Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the deal is with GD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the deal is with GD

So, folks may have noticed that the population has dropped lately, as has the DM presence.

Now, I can only speak for myself on this, but this population drop is very typical for the server around this time of year. Summer hits, and people are outside, enjoying the sunshine. Which is cool!

Adding to that is the DM burnout, I know at the very least on my part, as well as FE/BAMF. I at least need a break, and luckily for me I have a handy excuse. I'll be heading to Israel for a week, starting this evening, and my access to Sundren (much less the internet) will be limited to say in the least.

Furthermore, when I get back, I'm literally off the next day to Arizona for a wedding. So my plots/storylines are going to suffer not only player absence (except for the few of you diehards. You know who you are, and you're awesome) but DM absence as well.

Now, this isn't such a bad thing. I've completed about 90% of the events leading up to the finishing story, and we're right on the cusp of some really, really cool storyline advances.

Therefore, the deal is this: starting June 1st, I'll be back in full swing, and we'll be moving the plot lines forward. You can bet on it.

Until then though, I'll be on rarely, when I'm able. And hopefully you guys come back as recharged as I do!

-GD
    "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Been seeing a lot of worrisome-looking news articles coming from that part of the world. Do your best to stay safe and come back in one piece, friend!
    Player Login: IAmTheDragon
    Active Characters: Christof d'Alucon

Comment

Enjoy yourself, GD, and don't worry about ol' Sundren.

It'll still be here when you get back.

Comment

Maybe I can even talk a few folks out of the AFK room, to come hang out with me! Bweheheheh~.
        I can't tell you enough how happy I am to escape.

Comment

I haven't had internet due to a lack of funds. But I have finally heard back on another job. Drug test on Monday and hopefully start working the new job by the end of the week. And then get the web back up. Been missing my characters and their antics.
          Active Characters-
          Breeze Thundersong
          - Needle of Mielikki
          Zinsbog Nightjaw

Retired Characters-
          Alistair Smith
          - Anointed of the Broken

Comment

Finals were last week, therefore my personal absence. Passed some classes that I probably shouldn't have. Yey?

Lately I haven't been on because... well, not many people on, and the people that are on are usually soloing mobs. Catch 22 and all that. Those who have RP'd with me know that I'm very light on combat.

I threw in some stuff into Roleplay Central to make up for it. I'm going to also throw in some completely random stuff I found in an old composition book from like a year ago. The former is going to make sense to like 3 people a month from now, because spoilers ruin everything. Also my new character isn't sufficiently developed to post my normal stuff, so yeah.

Anyway, I have plenty of time off now. Expect to see me more soon.
            Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
            "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
            UTC -4

Comment

Still here and compared to the servers Sundren by far is # 1

Comment

I am still here too! I had some unexpected surgery so I am out for longer than I thought I would be. Hope to see you all soon. I would write stuff for the RP forum but I am not the best of writers fully functional....

See you all soon I hope!
                GMT -9

Comment

Since Seheren posted pictures of his trip, I will too! Off to home for a wedding today, but I'll be back! Here are a few of my favorites, taken with/by my sister:

The Hezekiah Tunnels, running under the City of David! Built to prevent the Assyrians from getting to the water supply, these tunnels are about a third of a mile long underground, with very little wiggle room to take pictures.

Climbing back up to the Old City.

My sister and I biking around Tel Aviv

Damascus Gate!

And finally, my awesome grandmother.

Comment

I personally enjoy your 'Don't feed the hipsters' shirt.

Glad you're havin a blast, man!
                    I can't tell you enough how happy I am to escape.

Comment

I'm with Moth- where the hell can I get one of those shirts?
                      River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
                        I'm with Moth- where the hell can I get one of those shirts?
                        Wish granted.
                        Mhaaj Anderhart, Halruaan thaumaturgist, Withering Lord of the Myrkulites. [* Retired.]
                        Gabriel Shadesoar - Hated-Errant of the Church of Bane.[* Retired.]

"What is the difference between the master and the beginner?

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."
                        - Stephan McCranie

Comment

That is too awesome. Walking the streets of such a ancient and historical city.
                          The Holy City!

Comment

Originally posted by Redjack View Post
                            That is too awesome. Walking the streets of such a ancient and historical city.
                            Very nice. Photos look great. Enjoy!
                            Cheers!

Comment

Hey folks, I'm back from vacation and ready to wrap up this event line. And as such, we'll be running the final event in two parts.

First, we'll be running the Sestran defense. The Doodle is here.

Depending on how this goes, it'll affect the second part of the event, for those others who were involved in it. I'll set that doodle up after this one.

I apologize for the times, but I'm working a 730 to 5 schedule every day, and weekends are the only times I have to run any events longer than two hours.

Hopefully see you all soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X