Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class Review: Bard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowmane View Post
    Would this be a Disney princess class? Like Snow White whistling to birds to make them do her bidding? Or maybe Pocahontas?
    It's pretty close to that! The Green Whisperer: 5 level PRC that stacks Bardic Lore and Druid + Bard casting levels, you also get a couple of DC bonuses against animals and can confuse plants.

A fun class.
    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
    Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen View Post
      Bards unable to be of lawful alignment is one of the silliest things ever designed.

And without adding any justification or arguement to that statement other than the statement itself, I'll just go ahead and leave it at that.
      I concur.

That said, Em's alignment fluctuates. She got a Chaotic shift the other day for doing certain stuff that anyone who bothers to read my long-winded journal posts would know.

Comment

It makes as much sense as the Barbarian non-lawful alignment.
        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
        Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
          ...and can confuse plants.
          This sounds like the aqua-man of nwn.

I would make fun of anyone who took this class.
          Originally posted by Saulus
          Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

DRUID used TRANSFORM: TREANT!

GREEN WHISPERER used CONFUSE!

DRUID used SLAM!
            DRUID is CONFUSED!
            DRUID hurt itself in its CONFUSION!
            James Arrow: Potion Vendor

Comment

Originally posted by Lothoir View Post
              DRUID used TRANSFORM: TREANT!

GREEN WHISPERER used CONFUSE!

DRUID used SLAM!
              DRUID is CONFUSED!
              DRUID hurt itself in its CONFUSION!
              DM: The bloodmaim are attacking!
              Wizard: I'll create a wall of fire to halt their progress!
              Fighter: I'll take a position behind the wall and cleave any that get through!
              Cleric: I'll call down the help of the gods to protect us and the townsfolk!
              Green-Whisperer: I uh... don't suppose they're attacking with some kind of sentient plant or something are they?
              DM: No, wtf... why would they?
              Greenwhisper: *shuffles off to the back and sings to the grass*

Comment

Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Pssh! They could get the bloodmaims hounds to turn on the orcs, or get all pied piper and use the local wildlife, or they could use curse song on the orcs, then wildshape into a bear and keep on casting thanks to natural spell.
                  Sydney Smith.

Comment

An epic level greenwhisper practicing her craft: http://movieclips.com/5at6F-nell-mov...e-in-the-wind/

Comment

Bards are full of awesome...

It's a crying shame that one of my favorite builds, the Bard / Frenzied Beserker, isn't really viable on Sundren ( and I'd love to see the bard/druid prc implemented).
                      I hope your not refering to the Foculan Lyricist? That class is horridly overpowered in every single way.
                      Originally posted by roguethree
                      If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

The most fun PnP class ever.

Barbarian: I leap over the barricade and swing for an archer.
                        Wizard: I cast a Wall of Force over the incoming reinforcements.
                        Rogue: I bide my time.
                        Bard: I challenge their leader... TO LIMERICK BATTLE.

*proceeds to spend the following 1 hour combat limericking until their leader collapses in tears, resolving to rethink his life, settle down and stay away from any situation that might lead to a bard being sent after him*
                        Running across the mountains, attacking with an oversized scalpel, cometh Helga Great-Wyrm! And she gives a mighty bellow:
                        "Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! You are made of meat and I am very hungry!"

Comment

Originally posted by Thief Of Navarre View Post
                          I hope your not refering to the Foculan Lyricist? That class is horridly overpowered in every single way.
                          No, that's a silly class. I meant the Green Whisperer that Corny is defeating me over
                          Sydney Smith.

Comment

No, that's a silly class. I meant the Green Whisperer that Corny is defeating me over
                            I'm just lashing out from mustache envy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornuto View Post
                              An epic level greenwhisper practicing her craft: http://movieclips.com/5at6F-nell-mov...e-in-the-wind/
                              Low blow my friend, low blow!

Im a tayay n da wiiiiin!
                              "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

Is the wiki incorrectly stating inspire defense as lvl10 or did it get bumped up the pecking order by like five whole levels?! I heartily disapprove of the latter ~ In fact I may write a ballard about it!
                                Originally posted by roguethree
                                If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X