Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I quit playing evil characters

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless the point of this all is: Balance your RP out with PvP - and by that I mean that PvP is a necessity somewhat but I believe personally that character interaction without actual PvP should take priority. That's me though

Comment

I think this is a common misconception, that chaotic evil should be all run around doing random violent shit 'cause "whateva! I do what I want!" I'm gonna quote the SRD here:
      Chaotic Evil, "Destroyer"

A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If he is simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can be made to work together only by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him.

Chaotic evil is sometimes called "demonic" because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil.

Chaotic evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but also of the order on which beauty and life depend.
      At first glance it sounds like it supports the idea of just murder pillage loot destroy your way across the countryside. However my interpretation is that there is nuance: an agenda even if the agenda is chaos. Think the Joker in Batman: Dark Knight. He wanted to spread chaos and anarchy, but his method was not just walking into a crowded space and shooting everyone. He chose targets of maximum efficiency whose death or downfall would be the most dramatic and devastating. And he usually got into little chats with them first because it was more interesting that way. Be interesting!
      I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

I really think CE should be reserved for severe mental illness.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post
          This. A thousand times this.
          River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

Originally posted by Kasso View Post
            If I had any advice for you toupz regarding your evil characters, having had experience on the DM team at the time when you played Axxius.

It would be to take a back seat role to another evil character and help them with their plots, going out of your way as a villain to associate with good guys can set off alarm bells. Particularily when you attack them and haven't set up a lot of background with other villains.
            This is precisely what Toupz did. There was a considerable amount of RP and scheming that preceded the PvP event. Unfortunately, the circumstances surrounding the PvP were not ideal... but that does not mean that it was random.

Conversely, if player's characters are not directly involved in the event I suggest you hold judgment. Sometimes we can be quick to judge the actions of another without all of the relevant facts. What started as a plot line has now devolved into just plain anger, which has kinda derailed the whole thing.

Cheers!
            Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by ManUtd4Ever View Post
              Conversely, if player's characters are not directly involved in the event I suggest you hold judgment. Sometimes we can be quick to judge the actions of another without all of the relevant facts. What started as a plot line has now devolved into just plain anger, which has kinda derailed the whole thing.
              This sounds good to me.
              Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
              Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
              Well, you've probably missed it
              There was never anything there
              In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post
                This seems highly silly to me. Does a CN character who commits a few too many evil acts suddenly become a babbling lunatic incapable of walking through a village without inducing wanton, meaningless slaughter and destruction? No, not really.

People play CG and CN all the time, but for some reason everyone has this impression that CE means a character suddenly isn't driven by motivations, isn't capable of rational thought. A CE character who just goes around stabbing people at random is a poorly written character, and that's the end of it.
                WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

This is precisely what Toupz did. There was a considerable amount of RP and scheming that preceded the PvP event. Unfortunately, the circumstances surrounding the PvP were not ideal... but that does not mean that it was random.

Cheers!
                  If I had any advice for you toupz regarding your evil characters, having had experience on the DM team at the time when you played Axxius.
                  That is all.
                  Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                  Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                  Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                  Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                  Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                  Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Cheers!

Understandable, but it only applies to the one instance.. and not the other two or three that were totally unprovoked (Such as the 'praising Bhaal and murdering Jacob Smith for... reasons, I guess). One instance may have had relevance, but already he's got others that don't, and a very. long. history. of doing precisely this.
                    River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

I think this thread has run it's course.

Moderator Powers: Engaged.

Comment

Working...
                      X