Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sundren Crafting Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If people wish to look for rare ingredients, the DM's will be more than happy to respond.
    We've actually been told a number of times that they'll do just the opposite.

Such as the Ring of Free Action which needs snake skins
    You really don't want this ring anyway. It's FoM at caster level 7, 2x/day (instead of permafreedom like it is in the toolset and OC). It was ironically agreed that an item that grants permanent freedom of movement (most likely to be used by a mundane [Bigby's bait] class) is OP, but classes with multiple extended/persisted FoM castings are just fine. *shrug* Xaayne went through hell to get his made, and the payoff was . . . underwhelming. Save your King's Tear for something more useful.
    Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Originally posted by roguethree View Post

You really don't want this ring anyway. It's FoM at caster level 7, 2x/day (instead of permafreedom like it is in the toolset and OC). It was ironically agreed that an item that grants permanent freedom of movement (most likely to be used by a mundane [Bigby's bait] class) is OP, but classes with multiple extended/persisted FoM castings are just fine. *shrug* Xaayne went through hell to get his made, and the payoff was . . . underwhelming. Save your King's Tear for something more useful.
      Aye, I heard the same was true for the gem of true seeing. Sadly my new character is a Mystic Theurge, so the gem is rather useless to me anyways. I do agree, extremely underwhelming for the work needed to make the ring.
      "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

Originally posted by roguethree View Post
        If folks put up requests for rare gems like a King's Tear, you are correct. That item is extremely rare, and is meant to be such. You have to mine it, and pray that you get it.

However, for items that may not exist in the drop system (such as a Hag's Eye), I think it should be possible to quest for them. If another DM or Developer knows more about this than I do, feel free to chime in.

Will you find them? Who knows. But we can help you look!
        "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

I love helping toons that have a goal.

OH! and at the very least, plan A.

All the suggestions presented here, for the most part, would be entertained by me if presented to me ingame.

Comment

Generally a "Can I have an event to get item X please?" request won't get far.

There's a difference between item requests, and event requests.

Multiple PCs, aiming for an event rather than just the outcome and having a rough IG plan is much better, something along the same vein as Snowmane's example would be good (but with players, not NPCs).

"My PC is a crafter and has realized he needs some rare items to complete a project. He's encountered the Shekinessi near Aquor and figures they might be suitable. To help get skins he's hired PCs Dave and Simon who have good Survival and Knowledge:Nature skills to help him track down some suitable snakes and skin them. Can we get a DM to oversee our party?"
            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
            Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
              Multiple PCs, aiming for an event rather than just the outcome and having a rough IG plan is much better, something along the same vein as Snowmane's example would be good (but with players, not NPCs).

"My PC is a crafter and has realized he needs some rare items to complete a project. He's encountered the Shekinessi near Aquor and figures they might be suitable. To help get skins he's hired PCs Dave and Simon who have good Survival and Knowledge:Nature skills to help him track down some suitable snakes and skin them. Can we get a DM to oversee our party?"
              This would be ideal, I agree. But with the reduced server population many times there isn't a PC with those skills available. That leaves one of two options: Either get someone to make an alternate character and level it a bit to fill this role (not a very RP-like solution); or have a DM fill the role as one of Sundren's many faceless NPC's.
              Account Name: LuvHandles
              Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
              Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
              Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
              Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
              Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
              Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

Wiki listed 3 crafting feats, but didn't say if a character needs them or not...
                Do I need feats for crafting?

Comment

It depends on what you want to craft.

For the crafting of mundane items you simply need the materials, a work area and the appropriate skills; Alchemy, Weapons, Armour, Woodworking, Gemcutting, Traps and Tinkering. Some things require a spread of skills, for this reason it's often best to work with other crafters to get help with the bits your character is weak at.

If you want to enchant the items, you'll need the Craft Magical Arms and Armour feat.
                  For making non weapon and armour magical items such as belts, cloaks, boots etc then you'll need the Craft wonderous Items feats.
                  For creating enchanted gems (which can be used to add extra enchantments to items that have gem sockets and are fitted with the craft jewelry/gems skills), arrows, exploding stones and the like then you'll need the Imbue Object feat.
                  It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                  Sydney Smith.

Comment

Can an item that has an enchantment already on it have a greater enchantment placed on it and what is the effect? For example can a +1 sword be re-enchanted to a +3 sword or +2 AC armor to +4 AC armor and how does this effect the 3 enchantment limit?

1. Is the old enhancement replaced or is the new enhancement added as a separate line item?
                    2. If the old enhancement is replaced but there are already three enchantments on the item can the upgrade still be done? If I understood Kit correctly I believe the answer to this is no but I need to clarify.
                    Ashard Velmont - Gentleman scoundrel
                    Ryland Padant - A dedicated soul

Comment

Unless something odd has changed, old enchantments are replaced by the same type of new enchantment. I think the upgrade can still be done on three enchantment items (been a long time since I did this with Cybil, but it worked then)
                      Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
                      Cybil Gelley (Retired)
                      Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

I have successfully improved a "like" enchantment on a weapon found in loot, changing it from a +1 to +2 or 3. So it is possible to improve or change a "like" enchantment on weapon with three enchantments.

Sometimes it does not work as intended. For example, I attempted to add another elemental damage (1d4 Cold) to a weapon that already had two previous enchantments (+2, 1D4 Fire) only to have it replace the "like" enchantement... turning the weapon from +2, 1D4 Fire to +2, 1D4 Cold.

Cheers!
                        Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceveda View Post
                          Wiki listed 3 crafting feats, but didn't say if a character needs them or not...

Do I need feats for crafting?
                          Yes. If you want to enchant armor or weapons you need the appropriate feat. Same applies for making wondrous items, imbuing gems, making wands, etc. All of these require a specific feat.

Crafting in Sundren also includes the ability to make armor, weapons, cloths, etc. This is what allows a player a greater range of customization for their kit.

http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...rafting_System

Cheers!
                          Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
                            For creating enchanted gems (which can be used to add extra enchantments to items that have gem sockets and are fitted with the craft jewelry/gems skills), arrows, exploding stones and the like then you'll need the Imbue Object feat.
                            Question: Is the "Imbue Object" Feat the same as the warlock Imbue Item feat?

Or do they substitute for each other?

Or are they completely separate?

Comment

The warlock feat is different and is a replacement for needing to know spells. It states that a warlock still needs the appropriate crafting feats.

A wizard/cleric/other would need the Imbue Material feat plus X spell to create Y item from Z recipe.
                              A warlock would need the Imbue Material feat plus his inherent power (Imbue Item feat) to create Y item from Z recipe.
                              Sydney Smith.

Comment

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Just another shot in the dark: does anybody know if the Warlock Imbue Item currently functions appropriately when crafting?

Comment

Working...
                                X