Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disliking other races

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must respectfully disagree with some of the viewpoints that were expressed in this thread earlier.

DnD is not based upon modern accepting society and even the purest paladin would likely be posessed by hatred towards something and only the highest celestials could follow Christianity-style ethics and even they would be ready to kill evil if neccesary, that is how the world simply works.
    There is hatred between varying races, especially evil monstrous humanoids are generally hated by all civilized folks because their terror is in 99% of Faerûn very existant problem, almost everyone knows someone who has been killed by the savages and the hatred usually becomes rather personal.

Some writers, such as Elaine Cunningham are masters in portraying the conflict between good and evil, how the good can sometimes suffer from their actions against evil.
    Also Salvatore and Drizzt's "written journals" are moderately interesting stuff to read (althought at times the rambling gets the emo-ish levels) and can be pretty educating for someone who likes to play good char.

My chars are all good-aligned and each hate something, mostly humanoids and also they all have something that they hate especially much and have to go through great effort to prevent attacking them on sight if non-hostile individual of such kind appears.

Cer'wyïl Durothil - Mix-breed noble elf
    Tredonael - The shapeshifter
    Glagnur Frostfury - The arctic dwarf barbarian
    Calewyn Gil'Fang - Wood elven archer
    Jaegor Ursablad - The wychlaran knight from Rashemen

Comment

All my character's have something they dislike, well all but Varnz because he a master of many forms... so he keeps a open mind about people sense he in terms could very well walk in the shoes of that person kin. He always gotten weird looks for shifting into a troll or something of the sorts. Even those's he travels normaly with, always seem to be in a "Cant believe you shift into that".
      Lucas would be the next in none judgement but has a hateful out-look on paladins or those's that would follow the laws so strictly. Grim has no love for anyone, Quinn only really trust the smaller races for he feels he has some power over them.
      Currents:
      Nothing yet.

Forgottens, as time has slip, so have they.
      Varnz Fury - Born again Druid
      Luke Harper - Seadog of the Sea.

Comment

I don't think there is nor should be a general concensus about which races are liked and which aren't, this is not a problem we have in RL. What I do agree with is that there are far too many "carebears" as Sean puts it. Why is no-one in Sundren "elfist" or "dwarfist"?
        Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

I've been wondering about what race dislikes the other races...
          Basicly there are only two guidelines you need to follow.

Drow are KOS (if you wish, everyone else will be doing it, so no matter what you do, don't stick up for them.)
          This does not mean Hate On Sight.

And Darkwood Stalker MUST hate Half Orcs and Orcs (Its the requirement of the prestige class)

After that up to you.

Question answered. Good question too.

Good luck and welcome to Sundren.
          Last edited by sharringtonm; 08-14-2008, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X