Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Thoughts on Community Haks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Thoughts on Community Haks

Soulbadguy mentioned a head-hak in this thread: http://www.sundren.org/forum//showpo...08&postcount=9

It would be nice to have that multiple head hak. I was playing on another NWN2 server a few weeks ago and I couldn't stand having the same head and face as a half a dozen other characters . Ontop of that your running around with the same type of armor haha..i thought i had twins. I know its not really top priority. But it would be nice to have if the head hak is detailed out. Godbeast might know what im talking about.
    This got me thinking... If players have to download our installer which installs our PWC file, campaign folder, and world map files-- then why not possibly put a hak file or two in there as well?

The benefits are left to you guys, the players. It may be a head hak, perhaps new clothing, or something completely different. I would like to take this opportunity to have an open discussion if people would be against having the client installer filesize increase by a few megs in order to get some extra content. Would this pull or push you away from the server? Can anyone agree on a hak or two they would like to see in Sundren?
    Absolutely, I would love to see more content!
    83.33%
    No, keep the downloads as small as possible!
    8.33%
    I don't care either way
    8.33%
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Saulus,
    While I am relatively new here. I wouldn't be against a few extra Megs on a download for "simple" extra content. Heads, clothes, armors, etc... . Just keep it simple. By No means try and put together a mega-hak before you even make the world "alpha". Just my 2 pennies.

Comment

I have experience throwing together haks and I can safely say under no circumstances would I waste or have the time to waste formulating a super-hak for Sundren when most if not all of my free time is needed for various other Sundren-related tasks. Rest assured it will follow the KISS method-- keep it simple, stupid.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I wouldn't have any problem downloading extra content.
        The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present.

Character: Melrick Pinton

Comment

If the hak's add to the game then all the better. I know a few that I'm fond of, mostly the weapon appearance ones, and new armour tinting for instance.

Not asking for the naked people ones, but just simple things that some of the moding community have 'upgraded' from the original game.

Can't hurt can it?
          There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

I, personally, wouldn't mind a megahak full of crazy new custom content... But I know a lot of people would. If I recall correctly, some of the biggest NWN1 PW's were hakless, and strived to stay that way... Even when it probably would have been better to use a few
            Character(s)
            >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
            ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

The content that came with the game could definitely be improved. I have never noticed the head thing, but the armor is generally same-y and boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Marknsaw View Post
                Saulus,
                While I am relatively new here. I wouldn't be against a few extra Megs on a download for "simple" extra content. Heads, clothes, armors, etc... . Just keep it simple. By No means try and put together a mega-hak before you even make the world "alpha". Just my 2 pennies.
                I agree with this one.
                I dont have problem with haks, but dont do mega haks at the begining, moreover I think the server should start without any haks at all and only later add it.

Comment

I'd be happy with aesthetic haks, but I'd prefer to avoid any that added content to the game mechanics. I've always shied away from PWs that had too many rules modifications, because keeping them all straight when you play on a number of different servers is such a bother.

Comment

I agree with the above statement, hence there really won't be any. I'm happy to see on the NWN2 forums people starting to design heads. Everyone looking the same is the biggest issue I have in NWN2 right now for appearances.

Comment

I agree with Godbeast of course.

Yeah I welcome haks.. I think appearance haks would be great. Alot of the mega haks in NWN were mostly tileset stuff and other nonsense things ( PRC stuff... new classes etc.). We won't need tilesets in NWN2 because the toolset provides so much variety anyways.

I agree.. haks that would benefit the server in away to help customize your personal character would do great for this server in my opinion.
                      Current: Dae'Vesta, freaky female half-drow assassin

Like Metal ? ----> http://www.myspace.com/cryofsickness2008

Comment

Tilesets have their benefits, especially in reducing server load. Huge pain to do well, though...

Comment

I've been looking at more of the Hak Paks and there are some really good stuff coming about. The new clothing are looking really nice. I've seen a few heads (female ones particularly) that are looking good too.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the skimpy outfits on here (female ones) . But thats just me and well maybe some others.
                          Current: Dae'Vesta, freaky female half-drow assassin

Like Metal ? ----> http://www.myspace.com/cryofsickness2008

Comment

Skimpy outfits are part of D&D.

/approved

Comment

there are several haks out now that generally improve things for some classes (i.e., the several warlock haks that fix their invocations).

However, later on, I wouldn't mind seeing you guys implement the PrC--more classes means more RP opportunities!
                              "The Weave is the source of all magic in Faerun, and I would give my life to protect it!"
                              Selene Canadiel--Knight of the Weave
                              "I have failed you once....I will not fail you again!"
                              Sylvanas Kathar--Thayan Knight

Comment

Working...
                              X