Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the crafting system comming along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the crafting system comming along?

I'm just curious, as it's been said in other threads that have quite a bit of dust on them now, about the crafting system. Right now there's no real support for crafting, and with Mask of the Betrayer and it's soul crafting system due out in five days I was wondering if there's been any news about it? I also remember Saulus saying The Complete Craftsman hakpack was being looked into.

EDIT: Ach, could an Admin please correct my title? I mispelled coming.
    James Arrow: Potion Vendor

Crafting is working and that's all that is important right now. It will get more attention in the future.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Well one problem I've noticed is the lack of materials, either for enchanting or just materials to forge items with. Be nice to come across some cold iron, or darksteel every now and again. I would reckon the Cartel in Aquor would probably have something in one of their crates.

Actually, just out of curiosity, but isn't cold steel just steel, however it's beaten into shape without a forge, hence the cold?

Comment

Originally posted by Lothoir View Post
        Well one problem I've noticed is the lack of materials, either for enchanting or just materials to forge items with. Be nice to come across some cold iron, or darksteel every now and again. I would reckon the Cartel in Aquor would probably have something in one of their crates.

Actually, just out of curiosity, but isn't cold steel just steel, however it's beaten into shape without a forge, hence the cold?
        Steel cannot be cold forged.

You're thinking of Cold Iron.

Yes. Cold iron is iron that's beaten into shape.

Steel is the alloy of iron and several other materials, including carbon, manganese, and tungsten.
        • Ember Egan - The Crimson Catastrophe

Comment

Could the DM's please be given some guidance on the staff board about what they are allowed to provide by way of crafting materials for players.

I was in a game yesterday run by Raksha (great game btw) and there were sources of crafting material falling down all around me (Vampires and Direwolves and Druids... Oh My) unfortunately he didn't know what he was and wasn't able to provide. This was very frustrating for both of us.

I am trying to experiment with the crafting system having been informed that the recipies have been changed I want to try and find them. It is a little difficult however when you can't get a variety of crafting materials.

Please can someone help!
          Heed me thou who are darker than dusk.
          Heed me thou more red than blood.
          Through the passing of the mists of time I call to thee, swear myself to thee.
          Let thy great power be known to all the fools who stand opposed
          Merge your strength and mine! Deliver doom to all of them equally....

Comment

Crafting, as saulus said, is going to get alot of attention.

Our priority list looks something like this:

1) MoTB Updates to get Sundren Working with it
            2) Quests & Language system to replace DMFI lanuages
            3) Completing specific areas or updating others

Crafting is after that somewhere

Comment

By the way, With Mask of the Betrayer Warlocks will be getting Imbue Item, however I've heard Obsidian neglected to make the appropriate item crafting feats available for selection. Will anything be done in regards to allowing Warlocks to craft?

Comment

Nope. Obsidian will most likely fix that in the 1.11 patch. Sundren's staff doesn't have the extra time to become the bug fixers for NWN2 who work for free.
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Um... just something I noticed in my wanderings.

There are now a lot more moulds for people to use. For example armour moulds in Immovable Objects. This I think is a good thing.

However, there no longer seems to be a source of iron as the Aventhyr smithy nolonger seems to sell it.

This makes me feel a little puzzled.

Why add more moulds then take away the ability to use them?

Is this an over sight?

Comment

...more molds in the stores? but no iron for sale? hm... i didnt add molds nor take away iron. this is strange indeed. However after I work on some stores to be added, Crafting is what ill be looking to next.
                    Ice

Drauius Clynius-Captured, beaten, tortured and executed... Now resting in a river near you!

Gaius Cyprianus- The roman legion!

Comment

Any chance we can just have the iron back in the Aventhyr Smithy?

Comment

NEIN DUMMKOPF, M?SSEN SIE VIER BEARBEITEN IHR EISEN!!! * Sprungpeitsche *

>_> Sorry if the german is poor I only am at level 2 of Deutsch
                        ~Lyonette L'cyr (Rook)-- Deader than Malaclypse

~Megandlla Uyth 'Llar -- In a land Far Far away!

~Emilee Mistwalker -- A Female Sigrun? Pfft, far cooler--.... eh.... Hated!!

Comment

Well I caught 'No dummie,'

But for the rest you might as well have been speaking... well german, for all I understood

Comment

Roughly, says, "You must work for your iron! *cracks the whip*.

I think.
                            Thom Grinwell: A man lost in the world and inside his own mind.
                            ------------------------------------------------
                            Avatar is a pretty good indication of what Thom looks like on a bad day.

Comment

Originally posted by OzmaDarkheart View Post
                              Roughly, says, "You must work for your iron! *cracks the whip*.

I think.
                              LMAO.

Comment

Working...
                              X