Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crafting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafting

So whats going on with the Crafting feature? Is it implemented? Is it in progress? How long can we expect to wait before it is fully implemented, if it is not already?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it.
    Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Yeah, I would like this too. Igneous is supposed to be a blacksmith, but I can only RP that fact so far. If you end up putting in some more crafting options, I would love it.
    Your friendly neighborhood drunk

Comment

And if it is something far down the road, can we at least find out if the standard feats will be used? If I make a Wizard, should I bother taking Craft Wonderous Item and all that stuff? What about the Skills?

I just wanna know what I should and shouldn't be doing, based upon what is going to happen down the road.
      Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Comment

Find me another two programmers and I'll have crafting done in a week or two.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I'll program for you! Oh wait, I forgot. Programming gives me a headache.
          Your friendly neighborhood drunk

Comment

Alright, fair enough, no programmers = no nice fancy stuff.

But do you know what you intend to do when you do have programmers? I mean, should I be taking those feats and skills with my new character, or will Sundren use something entirely different?

Comment

Originally posted by Kangleton View Post
              Alright, fair enough, no programmers = no nice fancy stuff.

But do you know what you intend to do when you do have programmers? I mean, should I be taking those feats and skills with my new character, or will Sundren use something entirely different?
              I can't predict the flow of volunteers unfortunately.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I miss crafting...

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                  I can't predict the flow of volunteers unfortunately.
                  WHAT? You mean we don't get paid for this?

/sarcasm

Comment

The nice thing about having no game mechanics for crafting is that you can just make stuff up. Why not tell everyone you are an expert potion maker for a few months and maybe the DMs will throw down some love and give you access to some super secret special custom potions!

I have a character that I have always played as a mechanic. His day job is working on slicers and other golems, and one day his skills actually came into play. A group of us needed a special device to help save Sundren, but the dealers were driving a hard bargain. But, when my character Dordleton made a 20+ Search check on then a 25 Disable Device Check.

He was able to learn what was wrong with the golem in Exigo HQ and offer to fix it. Then the Captain agreed to take 20K off the price. I think that was an awsome example of how DMs can apply their own mechanics based on RP rather than pure mechanics, and it was backed up by skills of course.

It made me really appreciate how a character can be important without hacking down a mighty dragon to prove their worth.
                    Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
                    Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
                    Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

You should ask the DM's to give you an ability to transform in to an iron golem, so that you can RP climbing inside and controlling it, giant fighting robot. Hmm... maybe Orrick should start researching golems so that when he gets his polymorph spell he can RP hopping in to one lol.
                      Akodo
                      Rhime - or is he?

Comment

Awesome. It would be like a 1/day Polymorph spell limited to golem only. I'd really be happy if he could just have one of those Slicers as a companion. That would be fun.
                        Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
                        Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
                        Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

In regards to the actual intended crafting system, I have a question. If characters have taken feats and skills in abilities involving item creation, and in the end, Sundren doesn't actually make use of those feats and skills with the to-be-implemented system, will players be allowed to recreate their characters?

It isn't fair if someone made a Wizard with Craft Wand, Brew Potion, Craft Wondrous Item, and the Weapon/Armor/Alchemy skills, made it to level 15, and found out that every single one of those things was a waste because Sundren uses something entirely different. Thats a +3 Intelligence modifier's worth of skills down the drain, as well as three out of a maximum of nine feats also wasted.

So... character recreation valid?

Comment

*Casts Raise Dead*

So, I was exactly wondering about this. I just created a character to play on Sundren, and I do not know If I should expend points at crafting skills. I saw there are some alchemy, blacksmith and magic benchs in some places, but I was not sure if it worked like the singleplayer, and, according to this topic, it seems that it does not.

So I would like to know if there is a crafting system in mind and if I should, or not, expend points in crafting skills. An answer to Kangleton's question would also be nice.

Thanks.

Comment

YEAH!

What the deuce!? I forgot about this. Why did nobody answer me?

I'm about to rebel.

Comment

Working...
                              X