Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamespy problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamespy problem

When I tried this morning to connect with Gamespy, I got an "unknown connection error" and no servers showed up on the servers page. When I tried to refresh the servers, the game crashed. When I tried to Direct Connect, I got a server timeout error.

I get the same Gamespy error, empty server page and crash on refresh with my other server, but Direct Connect works as it should.

Anyone know what's going on?
    Cheers,
    Dave
    ================
    Tery Mard

Same thing happened to me last night after a load screen freeze. After some Zerg killing a half hour later it worked again
    Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
    Cybil Gelley (Retired)
    Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

I have no idea what's happening, but the same thing is happening to me as well. Sundren still shows in my Favorites, and Direct Connect works, but otherwise no servers are listed for me in the RP section.

Comment

I get this at my school because they block ports. But maybe gamespy is giving up on the server list?

Tas Krita- Thayan
        Ashen - MoMF

Comment

So it seems that the problem with this is that the servers that hosted the server lists for nwn and nwn2 have been taken down by the company that owns Gamespy.
          Originally posted by Satoshi
          Boobs > You. Cornuto: 0 Cat: 1
          Originally posted by Cornuto
          Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Neve...5193845-1.html

Tas Krita- Thayan
            Ashen - MoMF

Comment

Looks like it's over? With the lists gone that would be a large hit on playerbase growth.

Comment

Over? Not by a long shot.

Just means that servers need to advertise their existence through other means; be it a master list, community made browser, xfire, etc...

In the mean time it's direct connects all round.
                It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                Sydney Smith.

Comment

Gamespy was bought out, the new owners did an 'audit' of games they maintained a server list for but weren't paid by the publisher.

All I can say is "Fuck you".

For what it took them to maintain those systems, it should have been gamer good-will. The server list will never come back, it's direct connect only now.
                  The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by pixiegirl View Post
                    Looks like it's over? With the lists gone that would be a large hit on playerbase growth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71vqGyWTs3c
                    Originally posted by Saulus
                    Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Awesome video reply Cornuto.

Still this makes me sad. I have my own module I've been working on that will be ready to start testing in a few weeks and now I won't have anyone to test it. The random dungeon generation is cool too. I am now wondering if I should bother continuing development on it...
                      Account Name: LuvHandles
                      Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
                      Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
                      Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
                      Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
                      Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
                      Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                        (snip)The server list will never come back, it's direct connect only now.
                        Sad news, but inevitable, I suppose.

Could we revisit the info needed for direct connect? I remember there being a problem quite some time ago. We were told to use the Gamespy list, which I have done ever since. The direct connect info I have from that time doesn't work.
                        Cheers,
                        Dave
                        ================
                        Tery Mard

Comment

Forum header:

Server name: Sundren.org | GameType: RolePlay | IP: nwn.sundren.org:5125 | Game Version: 1.23 MotB/SoZ

Does this not work?
                          Originally posted by Saulus
                          Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornuto View Post
                            Forum header:

Server name: Sundren.org | GameType: RolePlay | IP: nwn.sundren.org:5125 | Game Version: 1.23 MotB/SoZ

Does this not work?
                            I don't follow you. Where would this info be entered?
                            Cheers,
                            Dave
                            ================
                            Tery Mard

Comment

Try nwn.sundren.org:5125 ... I may not have updated the nwn.sundren.org DNS to the latest IP I can't remember.
                              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X