Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warlock Revamp - Upcoming Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance the Feat "Extra Invocation" from Complete Arcane might make it in also? Basically you trade a feat for an extra invocation of any grade at least 1 level lower than your current highest level of invocation (e.g., if you can cast Greater Invocations, you can spend a feat to choose an extra invocation of Lesser or lower level).

Also, any chance warlocks might be able to get a "Practiced Spellcaster"-like feat?

Sorry, I keep thinking of things and just posting. =[
    Last edited by wangxiuming; 12-21-2013, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
      Does the half warlock level for spell resist affect eldritch blasts only or all warlock invocations?

I'm going to say that the NWN2wiki only mentions it for Blasts and blast Essences (Aside from Vitrolic). I am only 80% Certain though!
      Characters:

Elizabeth Brooks
      Human Cleric of Tyr, Initiate of the Just
      Vivian Shadechild
      Wanderer of Innocence and Hugs

Useful Information for Casters:
      Sundren Spell Costs | Custom Sundren Spells

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
        That's how it works in pen & paper, except I'm being kind making it a 24 hour chicken if you succeed will. How it works in P&P is you're that shape but you don't lose the IQ and stuff if you will save so you can try to cluck around and find someone to turn you back.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/balefulPolymorph.htm

Eventually you might BECOME a chicken in P&P!
        Hi,

is it wise? I can't see any chicken trying to convince me it's nothing more, than pesky dinner. I'd slit it's throat and throw it in the pot the second I'd get hungry. I see a heap of goody paladins suddenly recognizing it's not a chicken, but their old friend or they will carry it about as long as they accidentally meet the proper "hey I have true seeing" friend. One way or the other, nobody will let me perma kill/"eat" their buddy (not that I'd enjoy perma-killing somebody, just my toon would definitely eat it).

We face the "perma-kill" vs "metagaming" situation I think.

Just my two cents.
        Tupoun v.r.

Comment

Is the Dimensional Door update going to be added to Flee the Scene? I don't see why I can't touch someone and move them with me =x
          Characters:

Elizabeth Brooks
          Human Cleric of Tyr, Initiate of the Just
          Vivian Shadechild
          Wanderer of Innocence and Hugs

Useful Information for Casters:
          Sundren Spell Costs | Custom Sundren Spells

Comment

Originally posted by Tupoun View Post
            Hi,

is it wise? I can't see any chicken trying to convince me it's nothing more, than pesky dinner. I'd slit it's throat and throw it in the pot the second I'd get hungry. I see a heap of goody paladins suddenly recognizing it's not a chicken, but their old friend or they will carry it about as long as they accidentally meet the proper "hey I have true seeing" friend. One way or the other, nobody will let me perma kill/"eat" their buddy (not that I'd enjoy perma-killing somebody, just my toon would definitely eat it).

We face the "perma-kill" vs "metagaming" situation I think.

Just my two cents.
            I think most people might do that, buuuut, it's also possible for people to roll sense motive, knowledge nature, etc and probably go "THAT'S A WIERD CHICKEN!"

Personally, I don't see much difference than our druids who walk around as rabbits right now. And least this was inflicted on them by someone else

Comment

Good point. Im going to break Nora's neck and skin her next time she comes up to Abby as a bunny. Oh that'd be funny!

Ya these sound like good changes, and I guess other people already have baneful polymorph... though they actually have to prepare it and can only use it a few times rather than every 6 seconds.

I have a suspcion PvE will be a pretty predictable affair. One by one, monsters will turn into chickens throughout an encounter. Someone will have to start a KFC in Sundren. Genetically modified horrible chicken monsters for all!

Comment

My tests on it show it's not that easy to succeed. I had to cast on a guy with 5 fort save 7 times before it worked XD

Comment

The most important question is whether that lovely roast will turn back into a person after 24 hours.

A stomach full of chicken thighs is one thing, but if they suddenly became a stomach full of human thighs...
                  It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                  Sydney Smith.

Comment

actually that's a wonderful question. Would a dead polymorphed person revert to their natural state? Like a lycanthrope?

Comment

I ordered chicken soup, not this pork broth!
                      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                      Sydney Smith.

Comment

When can we expect this to be implemented? Also, would current warlocks be offered rebuilds?
                        Active:
                        Lazklesh: Water-soul, Fury of Auril
                        Vlad A'dier: Arrow of Akadi, Blackwood Merc
                        Jobella Nightjaw: Hunteress and blood spiller

Retired:
                        Anosh Lis'lahoul: The ghoul of Serrano, The Nameless Monk. Accepted his fate, and accepted death at the hands of his master.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladadier View Post
                          When can we expect this to be implemented? Also, would current warlocks be offered rebuilds?
                          It's 90% done, I need to think up a few more feats. Then it'll be done.

And yes, rebuilds will be offered and pretty much required to advantage.

Comment

Working...
                          X