Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anachronism

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you should name him Ash

"This is my boomstick!"
    Characters:
    Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
    Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Hehe, I WAS kinda thinking of him.

I might just play the origin story as a secret, never revealing his true origin to others.
      Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
      Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
      Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

If you do, then I say make it subtle, because he doesn't want people to think he's crazy, and make it ambiguous as to whether he really is crazy or from the future.
        "Mad" Jack Flynn - "Godless wanderer"

Comment

If a new player comes along and sees a futuristic character, they'd probably leave the server, thinking this is a ridiculous place. You'd have to be very careful in how you presented yourself. Yes, you will attract negative IC attention and that is actually a good and interesting thing, but there might also come OOC negative attention which can be detrimental to the server.

Tread lightly, is all I would say. But ultimately, this will probably call for a senior DM decision.
          Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Oooo, nethack! I remember hours of fun with all those ASCII characters filling the screen!

Seriously though... requests like this go in the help forums. But, I can pretty much say this one's going to get shot down
            I got one leg missin'
            How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
            Meet the Feebles

Comment

The DM has spoken. Thanks.

I will likely make a similar character, but avoid the anachronistic silliness, or maybe I'll play one character for a while and stop mesin around.

Comment

Time travel is virtually non-existant in DND. I imagine you'd have a much easier time making a character from Greyhawk or another setting.

Comment

Time Travel is all over the place in D&D man, think of D Door or haste, or even teleport. movement through space and time is pretty much the same thing like that. (See Hiro Nakamura)

Comment

That isn't time travel though. Teleportation spells and the like are instantaneous. Time doesn't pass differently for the caster. Haste and Time stop only make someone move much faster, but don't really alter the flow of time in the least.

Comment

This could turn into a long discussion about metaphysics. Time and Space are kinda the same thing in essence. When a person teleports, they bend the space-time continuum.

Divination is another category that gets close to time travel, though it only works with thought not body.

And don't forget Merlin was from the future! He aged backward much like Chronos does.

Comment

*The thread disappears into some sort of 4th dimensional anomaly*
                        I got one leg missin'
                        How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                        Meet the Feebles

Comment

Working...
                        X