Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class Review: Monk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowmane View Post
    This is another 3rd edition WotC bastardization of D&D. I am kind of old school, and I don't like a great many thing that they did to Forgotten realms in 3rd Edition.
    TSR D&D > WotC D&D, with that being said I also agree that Monks in the West are a far far place from home.
    "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

The problem with saying that monks not belonging or belonging in the west with the arguements presented is everyone is drawing their conclusions, opinions and parallels from world history and not FR lore. Most of the Monk orders I can even find lore on using the internet are for western Faerunian Deities and references to the western monastic traditions arising both in Amn and Calimshan at roughly the same time.
      "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."
      Yogi Berra

Learn things:http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
      http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Comment

Originally posted by Dragor View Post
        The problem with saying that monks not belonging or belonging in the west with the arguements presented is everyone is drawing their conclusions, opinions and parallels from world history and not FR lore. Most of the Monk orders I can even find lore on using the internet are for western Faerunian Deities and references to the western monastic traditions arising both in Amn and Calimshan at roughly the same time.
        Which has probably had their lore created following the release of 3rd Edition. There is not nearly as large as a following from the Far East as there is in the western lands of Faerun. There is also a reason why our opinions are similar with world history as that is basically what the Far East and Oriental Adventures is all based off of.
        "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

Working...
        X