Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Thoughts on Community Haks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sylvanas_Kathar View Post
    there are several haks out now that generally improve things for some classes (i.e., the several warlock haks that fix their invocations).

However, later on, I wouldn't mind seeing you guys implement the PrC--more classes means more RP opportunities!
    I'm not a fan of the PrC. Sundren will focus primarily on independent developments and use very little in terms of "public domain" content. However I do think players would benefit from additional classes eventually.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

If I find an interesting way to implement Blood Magus, you'll all be the first to know.

Comment

I would also like to see added content as it seems to bring more ideas to the game that the devolpers might have missed or not been able to include in game.
        Did I mention I hate Cats?

Comment

On Haks and Installations

With installers, the easier you make it on me, as a player, to deal with haks and other important files, the happier I will be in the long run. Massive amounts of extra faces makes for a much more diverse community. Allowing Tieflings multiple horn choices, small wings and tails and Aasimar wings with more tattoo choices for instance... These things allow for a much more colorful community. Casual clothing, more armor colors, weapon dyes... these things are important no matter how trivial they may seem. I would love to see a mass amount of diversity content upon first setting foot in Sundren.

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
          "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
          Eldraxus Tzyvioq
          Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

Originally posted by Grigori View Post
            With installers, the easier you make it on me, as a player, to deal with haks and other important files, the happier I will be in the long run. Massive amounts of extra faces makes for a much more diverse community. Allowing Tieflings multiple horn choices, small wings and tails and Aasimar wings with more tattoo choices for instance... These things allow for a much more colorful community. Casual clothing, more armor colors, weapon dyes... these things are important no matter how trivial they may seem. I would love to see a mass amount of diversity content upon first setting foot in Sundren.
            If you want all of that you better tell Obsidian to fix their scripting functions. Alot of them are broken right now, even sitting.

Dying doesn't work.
            Crafting to shape armor doesn't work.
            Wings might work, but if I recall only like, one wing model fits on a character.
            Etc, etc.

NWN2 is a step backwards in alot of ways unfortunately.

Comment

Yeah, I really liked NWN1's crafting system. 'Specially after it went through the CEP Awesome-ifier(TM). Every suit of armor, every set of casual clothing, was different. Unfortunately, even NWN suffered clone-itis with it's eight voice choices (Hey, I have the same battlecry as you! And you too!) and faces (Even after CEP... "Hey, that guy has my face! And my hair!"). Hopefully the dyes/armor crafting will get fixed (I bet that's patch 1.07), there's really not too much anyone can do about faces/hairstyles/voicesets, especially now that they're a much higher poly count than NWN1's heads.
              Character(s)
              >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
              ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

Apparently I stand alone on this issue. I personally would like to see downloads kept to a minimum, but should we be required to download a bunch of stuff I'll be the last person to complain.
                - Faltru

Comment

Working...
                X