Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.haks for inclusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but orcs man!!!!!!!!!!! dear lord!!!! screw the pretty elves!!!!!! what about the orcs!!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqvitALivzE

Comment

Originally posted by bipolar bear View Post
      but orcs man!!!!!!!!!!! dear lord!!!! screw the pretty elves!!!!!! what about the orcs!!!!!!
      you're dead to me man. dead.

;-)
      My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
      Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

I am going to do the dark chants here, and revive a necro-thread. Is this still in the works? Because I sincerely hope so.
        River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

Which part are you referring to?

Comment

Removal of the comedicly broken manga heads and inclusion of less ugly elves I assume
            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
            Sydney Smith.

Comment

Did the heads from the OC get a look in or are there too many issues with them (the author mentioned clipping with helmets)?
              Originally posted by roguethree
              If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

One concern I have that I hope can get addressed, is the "flesh" color in outfits that reveal some if it like a sleeveless dress. If I select a skin tone that is darker than the default (like having a tan) the dress would have the default "pale" arms or "something completely different" (insert MPFC clip). I ran into this with my first toon Elandra. I selected the darkest "tan" but then she wore anything that revealed below then neck line her skin was grey.

This was not know when designing / crafting the outfits, only then putting them on.

Nez
                Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
                Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
                Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
                Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

The whole skin-as-colour-3 thing is annoying as hell, means that you loose a load of customisation options straight off the bat, but it does mean you can show skin on / bodies, so that's a good thing.

Generally, done right it should take on the exact skin tone of your head. If it's done right by the creator of the original textures.

But no, no I've no intention at all of pulling apart every single clothing item, checking all their textures and making sure they all work properly, fixing the badly implemented ones and other stupid things like colour channels being swapped for genders before recompiling it as some mega clothing hack. It just wouldn't be an effective use of time.

Edit: that might come across as more aggressive than intended. Unfortunately fixing issues with the work of others like that would likely take a large chunk out of the time I've available for Sundren stuff. At this stage it's time better spent on more critical areas.
                  Last edited by Doubtful; 03-18-2016, 06:14 PM.
                  It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                  Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
                    The whole skin-as-colour-3 thing is annoying as hell, means that you loose a load of customisation options straight off the bat, but it does mean you can show skin on / bodies, so that's a good thing.

Generally, done right it should take on the exact skin tone of your head. If it's done right by the creator of the original textures.

But no, no I've no intention at all of pulling apart every single clothing item, checking all their textures and making sure they all work properly, fixing the badly implemented ones and other stupid things like colour channels being swapped for genders before recompiling it as some mega clothing hack. It just wouldn't be an effective use of time.

Edit: that might come across as more aggressive than intended. Unfortunately fixing issues with the work of others like that would likely take a large chunk out of the time I've available for Sundren stuff. At this stage it's time better spent on more critical areas.

All good. I did not think it was doable / even close to the top of the list.

Perhaps if a single piece of clothing is sold and labeled for just a few coins at a stand close to the entry point, then we as players, can check to see if the skin tone we chose works or not. I did this with the aid of another (kept rebuilding) for Alex.
                    Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide

Comment

Completely agree with you on that. It's not worth going through all the buggy as shit addons just to fix someone else's work. There is plenty of content that actually works
                      Originally posted by roguethree
                      If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

The problem you're going to run into is that skin tones aren't just going to flat out work or not work. They're going to work or not work depending on your head model and the clothing model. Tints are effected by the preexisting coloration on the diffuse model, the intensity of the appropriate RGB channel on the tint map, and the alpha channel of the tint map. Unless you have consistency between all of these, you're going to get wildly different results.

Most pieces of clothing use different textures for the different genders, and a lot of them use different textures for each race as well, so fixing just one set of clothing can quickly become editing between 4 and 20 different texture files, and that -still- doesn't even fix the problem. If you're editing clothing to match one head, you're moving it away from matching another.

All of that said, I've gotten pretty good at this kind of thing, and I wouldn't necessarily mind fixing up some extreme examples.

One thing I've noticed in the past is that the Facelift Pack which has been mentioned here a few times has inconsistencies with its head tint maps. For whatever reason, he turned down the alpha on the tint maps for the human heads, making it impossible to create darkly skinned humans.

This is a before and after on that particular tint map. Both of those heads have the same tint assigned to them.
                        WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

Sorry if I am confused a bit.

I understand there is a lot of work to "fix" all the skin tones so everything works.

My point was if there was some cloths that the players can try on first thing, then the players can either go with what they chose or select a different skin tone.

My suggestion was to allow us as players to fix what ever issues there are / might be, by testing. My intent was to keep this off of the devs plate. What stinks is you vest so much time in a toon then only to find out they can only wear 5% of the clothing options without looking like a freak.

Just trying to pose an option that would alleviate this issue with basically no dev work. Just make some clothing options available at start. Make them all ugly in color so no one will want to wear them but allow us players the option to verify skin tones in the beginning.

Comment

You can think of the diffuse and tint maps as scalars in a function. So you have Your Tint * Diffuse Map * Tint Map = What the color looks like in game.

Unless the head model and the clothing model have the same 'functions,' i.e. their textures are similar in design, it's not going to matter what tint you pick, because it's going to look different anyways.

You would have to pick the head and the clothing to match, not the tint color.
                            WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

Does anyone know what hak these hairs belong to? I found them on Riven.de and I've never seen them before, but they're pretty great:

Those are only a third. There are fifteen in total that I've found of that style. I don't know if it's considered kosher to just rip files from another server's hak, but so far I haven't found these on the nexus or the vault.
                              WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

They are nice! No idea where they're from!
                                Sydney Smith.

Comment

Working...
                                X