Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vampires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampires

Lately, there have been quite a few inquiries about the state of having a character that is a vampire, and I'd just like to thank everyone who so far has been seeking me in character, and I hope to those I've talked to oocly, I've been able to help.

I just wanted to give some advice about the state of vampires on Sundren. Being a vampire pc is not a task that everyone will be able to accomplish. It's a reward that the dm team will hand out after evaluating the rp and to make sure that the person is able to handle everything that comes along with being a vampire. Not everyone who wishes to be a vampire will reach that goal, and I am sure the dm team will want to make sure there are not a swarm of them running rampant on the server.

If anyone has any questions about what entails playing a vampire pc, feel free to send me a pm and I will do my best to answer. I look forward to further interactions with people, and please do not let the thought of perhaps not getting to be a vampire hinder you from trying to seek it in the future.
    Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
    Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Originally posted by OnyxTigress
    I look forward to further interactions with people, and please do not let the thought of perhaps not getting to be a vampire hinder you from trying to seek it in the future.
    If you can't become a vampire then become an embittered vampire hunter! Seriously, there are already a ton of vampire players on Sundren its surprising we aren't all enslaved by them already.

So, be cool! Make a hunter!
    UTC+8
    Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
    Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

There's a reason why we have the Mater of Radiance PrC open to all... pew pew undead-slaying laserbeams.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

dammit Saulus, I literally LOLed at that.

Also, generic disintegrates tend to be awesome at killing vampires (low fort saves) PROVIDED you can hit them with it.
        (This does not apply to the daily vampire whose saves might as well just all say "yes")
        I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

This is a topic that has come up from time to time over the years. I would like to reassure those of goodly persuasion on a couple of matters. Yes, vampires have ECL and a variety of special abilities. They can be very hard to drive off one vs one, without preparation. Emphasis on that last bit.

However, they have a number of hard mechanical limitations. Daylight isn't just RP, there's a scripted sunlight exposure effect. There are certain classes with distinct advantages vs vampires, as mentioned above. Also, there are various anti-vampire measures available in-game, some more obvious than others.

There are reasons they haven't overrun the valley yet.

Comment

Considering the boatload of RP limitations that are forced on them, i'd say they are pretty fair when you weigh the good against the bad.

Throw garlic at them, their reactions are priceless.
            Power corrupts; Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Comment

Or holy up a holy symbol and yell, "THE POWER OF _____ COMPELS YOU!"
              Step in front of a runaway train -
              just to feel alive again.
              Pushing forward through the night,
              aching chest and blurry sight.

It's so far, so far away~
              It's so far, so far away~

Cold wind blows into the skin,
              can't believe the state you're in.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS1BkF-TBng
                Valkrum Stormaxe - Blackwood Grunt

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodriki View Post
                  Or holy up a holy symbol and yell, "BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!"
                  If you reallllly want to scare them....

Originally posted by sonuvalich View Post
                  dammit Saulus, I literally LOLed at that.

Also, generic disintegrates tend to be awesome at killing vampires (low fort saves) PROVIDED you can hit them with it.
                  (This does not apply to the daily vampire whose saves might as well just all say "yes")
                  Eh? Why do they have crap Fort saves? What if they're a Fighter or Cleric? :S
                  UTC+8
                  Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                  Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Originally posted by Mermillion View Post
                    Throw garlic at them, their reactions are priceless.
                    Just be careful, they are sometimes known to throw things back.

But Intrepid is indeed correct, if we are out during the day, we make a pretty sight as we stand there burning. And along with the master of radiance class that Saulus mentioned, there is also the morninglord of Lathander class.

Don't make those, they're terrible. (I'm not biased, I promise)
                    Diary of Olivia

Comment

Originally posted by OnyxTigress View Post
                      the morninglord of Lathander class.

Don't make those, they're terrible. (I'm not biased, I promise)
                      I agree, stick to making Black Guards, Divine Champions of Bane, or of course any other in the Black Hand.

Everyone should thus except the fact that being evil is the best. (Unless Dain is smiting you! Then you just run)
                      Active Characters
                      Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
                      Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
                      Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
                      Dorin Hammond- Scout
                      Seith Ronson- Master of War
                      "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
                      Socrates
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jhickey View Post
                        (Unless Dain is smiting you! Then you just run)
                        Usually by the time Dain is smiting you, it's far too late to run because you're already dead.
                        Diary of Olivia

Comment

Originally posted by OnyxTigress View Post
                          Usually by the time Dain is smiting you, it's far too late to run because you're already dead.
                          Is sad but true!
                          Active Characters
                          Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
                          Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
                          Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
                          Dorin Hammond- Scout
                          Seith Ronson- Master of War
                          "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
                          Socrates
                          sigpic

Comment

While playing a vampire is an extreme honor, and a goal to be aspired to by some, it's often glamorized, as one might imagine. Daylight restrictions, being hunted 24/7.... or at least 12/7. I could not help but think of this, helpful or not helpful, you decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1glNuQiE77E
                            [COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][I][B]Landristin Ly[/B][/I][/COLOR][I][B][COLOR=Blue]onstongue[/COLOR][/B][/I]: Ancient, Child of Colibrus. Advisor of Colibrus, Emissary of Sestra, Magistrate of Sestra.

-[I]Not fond of morning walks on the beach.[/I]
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRNhDwqgq8

Sums it up for me...
                              It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                              Sydney Smith.

Comment

Working...
                              X