Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unconcious and Regeration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unconcious and Regeration

Situation... You are subdued and have regen... Should you still have to wait for the player to tell you that you can wake since you have items or other means that make ALL of your wounds heal... including concussions and such.

My opinion... Wait until half health before waking... 3/4 health to be fully mobile assuming they haven't tried to bind you.

Anyone else have thoughts on this, or am I just a complete idiot?
    Active:
    Lazklesh: Water-soul, Fury of Auril
    Vlad A'dier: Arrow of Akadi, Blackwood Merc
    Jobella Nightjaw: Hunteress and blood spiller

Retired:
    Anosh Lis'lahoul: The ghoul of Serrano, The Nameless Monk. Accepted his fate, and accepted death at the hands of his master.

I'll just say that the wounds you receive should be obviously healing before you wake. This provides notice that the captor should do something quick, before you wake up. Like hit you harder.
    "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

this actually brings up another question:

Is a regeneration ring closer to the 8th level regeneration spell, or closer to the "vigor" spell? Can you, for example reattach severed limbs while wearing a regen ring.

If the answer is that its more akin to a "vigor" spell, than is vigor an effect that is essentially revitalizing your fatigue so you aren't exhausted (a very common interpretation of loosing HP is exhaustion until you get dangerously low), or is it actually closing wounds?

I know the spell description is somewhat vague, just saying you gain "fast healing" of 2hp per round which doesn't really explain if it closes wounds, or act more like the spell's name would suggest, and reinvigorate you from fatigue.

Ive always RPed vigor being more to do with fatigue than actual wounds, and certainly not on par with the 8th level Regeneration spell. How does the staff interpret these things?

Comment

Originally posted by [DM] Grinning Death View Post
        I'll just say that the wounds you receive should be obviously healing before you wake. This provides notice that the captor should do something quick, before you wake up. Like hit you harder.
        So would it be safe to say that if you regen half your health, and they have done nothing that its fair to RP your waking? If So... would it also be fair to say that 3/4 health is also fair for you to try and escape if they have done nothing to keep you there, like knock you back out, or bind you?
        Active:

Retired:
        Anosh Lis'lahoul: The ghoul of Serrano, The Nameless Monk. Accepted his fate, and accepted death at the hands of his master.

Comment

This definitely needs to be cleared up, and needs some sort of clarification. As far as I have been made aware, if you've been knocked down in subdual, you're done and you've lost the fight. You can't get up and flee.
          Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
          Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
          Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

As far as I have been made aware, if you've been knocked down in subdual, you're done and you've lost the fight. You can't get up and flee.
            This is and will continue to be the rule.

Comment

Clarification is in order... The subdued rule was made before items like regen rings made readily available. I feel like if you don't bind them, or RP some way of keeping them from getting up then they should be able to act... It's magical regeneration... The same regen that allows trolls to regrow limbs and such.

Example... Anosh and Landristin captured Galen... He was healing fast, so we used the Use Rope Skill to bind him.

The staying unconscious thing until they tell you that you can wake makes no sense to me if someone is regenerating.
              Active:

Retired:

Comment

For the record, I had been typing up a response to say that I was going to be binding the person who was knocked out, but never got a chance to hit enter as things went awry.
                Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
                Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
                Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Right... Which is why I wait until 1/2 health to act awake, and 3/4 to escape. I feel it gives them ample time to act.

I feel like with the current rule. The use rope and escape artist skills are useless. Even with the current rule, you should still have to bind someone if you are capturing. You don't just toss the unconscious body in the back of a cart and say oh they won't wake up... You would bind them for transport.
                  Active:

Retired:

Comment

Originally posted by Vladadier
                    Clarification is in order... The subdued rule was made before items like regen rings made readily available.
                    Originally posted by OnyxTigress
                    As far as I have been made aware, if you've been knocked down in subdual, you're done and you've lost the fight. You can't get up and flee.
                    Originally posted by Lotus
                    This is and will continue to be the rule.
                    See the wiki for further clarification. We're not going to make regeneration items available to every faction to equalize PvP rules. Knocked out is knocked out, period. You don't get to put a time limit on people's actions over your unconscious form based on how quickly you can regenerate HP. For one character, that might be 3 minutes. For another, it might only be 60 seconds. The clarification is as the rule stands on the wiki. Period.

Comment

What Lotus said.

The speed of people typing and the speed that time-tick-based abilities such as regeneration are not one and the same. Without DM involvement, you may need to agree among players how much time certain actions may be taken in regards to this, using common sense. If it's just conversation taking into consideration a recently fallen character whose bruises turn to fair skin and wounds seal up as if nothing was there before, a few minutes of conversation between conscious characters typing their responses would only take a few seconds of rushed dialogue.

Comment

And I'm not giving every faction access to regeneration items and standardizing all regeneration items to be equal in power just so everyone can play with the same PvP etiquette.

Comment

This ruling makes sense to me. In my opinion, Knocked out is knocked out, even if you're healing. You can regenerate while being unconscious, and your level of health doesn't correspond to whether your character is awake or not.

Comment

I cite for source material the X-Men movies, names X-2. Wolverine gets shot in the head and regenerates back to full health, but does not regain consciousness while this is going on, it is more the last "tick" of his regen. Makes sense, really, as being awake is secondary to healing the bulletwound.
                            I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

Originally posted by sonuvalich View Post
                              I cite for source material the X-Men movies, names X-2. Wolverine gets shot in the head and regenerates back to full health, but does not regain consciousness while this is going on, it is more the last "tick" of his regen. Makes sense, really, as being awake is secondary to healing the bulletwound.
                              This is a horrible example, Since he got shot in the head. Given the damage a bullet causes to the human brain. Of course he didn't wake up. That's because his brain most likely wasn't completely repaired... But anyways it's obvious I'm in the wrong, so I will drop it.
                              Active:

Retired:

Comment

Working...
                              X