:
          1. Someone went and dumped a ton of gems and crafting materials into a store. More then they could ever possibly acquire in the three months since the crafting wipe.
          I'm fairly certain Sean's bullshit detector is pretty keen. Mostly because he's full of it himself.

When other people exploit, they not only get banned but hurt the people who play legitimately. There is no upside to this and you would think it's common sense that you try not exploit opportunities like this, mostly because you're just throwing shit in the DEVs and DMs faces who try so hard to keep things fair and balanced for us all.

Seriously, pray to Tyr for a better sense of judgment. Noobs.
          "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
          Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbeat View Post
            Show me a noob that can dump 20+ crafting gems and a bunch of mithral ingots in the exigo trade post store and I'll show you a hacker.

Comment

Dang, that's nuts! I hope you find them and destroy them.

Comment

Originally posted by sharringtonm View Post
                Show me a noob that can dump 20+ crafting gems and a bunch of mithral ingots in the exigo trade post store and I'll show you a hacker.
                DOH! Where was I when this fire sale went down?!?

In all seriousness, hackers really? Man, that sucks. Game hackers bug me. :P
                characters:
                Jos'iah Ithildurin - Semper, a guardian of Haldemar. "One should always be faithful"
                Elijah - Warrior Mage and Legionairre of Sundren. "My axe and my magic will cleave you!"
                Duskthorne - Bounty Hunter. "Every land needs a masked man to do the dirty work for them" (personal heroes: The Knight of the Flying Rodent and The Monk of the Arachnid Order)

Comment

Yeah like playing diablo on battle.net back in the day. Some hacker would attack you in town where it was a no PKer zone by design. That ruined the whole experience. Hacking ruins the game period.

Comment

I think I know what went down here...My room in the Four Lanterns was just robbed , I didnt know there was a lever outside the room to get into it.I didnt know there that one chest was persistent storage and the other wasnt.They were both called a lockbox.
                    All my gems , including another players and crafting materials/rare scrolls were stolen.
                    I didnt mention this at all, because I just figured the room was set up like that on purpose.
                    You know,to show a player nothing is sacred if you dont take precaution.

Well , my point is ,is this may have happened to others also and their is one culprit that gets in that room and burgles its belongings.All it tales is just checking that one box time to time to see if some poor unfortunate pc put his stuff in the wrong container.
                    "Feel the fervor growing,but the hate is stronger.My heart was whole with you,but the pain was mine."

Comment

Uh oh.

That's very frustrating, having all of your hard work stolen.
                      Yup, I put a signature in..

Comment

Sounds like the mystery of where the gems came from is solved. Now it's a who dunit.

Comment

I'll tell you the same thing my father told me when I stuck a paper-clip in a power outlet when I was little: "Betcha' won't do that again now will ya?"

Ha... timeless wisdom.

Comment

That person should come out with it if they did indeed do it. I don't think they should be punished for it OOC though, unless they were proven to be duping or some other hack.

I'm sure the mystery will be solved eventually, knwoing who is investigating the matter.

Comment

I remember seeing a bunch of gems at the Exigo store, all Beljuril's in fact. I didn't have enough money to buy one, and then the server crashed and all of them were gone. It was a couple of nights ago, but if that's what you're referring to, I highly doubt they were stolen, considering there were about 7-8 gems, all Beljurils. Unless Darcane hordes gems like a rabid dragon, that is. Though I suppose the ones bought before I got there could have been other varieties.

Regarding the rarity drop, I hope that doesn't affect quest drop rates. It'd be mean to give new characters the shaft and refuse them gems for one-time-only quests.
                              Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
                              "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
                              UTC -4

Comment

Working...
                              X