Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sundren Crafting Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundren Crafting Question.

So I understand almost everything there is about the crafting system however, when I was playing with the colors for a suit of armor I was thinking of getting crafted I was using light blue, yet in the combat screen it said I was of insufficient quantity for Red dye. Does this mean instead of blue dye that I would then need red dye even though the color was blue? If anyone would like to check it out the color was 196 Lightness 66 saturation 50.
    "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Tinting is achieved through combination of dyes. You were picking a shade that had red in it. Only blue dye, will only let you use the true blue.

I take every color with me to craft, to tint, and it's not a problem. It's the way the system works.
    [COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][I][B]Landristin Ly[/B][/I][/COLOR][I][B][COLOR=Blue]onstongue[/COLOR][/B][/I]: Ancient, Child of Colibrus. Advisor of Colibrus, Emissary of Sestra, Magistrate of Sestra.

-[I]Not fond of morning walks on the beach.[/I]
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Instead of starting a different thread I will leech off of Mournas'

Does anyone know if the Deflection incantation adds shield AC or deflection AC to shields?

The armor incantation says it works on armor or clothing and the deflection incantation says it works on shields, weapons, et al. I have been searching for a separate shield AC incantation and I have, as of yet, not found it.
      Ashard Velmont - Gentleman scoundrel
      Ryland Padant - A dedicated soul

Comment

I don't think the game can apply a deflection mod to shields. We haven't used the recipe yet, but we're anticipating a shield bonus.
        Originally posted by Cornuto
        Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

It's a shield bonus, all NWN2 items that can have an AC bonus applied to them, have a default value. eg; Rings will always be deflection, amulets always natural, armor always armor, shields always shield. If I'm not mistaken it's one of those hard coded deals.
          Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
          Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
          Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
          Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
          Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
          Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Originally posted by Kasso View Post
            It's a shield bonus, all NWN2 items that can have an AC bonus applied to them, have a default value. eg; Rings will always be deflection, amulets always natural, armor always armor, shields always shield. If I'm not mistaken it's one of those hard coded deals.
            That is good to know, I was wondering why I would want Deflection on my shield when you get it on so many other items.

Comment

Except there are bracers of armor and gloves of deflection . . .

*my head asplode*

Comment

Filling the same slot doesn't mean they're the same item! A weapon can have AC added to it for example, but it comes in the forum of a deflection bonus, even though technically, it would fill a shield slot. (In terms of its defensive alternative)
                Aesa Volsung - Uthgardt Warrior

Formerly
                Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
                Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
                Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
                Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
                Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8

Comment

Another crafting question. The Wiki states the following for Crafting:

"So DC level for magic crafting is 1d10 + caster level"

Does the caster level for crafting include the practiced spell caster levels so that a lvl 12 shaman/lvl 3 rouge gets a 1d10 + 15 on the roll as their caster level or is it limited to the 12 levels of shaman?

Comment

Total caster level. In your example, 15.

Comment

Also why are there Recipes with items that don't drop? Such as the Ring of Free Action which needs snake skins and Arcanist Pearls needs a pearl. Seem to me that it would be logical to have the components drop.

Comment

Sounds like an opportunity for a role-playing event to me. It would be pretty cool to have to, say, summon a water elemental and negotiate with it to get just the right pearl for the recipe! Or maybe hire a skilled hunter NPC(DM) to accompany you on a run through the Shikenessi to get the snake skins. Of course, the DMs always seem to be so busy . . .
                        Account Name: LuvHandles
                        Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
                        Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
                        Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
                        Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
                        Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
                        Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

DM's are available if you ask them (usually). If people wish to look for rare ingredients, the DM's will be more than happy to respond.
                          "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Originally posted by Snowmane View Post
                            Sounds like an opportunity for a role-playing event to me. It would be pretty cool to have to, say, summon a water elemental and negotiate with it to get just the right pearl for the recipe! Or maybe hire a skilled hunter NPC(DM) to accompany you on a run through the Shikenessi to get the snake skins. Of course, the DMs always seem to be so busy . . .
                            I know Ryland Padant has been looking for snake skins within those caves for about a week now and has not found a single one. Also, in my opinion a Kings Tear should not be more common than a pearl. That is just my perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Mournas View Post
                              I know Ryland Padant has been looking for snake skins within those caves for about a week now and has not found a single one. Also, in my opinion a Kings Tear should not be more common than a pearl. That is just my perspective.
                              To be fair though it was just my expectation to find the snake skins with the Sheknessi and now thanks to a question asked of a DM I know, or at least I think I know, they don't drop there. Ryland may well be seeking an experienced skinner to join him in the snake caves or elsewhere if the items are undroppable or uncommonly droppable. I do accept that those items don't have to be easy to find and will be ringing up a DM to quest them if need be.

I probably over pester the DM's with requests and yet I have always gotten some kind of response ranging from immediate assitance to Ryland can't do or afford that yet (my judgment not theirs) to we like the idea but it will need to wait for good reason.

To Mournas - I apologize for forgetting to share with you that I received an answer from a DM on that question after you helped me kick around area ideas for searching. I do appreciate the time you took to help me.

Comment

Working...
                              X