Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bardic Inspiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are terrible.

Comment

+2 DC on bardic power 'Fascinate'
      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
      Sydney Smith.

Comment

Bluff, bluff, bluff, bluff the stupid ogre.
        Originally posted by Cornuto
        Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

I've always like to think of the Inspirations as has been said... sort of in the background, not really a song. I think of it the same way the Leadership feat and Natural leader background work - just something there that you can't put your finger on, but being around the person makes you feel all warm and fuzzy in side.
          Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
          Cybil Gelley (Retired)
          Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiangtao View Post
            I think the key word is inspiration. Folks often interchange it with song. It is preposterous to think a bard would sing continuously to keep an inspiration active.

And regarding hips there are plenty of ways it should be regulated but isn't by game mechanics. Supernatural yes but shadow dancers still need shadow to use it. I see the most absurd explanations when challenged on that front.
            Shadows are facilitated by light; so yes, the shadowdancer plays his best game in broad daylight. Im not getting into HiPS again, there has been like 101 threads on it.
            Originally posted by roguethree
            If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

That is my point - the mechanics of HIPS in game make it very difficult to regulate by PVP rules. A DM would rule how much shadow was available for hiding; can't do it in-game. It is a similar circumstance for bards, because the inspiration mechanics about who was affected, what singing or inspiration was required, etc. can not be controlled. There are some things we need to shrug our shoulders about and say, unless a DM is present, I'm just going to roll with what NWN2 presents me.

Comment

Yeah, sadly.

It is a real shame that NWN2s stealth system is so utterly borked given that rogues tend to play such a large part of the fantasy gaming world.

Sadly, we've got what we've got and I doubt we'll ever get the same kind of game again unless some indy developers go crazy and do it. Even the last, best hope of Pathfinder has gone all MMO.
                It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
                  Yeah, sadly.

It is a real shame that NWN2s stealth system is so utterly borked given that rogues tend to play such a large part of the fantasy gaming world.

Sadly, we've got what we've got and I doubt we'll ever get the same kind of game again unless some indy developers go crazy and do it. Even the last, best hope of Pathfinder has gone all MMO.
                  Im quite happy with my 8+ skill points per level. EVERY decent rp character has to have a bit of rogue in for me (excluding perhaps barbarians ,bards, rangers and druids because they get tons of SP already). Its just the way I roll... stealth be damned!
                  Last edited by Thief Of Navarre; 05-13-2012, 04:02 PM.
                  Originally posted by roguethree
                  If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                  X