Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the crafting system comming along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put in basic crafting materials in this update to keep you guys happy.
    -iron
    -wood plank
    -leather hide
    -blank scroll
    -bone wand

Have some fun, while GBX continues his coding.
    Cheers
    Ice

Drauius Clynius-Captured, beaten, tortured and executed... Now resting in a river near you!

Gaius Cyprianus- The roman legion!

Comment

You're a schollar and a gent sir!
      Heed me thou who are darker than dusk.
      Heed me thou more red than blood.
      Through the passing of the mists of time I call to thee, swear myself to thee.
      Let thy great power be known to all the fools who stand opposed
      Merge your strength and mine! Deliver doom to all of them equally....

Comment

I had a question!

I never played the Original Campaign, and thought it'd be fun if Drado had some points in Craft Alchemy, though I am clueless with the way the game's crafting system works. I managed to find myself a Mortar and Pestle, but I have no idea how the thing works; what do I need to make things like little fire bombs and thunder stones? What kind of cost in stags does it require?
        Drado Nackle, gnome scholar of the Weave
        Roger Datson, swashbuckler and booty-seeker
        "Mercy? You wanted mercy?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!!"

Comment

There's a few recipie books in the Sundren Library.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I have used the mortar and pestle to make some of the essences with the components in the alchemical shop. However, the essences are quite useless, given I cannot sell the essences back for near what I bought the components for and I have not found any other reagents to combine with the essences (are these other reactants existent on this server? I don't know..).

As for the Alchemist book found in the library. I have not been able to find any of these reagents either.

My success in alchemy has been bound to the mortar and pestle/essence combinations.

Comment

Like I said crafting is in but not all the pieces are completely put together. It's just not something we've been able to dedicate time to yet, it will get done eventually. I just cannot say when.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Radiant Power Essence! Ooh yeah! but I have to give it back now, before Val gets hunted down by some nast humans with some nasty looking blade spiders...

EDIT: also coming is spelt with only one 'm' and while i'm at it, lose is spelt with only one 'o'.
                Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Originally posted by rustediron View Post
                  Radiant Power Essence! Ooh yeah! but I have to give it back now, before Val gets hunted down by some nast humans with some nasty looking blade spiders...
                  Rangus is already lookiong for Ya
                  "We are what we think.
                  All that we are arises with our thoughts.
                  With our thoughts, we make our world"

Comment

Along the lines of crafting. Are there any plans to implement a system to gather raw materials such as ore and hides?

Additionally, can we get a brief overview of the crafting system so far so that we can submit some feedback? I'm sure there are a number of individuals including my self who have had experience playing in PW's with crafting systems, and may be able to provide some insight into what did or didn't work well.
                    The only difference between you and me is you're on fire.

Comment

We already have plans for crafting. When we're ready to garner feedback we will let you know, for now it stands as is. This will change eventually, just not at the moment.

George Carlin

Comment

I hope making potions will actually be an affordable thing. I know if I make one potion of cure light wounds it cost 250 gold... maybe making it so player could actually sell potions, armor, weapons, and such at a cost below the price you pay in markets....
                        Have the cost go down as the level of the character or skill of the character going up...
                        Either of these would create a trade market between players...
                        Last edited by Mot Dab; 12-07-2007, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X