Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.haks for inclusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .haks for inclusion

I plan on giving some of the appearance options something of an overhaul as part of the reset, after all if there are no characters to break then some things can be changed or removed with impunity.

So, if there are any nice appearances you'd like to see added to the game then use this thread to let me know.

The main objective is better heads and hair for all the races (or as many as possible), but decent clothing options are good if they cover all (or at least most) of the races.
    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
    Sydney Smith.

I would love to see the half orc population get some loving here.. having some Variance between how think the taint of the blood would be.. I would go as far to say ( much like half elves) they should be able to pass for one or the other blood lines (if you so choose to build them like that) at a distance .

I have no idea if that is possible.. like getting some human heads stuck on the lumbering body of the half orc.

BpB
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqvitALivzE

Comment

I don't remember seeing much in the way of half orc stuff on the vault, and I'm not sure the human heads would stick on well (dem bones! Might try for a giggle though).

If you come across something suitable on the vault or elsewhere though then let us know!
      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
      Sydney Smith.

Comment

This mod could add options for human and half-elf heads, though I'm not fond of the artist's work on the other races. Elves look like humans with pointy ears, slightly more angular features and botox injections. Some of the female tieflings look like humans with psoriasis and botox injections. They'd be a perfect fit if joining the Legion comes with a free plastic surgery appraisal as part of the recruitment campaign.

There's not much variety to the heads themselves, but more options is subjectively good if they're your cup of tea.

Comment

Thanks for that one, it's on my 'probably' list now. The main drawback being that it's an Override thing, but hey-ho.

The Teiflings gave me flashbacks to this.

As for elves, gah. The current heads are largely so bad that almost anything is better, so a bit more human works. Always amused me that the IG art of elves is 'pretty humans with pointy bits' while the models themselves demonstrate a more neanderthal forehead with freaky eyes approach.
          Sydney Smith.

Comment

Are you planning on making the heads/hair from scratch, or just adding in new mods?

I'm always in favor of more dwarven face/beard options.

http://s140.photobucket.com/user/Ato...arves.jpg.html

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EGJmfwSQG5...rven_Faces.jpg

Comment

This should be looked at.

As I'd be suggesting this sort of mod if not for the fact that the barbarian store cloaks are supposed to be the fur pelts I'd be suggesting. When I have the item equip ed however, neither I, nor other players can see them, so there might be an error in the Hak's in regard to that.
              Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
              Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
              Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
              Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
              Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
              Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Originally posted by Kasso View Post
                Blurgh. I'll take a look at that, see if it's anything glaringly obvious.

Originally posted by zypherman View Post
                Are you planning on making the heads/hair from scratch, or just adding in new mods?

I'm always in favor of more dwarven face/beard options.
                Just adding new mods if people have ones to suggest (plus I'm digging about myself to see what's what). Making hairy bits and faces is a fluffy luxury and there's much more important bits to be working on before those (that, and I know once I get sucked into Fibermesh that I'm going to loose hours, if not days to experimentation and hairifying older models).
                Sydney Smith.

Comment

If anything you should obliterate those elven babyfaces with the 20inch long ears. Those are awful... other than that Im good with elf faces/hair although more is always better as long as they are good.

How about something to customize armor and weapons already in the game? Ive seen customizers that just let players choose between premade designs. Dalelands i think.
                  My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                  Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Originally posted by Farmboy2003 View Post
                    If anything you should obliterate those elven babyfaces with the 20inch long ears. Those are awful... other than that Im good with elf faces/hair although more is always better as long as they are good.
                    Those always creeped me out...

Comment

The removal of those heads is the primary reason for the appearance overhaul. I understand some people may like them (though personally I can't stand them) but they are completely out of keeping with the style of the other heads/races on the server and, perhaps more critically, are badly bugged.

But, it's always better to add options rather than remove them, hence looking for nice new heads to go in for a net gain.

How about something to customize armor and weapons already in the game? Ive seen customizers that just let players choose between premade designs. Dalelands i think.
                      An appearance changer is something for another thread, the staff have historically been rather unhappy with the way most of the Vault based offerings work. Given the potential for exploitation and hilarious bugs and memory leaks such unhappiness is warranted.

Revamping the current crafting system is one of our objectives for the restart though, and expanding the item customization capabilities of that would be the most obvious solution. But, it's another can of worms and not something that'll be covered by my aim here of adding cool looking shit.
                      Sydney Smith.

Comment

Ok, I am firmly in support of the botox elves and humans, because sadly it's the only thing that looks reasonably decent. Elves are otherwise *hideous* in the game, and the botox faces are still better than the anime faces. I am very excited about this.... I think having some better options will be a draw for some folks... does this mean that an appearance changer option is also being considered?
                        River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
                          does this mean that an appearance changer option is also being considered?
                          Depends on what you mean by appearance changer.

If you mean enabling people to change heads or haircuts, then no. There are no plans to implement that kind of thing, although you can consult with a dm about hair changes if need be as we have the power to do that kind of .bic change.

If you mean can I change the appearance of my clothing/armour, then I'll just direct you to my previous post. A better crafting system for creating and modifying cool shit is preferable to a system that, for instance, allows full plate helms to be changed to spectacles and heavy armour to look like lingerie.
                          Sydney Smith.

Comment

for instance, allows full plate helms to be changed to spectacles and heavy armour to look like lingerie.
                            As I was saying earlier, there's at least a couple of servers out there that has an item costumization do-hickey that goes around that. You cycle through accepted appearances for you current item, and click it. Bracers, gauntlets, torso everything is set. Players can make their own appearance in the toolset for DMs to incorporate into the appearance crafter thingamajig.

I've tried to search a bit for some elven heads on the vault.

There's the npcs from the OC: http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/hakpak/original-hakpak/playable-npc-heads.

They've got fixed heads and skin tint, but if you're looking for more options...

There's a small package of female elven heads here: http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/hakpak/original-hakpak/elf-heads-miss-o

They look kinda neat.

I can't be exactly sure if we have these in place? http://neverwintervault.org/project/...air-combo-pack

Is that the botox ones mentioned before?

This... this I'm kinda unsure about: http://neverwintervault.org/project/...-facelift-pack

They look really cool. But... maybe they are too pretty? (too pretty for an elf? I must be getting old) They're supposed to be touch-ups on the standard ones, but maybe they could go along together?

My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                            Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

This... this I'm kinda unsure about: http://neverwintervault.org/project/...-facelift-pack
                              I like this pack, seen it on other servers and it's one of the few face packs I really like.
                              Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                              Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                              Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                              Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                              Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                              Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Working...
                              X