Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not Scared! (Why people don't role playing fear.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone was wondering why I asked him this publicly, its because I knew his response in advance.

His is a classic example of how to use and respond to an intimdate roll

He's not afraid because of the roll, but you can see how his interests were changed from trying to see whats under the mask, to something else entirely?

Intimidate is very similar to diplomacy, as in.. its purpose is to make a person more agreeable with you. ie. Likes you enough to allow you to have your way.

Just like diplomacy, as soon as the RP event is over with and you have gone your seperate ways, he's allowed to go back and form different opinions

"that son of a bitch shouldn't have treated me like that! I'll get him next time!"

If your just trying to scare people, you use the fear spell. Inimidate is not for scaring people. Its for persuading people aka JEDI MIND TRICK, but not as powerful as that.

Comment

Originally posted by sharringtonm View Post
      If your just trying to scare people, you use the fear spell. Inimidate is not for scaring people. Its for persuading people aka JEDI MIND TRICK, but not as powerful as that.
      So, i'm just trying to understand here, Intimidate is basically Diplomacy but Intimidate takes into account to 'force' people to respect your wishes via.. well

Zek: *snarl* "None of your damned business." *rolls Intimidate v/s Caz*

Via that kind of text? I WAS thinking 'Its Diplomacy but with a hostile attitude" But that is totally false, Diplomacy can sound pretty hostile
      Or pretty aggrivated, etc, to get a feeling out.

Comment

Really Intimidate is meant for NPCs, not other players. The rolls merely inform the RP a bit. It is not like if they win the intimidate that you just cow down. Especially if your character is normally stronge willed or defiant.

Bluff is similar. You can't convince someone that the sky is green when it is plainly not.
        Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
        Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
        Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

Handle it on a case by case basis. I was giving a good example of how it doesn'thave to be used to make people flee from you in a panic.

Intimidating lines:

"You looking at me? You lookin at me? I know you's not lookin at me!"

"Say hello to my little friend"

"You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the system! I grow tired of asking this so it will be the last time: *Where* is the rebel base? "

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

AS you can tell, each one is intimidating, some are more prone to a violent reaction then others, some might even cause a paladin to backstep (though by 3.5 DND laws Paladins are immune to intimdate and its reflected this way on Sundren)

Comment

Working...
          X