Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I quit playing evil characters

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quit playing evil characters

Everyone who knows me should know i mostly play evil characters, well it seems all of my characters either get jailed or permadeath'd so i will try playing good characters from now on just felt like sharing. This won't be easy, but i will try to make a good alignment character.

You have to cool it on killing people, it's not a matter of you playing good or evil. You need to stop griefing.
    Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
    Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

If I had any advice for you toupz regarding your evil characters, having had experience on the DM team at the time when you played Axxius.

It would be to take a back seat role to another evil character and help them with their plots, going out of your way as a villain to associate with good guys can set off alarm bells. Particularily when you attack them and haven't set up a lot of background with other villains.

Hashart Datton is one of the few masterminds left on the server, and making your way to be his aid/right hand man would take you far in being a proper evil-aligned character.

Though I'd also like to point out, most of my characters that have been permed have had good alignment, if not good intentions. (Kyoko was neutral, but for the past few months of her life she was acting selfless, which lead to her death.)

Not being permed is as easy as not being radical, picking a middle of the road character, one who abstains from violence. And if they are violent, they need to know when to pick and choose their battles.

Either way, good luck, rooting for ya!
      Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
      Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
      Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
      Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
      Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
      Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Thanks a lot for the tips Kasso, i appreciate it a lot and Onyx i don't think i griefed, i followed the rules and i never picked on weak characters.

Comment

Being a troll is being a troll. "My character is insane" is a weak-ass reason.
          River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

Originally posted by OnyxTigress View Post
            You have to cool it on killing people, it's not a matter of you playing good or evil. You need to stop griefing.
            Originally posted by River
            Being a troll is being a troll. "My character is insane" is a weak-ass reason.
            He's not griefing, this is a bridge too far.

He is within the rules as they are stated. It won't win friends to play PVP like Halo, but that's his choice. Winning PVP may be highly important for him. But, there are consequences to that - namely, players will avoid you on the server if you're not offering rewarding interactions. It will be lonely for him, but let's not call it rule-breaking.
            "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
            -Bill Maher

Comment

Anyways i'm not ever getting into pvp i can see the conséquences of my acts, and my new character is neutral good

Comment

People feel griefed. It may not be officially breaking the rules, but if every person you pvp complains, maybe it's time to stop doing pvp.
                Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
                Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
                Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Shut up PL, you smell.

Toupz; learn to role-play before PvP. If you're going to fight someone, make the encounter interesting and enticing enough to let people want to continue a rivalry. There's nothing wrong with PvP in encounters, but twitch mechanisms of "Aha, your face has angered me because my character is INSANE!" is rule-breaking per this point;

-Players must have an in-character reason to attack the person. "My char hates people" is not a valid reason. Retroactively creating excuses for killing characters or deliberately seeking out PvP without valid reason is considered griefing and will not be tolerated.

Shut up, PL. Toupz, try again.
                  "Sir, we're surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction."

Comment

I've found when interacting in PvP, I usually have to have a pretty good reason other then: "I don't like you and you could possibly hurt me!"

Maybe a grave offence, or complete rudeness. I'll usually not even slay in PvP either as I highly prefer to Subdual. PvP is fun but only if done right, with good reason, and with proper RP INCLUDED. Some people seem to think for PvP you just flag and bag the kill (Or attempt), but creating interaction can make things way more fun- if not eliminate the need for PvP at all.

Good luck!

Comment

I understand everyone, i'm sorry i didn't know people felt that way about me....well i'm glad now i know and can change things because i love rping in Sundren

Comment

Playing Good to avoid PvP on this server won't work. The only difference is that the Good Guys are allowed to.

Good luck though.
                        Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
                        Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
                        Well, you've probably missed it
                        There was never anything there
                        In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Originally posted by Vaelek View Post
                          Shut up PL, you smell.
                          -Players must have an in-character reason to attack the person. "My char hates people" is not a valid reason.
                          Originally posted by cmosier View Post
                          Playing Good to avoid PvP on this server won't work. The only difference is that the Good Guys are allowed to.

We should really make 'being a Paladin' not a valid reason as well, just to level the playing field.
                          WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

Originally posted by Rekov View Post
                            We should really make 'being a Paladin' not a valid reason as well, just to level the playing field.
                            LOL! Agree'd xD

Comment

Paladins should be magnets for trouble, they are symbols as much as they are warriors. Bring it on, I say!
                              I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

Working...
                              X