Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst part of making a character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well a rogue / paladin could just be a roguish fellow who was taken on as a squire and led toward a more righteous path. Bit of a cliché storyline, but it works :3
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Comment

Originally posted by roguethree View Post
      Hold up, hold up. When the DM says "Skill check," if you don't say, "...shit," then you're not getting the full paladin experience.

I can totally see a rogue/paladin, though. There are a lot of skills that can turn a paladin into a stalker of evil (versus a big, shiny bug zapper of evil), and just imagine being able to spot the sneaky bastards!

Sounds like you're discussing a Shadowbane Stalker
      Account Name: LuvHandles
      Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
      Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
      Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
      Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
      Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
      Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

No, I was talking about a good class.
        Originally posted by Cornuto
        Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

I remember when HM and I first started playing here, HM was a rogue/paladin with Darius and had the intention to go Shadowbane Stalker. I distinctly remember him telling me, "Hey honey, this Dain guy says that's a dumb idea and I should be a full paladin. I think I'm going to reroll. He seems like he knows what he's talking about."

True story.

/threadjack

Comment

^
            ll
            ll
            Yet another example of Dain's unresistable charm and charisma.

Originally posted by roguethree View Post
            Hold up, hold up. When the DM says "Skill check," if you don't say, "...shit," then you're not getting the full paladin experience.
            There really should be a message that pops up in the chat box that says "You just remember to stand there and look pretty" anytime the DM asks Ryland(a) for a roll and he's not even a paladin. (He's not even a he right now either but I still love you anyway Kasso)

Back on topic, the worst part of charcter creation for me is getting the PC to actually look the way I want them to.
            Ashard Velmont - Gentleman scoundrel
            Ryland Padant - A dedicated soul

Comment

Dain only powerbuilds because I told him to.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

That's actually true.

I still put skill points in cross-class perform and knowledges.
                Originally posted by Cornuto
                Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

I always imagined Keldorn firecam as a paladin/rogue for some reason. Strikes me as the type *shrugs*

*edit* Back on topic as many of you have said: Finding a character that is flexible enough to survive sundren without becoming stale. That's the test of a character's worth imo!
                  Originally posted by roguethree
                  If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Rogue / Paladin is actually really good as a class choice because one of a paladin's main weaknesses is that they come up against a row of traps and a locked door and they're screwball scrambled. That said, I have to agree with RogueThree in that a paladin's interractions with a sly roguish character can make for some delightful roleplay. It's sometimes worth building in a weakness just for the sake of roleplay.
                    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Comment

The only locked door that stands a chance against righteous fury is at least 2 feet thick and made of adamantine. And, I don't know about Sundren, but most places don't have doors of that quality just standing around. Traps, however... those are a problem for the standard tincan.
                      Active
                      Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
                      Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

Working...
                      X