Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No thats correct, me and Dave washed our hands of that Module and did something else.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack!

On-topic! Drow are not nice and should be treated as such.
    Current Player Of: Aden Astartes, Orren Baneshollow, Amnius, Kord Illumen and Lotho

Comment

I was around still when you guys were in charge. Good times indeed. I remember I was so angry at how hard it was to play a drow on Astoria and get experience as a drow on your mod. I said once I made it to level 5 I would quit to my buddy who watched me play. Then when I hit level 5 about 2 or 3 weeks later and hooked up with the scarce amount of other drow players trying to survive the Underdark there I decided to stay. We built up our forces and finally got strong enough to get out of the Underdark only to be killed by vampires in the Silverbark Forest. Good times.

Comment

Baha, we and Asbolute DM'ed on the newest of all the Astoria's with Cronos and InfamousJoe, who came from Astoria Legacy, I think it was.
        Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Me and Dave wrote, scripted, and built the Original Astoria

Me = Brinn
          Current Player Of: Aden Astartes, Orren Baneshollow, Amnius, Kord Illumen and Lotho

Comment

Bah! Enough with the off-topic hugging and reminiscing about 'The good ol' days'.

Anyway, I don't recognise this collective animosity against the Drow at all. Last time I saw a Drow it was played by GBX during an event and everyone was falling over themselves to be her friend and, when I dared suggest that perhaps we shouldn't be so hasty, I was branded as a bigot and told to learn to forgive them.

*shrugs* Perhaps it was just GBX everyone was so keen to be friends with.
            Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

I can almost guarentee that was the case. People like to be caressed by the DM's.
              Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Comment

I see four things that would happen if you see a drow.
                1. Commoner - run, run, run or Ma, get my pitchfork and round up the folks.
                2. Surface Elf - Kill it, kill it, kill it, then burn it. Prefereably using a burning half -orc as the torch.
                3. My Bard - Wow, never seen a drow, very interesting, let me buff and be wary, but I want to talk to this creature.
                4. Sundren Government - capture it, put it on trial, then execute it.

Everything I have read about drow, except for that drow ranger dude, is they are evil, only come to the surface to gather slaves and such, and most people would either run or kill them on sight.

Therefore, if they were part of Sundren, it would be chaotic and there would be much grief because the Drow would kill everyone around or try to and the people in Sundren would try to kill the drow everytime they saw them.

Too much hassle, IMO.

Comment

Have any of you read the Eberron campaign? Drow are simply nuetral savages living in the jungles of Xendrik.

Can't Sundren apply the same sort of tweak to allow this race?
                  Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
                  Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
                  Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

Psst nick, Sundren is based on the forgotten realms campaign, not eberron. If we change one thing like that it will open the flood gates. Next people will be wanting the kender race from DragonLance, Tainted and Corrupted races from Ravenloft, etc.

Comment

the last two posts made me giggle!

In a good way.

Comment

Sure, I know that. The sky is blue too...well half the time.

Eberron doesn't have alignments either really. I'm just offering Eberron as an example of a world where the norms were turned sideways. Do we adhere strictly to FR here? In that case, I totally get that drow would make no sense as player characters.
                        Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
                        Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
                        Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

..and I wonder why Tieflings (evil blood) are perfectly accepted, and Half orcs (evil race, usually troublemakers) are even allowed within the city walls.

But yes, without an underdark area/home, Underdark races are kind of forced to 'drizzt' around the surface out of sheer nesessity, rather than choice, leading to lots of issues.

But I dont understand why the pitchfork people dont run as fast after Tieflings and (Half) orcs, or genasi for plainly being scary =p

Well.. back to my Arachnomancer in Amia =p

Comment

Havent' seen a Tiefling anywhere in Sundren for the past three months myself. Not sure there are even any on Sundren. I've seen maybe one or two Half-Orcs though, and they usually stay in the more wild areas.

Comment

I have not seen any Tieflings lately (about 3 months). As for why people do not go after them, Tieflings are a little bit easier to disguies. Hide the horns with a hat or a hood and most people will think you are a human.
                              sigpic
                              Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

Tieflings are closed. I applied for one, had every DM tell me they liked the concept, and ultimately had to witness the response:

"As good as the backstory may be, its closed. HAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHA! FAIL!"

Thats why you see none.

Comment

Working...
                                X