Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PrC Review: BG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a requirement from the sourcebooks. I'm skeptical that you can be a mortal fiend and think you're still a paladin.
    Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

What about when that friendly contact involves an Erinyes pretending to be an angel, and manipulating the now-fallen paladin?
      Active
      Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
      Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

The human mind is exceptionally good at lying to itself, it certainly wouldn't be common and I probably wouldn't let anyone play it in a campaign, but I can see someone convincing themselves that they're still justified and ancient, despite having made a pact with an outsider.

I normally use the Cyric sponsored group of Ilmatarians as an example for this kind of thing.
        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
        Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
          The human mind is exceptionally good at lying to itself, it certainly wouldn't be common and I probably wouldn't let anyone play it in a campaign, but I can see someone convincing themselves that they're still justified and ancient, despite having made a pact with an outsider.

I normally use the Cyric sponsored group of Ilmatarians as an example for this kind of thing.
          Yeah the whole adding your charisma to your saving throws is kind of creepy. I never have trusted paladins or anyone else who derives save bonuses from their 'Force of Personality' rather than good old fashioned grounded common sense :0
          Originally posted by roguethree
          If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Well, yeah, but lying to yourself into believing you're a Paladin is just flat out insanity rather than anything else.
            Running across the mountains, attacking with an oversized scalpel, cometh Helga Great-Wyrm! And she gives a mighty bellow:
            "Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! You are made of meat and I am very hungry!"

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
              Well, yeah, but lying to yourself into believing you're a Paladin is just flat out insanity rather than anything else.
              Thus the insanity bonus to saving throws. See my reasoning here? Only insane creatures use charisma for anything.
              Originally posted by roguethree
              If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
              X