Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drow

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drow

This could use some clarification... are drow viewed differently here than most other places on the surface of Faerun? Most elves, especially sun elves would be close to KOS vs Drow. I refrained from attacking one today because I'm not familiar with the server's approach and the setting being where it is, close to Drrizt's Icewind Dale and a rather unique place in the Realms, maybe things are different here.

My PC was still quite shocked to hear from someone that there are no less than three drow walking around undisturbed... which to me is rather disturbing...
    PC - Corwin Eska'las (Sun Elf pursuing the dream of becoming a Bladesinger)

Alt PC - Brevin Smoothands (meticulously groomed half orc bard swashbuckler... sort of... sings great, less fighting)

When Drow walk around in broad daylight, it kinda makes ya wonder. They're not in their element, and they're not really doing anything in the town soooo, let em go I guess ???
    Now as soon as a Drow is walking around cloaked or doing something seedy, yeah he/she will be stopped and asked..."wtf?" in short

Thats my guess on it.

Comment

Hey, are you ithildur from the frontier, your name is pretty much the same. and yes, i asked a post about how the drows should be treated here as well, but i really never got a straight answer, but they are certainly not kill on sight (unfortunately), but my char still has a huge hatred towards them, as well as tieflings.

Comment

I think they are pretty much kill-on-sight if you have a very valid reason. All player-versus-player needs to be justified, naturally.

Comment

Hopefully there will be a drow and tiefling town, where they can go to.

Comment

hmm....an entire town for a rather rare species (at least on the surface)? Seems....unlikely.
            "The Weave is the source of all magic in Faerun, and I would give my life to protect it!"
            Selene Canadiel--Knight of the Weave
            "I have failed you once....I will not fail you again!"
            Sylvanas Kathar--Thayan Knight

Comment

yes.. but then what else? Theese drows and tieflings around humans who would usually just slay them at a glimpse? And im pretty sure even gaurds wouldnt try stopping them, because they would be afraid of the tieflings and drows, and would prefer they die.

Comment

Your views on other races is your own personal choice. There is no "golden rule of racial profiling" for Sundren. Just make sure it's RP and not just another reason to PVP or grief another player. I am sure there are many who would blanch at the sight of an Aasimar even though they are mostly good natured and beneficent.

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
                "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
                Eldraxus Tzyvioq
                Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

Originally posted by undeadsteak View Post
                  Hey, are you ithildur from the frontier, your name is pretty much the same.
                  No, I am not...

Comment

Originally posted by Ichbin View Post
                    No, I am not...

i was talking to the person, named Ithildur O_o, not you :P. Thats why i asked if they were Ithildur, seeing as they are the same names, just diffrent forums.

Comment

Here's my take on it.

Sundren is a distant valley in the middle of the Spine of the World, colonized relatively recently by migrants from elsewhere. In other words, it's a new world without the heavy baggage of a blood-drenched history as most other states.

While the suspicions and hatred of typical Faer?nians still live here, the people as a whole have never had trouble with drow in their lifetimes and those of their recent ancestors. There are always the more fanatical hang-the-drow types, but Sundren for the most part is a place where people live in contentment; they are willing enough to tolerate drow in extremely small numbers when they don't make trouble.

As for tieflings, I'd imagine they are seen as they are in every other town in Faer?n: demonspawn freaks. In backwater places and crime-festered sprawling metropolises, they could face lynchings from agitaters and mobs, but in Sundren, I'd say they are mere miscreants and vagabonds in the eyes of most.

But all in all, who's to say the perceptions of townsfolk can't be changed (or reinforced) through consistent roleplay and deeds?

Comment

I'm one of the drow! However, if I was KOS from everyone - it would be hard for me to RP..heh..I'd always be dead :O
                        Amateur historian of religion | Website Designer | Known in-game as Talon Eloi.

Comment

Thanks for the responses from staff; so I'll take that as a more or less official stance for now; they are not KOS for most folks of Sundren... but viewed with fear and suspicion at least unless one or two prove themselves somehow in the eyes of the locals perhaps... ala... that Do'urden guy...

reminds me of this

http://www.dungeoncrawlinc.com/comic122.html

I'll base my RP around that understanding as best as I can... it will be rather challenging given my PC's background. Unfortunately it seems that some of the players seem to have little regard of the general reputation of Drow and would actually see my PC as the bad guy...

Hope you're behaving yourself here Undeadsteak.
                          PC - Corwin Eska'las (Sun Elf pursuing the dream of becoming a Bladesinger)

Alt PC - Brevin Smoothands (meticulously groomed half orc bard swashbuckler... sort of... sings great, less fighting)

Comment

heh, not me. But i certianly hate tieflings more then drows. You could always pm the person, saying, "PVP about to occur, cuz your char is a drow, and my char doesnt like them."

Comment

well the way i see it is this people play drow for special abilities and thats it, they never role play a drow or a reason to be where they shouldn't. its allways the hi im drizzt clone 2000 how can i be the most non entity i can be today.
                              they all ways want the im not evil blah blah blah crap but with sooo many players being "good drow" then the whole race should have been changed by now. all assertive males or open minded females.... they want the superstats and special abilities or the drow thats it
                              Angrim Thundergut: The Incredible Bulk

The Hint Banality

FINISH HIM!

^, >, >, V, X

Screen goes dark

Large red hand smashes opponent to chunky salsa

Banality!

Comment

Working...
                              X