Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Curse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Curse

All right, I got to say, that was the most awesomest funest superest RP and DM Session ive had there, even though it was DAMN LONG! Nice job to the DM Edge, I was having lots of fun, though I had to log off for quite a while. Also, the players, cant remember all of their names, but it was fun rping with you guys, I think the few I could remember are Corwyn Eskalas, Luke Steel, Krolk, Caine (Something) And then I lost track of the others. Nice job, everyone.

*bows head* merrrr, why cant I ever find DM events *pouts*

Comment

I generally look for people who aren't at port avanthyr or at Sharahan areas now before I run events.

Comment

gee, where else can we find rp. I find it only at Port Avanthyr.. but this was at Sestra Caverns, acutally.

Comment

Blah, leave it to UI problems for me to miss stuff. :|

Comment

Originally posted by undeadsteak View Post
            gee, where else can we find rp. I find it only at Port Avanthyr.. but this was at Sestra Caverns, acutally.
            That's because everyone is only hanging out in there Sometimes I wonder why the server isn't just Sharahan Hills and Port Avanthyr gate.

See, sometimes I just want to run something for a small group of people. If I start something in a crowd of 12 people I get flooded with messages, so I look for solitary groups or people. Now, if they are in Sharahan hills, how many different plots can I really start from inside a stronghold of goblins?

So I wait for groups to go off and take a walk. I dunno, nobody has a reason to be anywhere but the gate of Avanthyr? I put the search tool in so people could find you no matter where you go. There's tons of hang outs. I see one group of players constantly walking about talking. They end up with a good number of events.

Comment

Well, i got to agree. Soul bad guy did an event, and we ended up with about 10 surplus people cuz we just went through Sharan Hills... He told them to just ignore the quest, seeing as they couldnt handle that many people, and somone just charged and killed one of the banites, without even talking to him, or letting the DM know, and the unit was neutral as well.. Seems really really annoying, with that many people around everywhere, but then I cant find any other places to hang out, seeing as no one is there.

Comment

"I dunno, nobody has a reason to be anywhere but the gate of Avanthyr?"

At the moment, not a real lot no. Theres some action going on in the bar at the dock, which is nice, but unless you've already got a group together and are heading out somewhere, there isn't alot of reason to be elsewhere. I've used the tool quite a bit and it works nice, but when I head out somewhere and meet up with a few people, they're usually already in the middle or on their way to something and they don't want to spend the next 30 mins talking to some stranger on the street.
                Don't get me wrong, most people RP it out well and will stop and talk, but I don't blame them for keeping it short. They probably spent the last 30 mins talking about where they want to go and why, so now they're focused on doing it.
                As for the RP city type areas, well I'm not going to stand there for 1 hour by myself, hoping someone checks the tool and chooses to come search me out to RP.
                I think when the factional stuff comes into play, it will help this a bit. If I were a member of the Red Blades for instance, I would have a reason to hang out at the guildhall, chatting with others of my kind. A few of us doing that might get some others curious and come check out what's happening.
                Anyway, there will always be that one place where a bunch of people hang out. It gets spread out over time, but every NWN server I've been on has that one hot spot where alot of poeple sit at.
                Account:
                e044529

Characters:
                Celundel Di'malin
                Trent Arna

Comment

Well from my experience the Hills arn't exactly the best of the best places to meet new people since alot of them seem to only be interested in running past you and taking out the nearest goblin and moving on. However I have to bite my tongue as just today Kai really solidified a few acquaintanceships(is that a word) into friendships after running into them and traveling with them through the caves. Definitely some well done and great roleplay going on there.
                  Current Characters: n/a

Old Characters: Kai Nightwind; Ivtanier Silvermoon

Comment

I try making friends with new people, but they all just want to hang out in the hills, and run and kill goblins.. thats boring. Im getting pretty massive xp from rping, that I cant get from monsters at this level anymore. I made about what, 2k or 1.5k xp on rping and dm sessions just today, at level 6.

Comment

That is very nice. I haven't gotten too much xp from DM events or roleplaying but then again the hours I've been on roleplaying haven't exactly been times where DM's are rightly prosperous while online. But personally that is alright because I'm simply having a great time just roleplaying while I travel with people and in cities. I was in quite the tavern RP just today with Gorok, Vesher, Ayldi.., Dale, and Nocto (sorry if I forgot anyone!).

And there is one thing that frustrates me and it is the fact I was able to roleplay and travel with you once! The first day I started ont he server and since then we've only seen eachother in passing, que triste .
                      Current Characters: n/a

Old Characters: Kai Nightwind; Ivtanier Silvermoon

Comment

As I've said before, when Sundren City is added it will be the new start area and centrepiece of all of Sundren.
                        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by undeadsteak View Post
                          All right, I got to say, that was the most awesomest funest superest RP and DM Session ive had there, even though it was DAMN LONG! Nice job to the DM Edge, I was having lots of fun, though I had to log off for quite a while. Also, the players, cant remember all of their names, but it was fun rping with you guys, I think the few I could remember are Corwyn Eskalas, Luke Steel, Krolk, Caine (Something) And then I lost track of the others. Nice job, everyone.

This was fun and well run indeed. Can't wait for the 'curse' to be dealt with finally though so Corwyn can act normal around people again...!!
                          PC - Corwin Eska'las (Sun Elf pursuing the dream of becoming a Bladesinger)

Alt PC - Brevin Smoothands (meticulously groomed half orc bard swashbuckler... sort of... sings great, less fighting)

Comment

I tend to hang my chars all at the hills, since thats where everyone else is. I agree with a past poster mentioning "Im not going to sit somewhere 1 hour by myself". I used to do that with my bard, but it got me nowhere. I used to hang out at inn's, but after the first day of beta, EVERYONE ignored inns. Also, inn's are so out of the way, more ppl hang out at Foulbreath's shop than a tavern, since its next to a travel point.
                            I really hope in the near future DMs start posting their times on the calender...since I believe thats what its there for (Im sure this'l be after beta of course).
                            Alas, my bard will just scour the lands and cities...talking to random ppl for 1-3 hours...then walking some more, and talking some more...ahhh, le sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildur View Post
                              This was fun and well run indeed. Can't wait for the 'curse' to be dealt with finally though so Corwyn can act normal around people again...!!

heh, everyones like wth is up with that Elf? , soooo lucky I didnt touch it...

Comment

Working...
                              X